Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys; as part of enrichment we have to choose something to make us stand out; I'm considering AS Critical Thinking. Does anyone know what this is about? I'll ask my old pal Google but if anyone has any info I'd be grateful! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    My enrichment consists of the debating society and potentially the Theatre (the technical stuff, sound, lighting etc.)
    Go me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glitch96)
    Math is driving me insane! It's not so much the work but my teacher, I got my head bitten off for not keeping up and using the wrong method, it's not like I'm a slacker either as it is.. Or dare I say was, my favourite subject, I'm almost scared to go to that class now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't always use the correct method either :lol: so my teacher complains when there are gaps in my working out :/ like when Facotrising i can't do the PAFF method it bores and confuses me :/ .. i just look at it and bam, i have the brackets in my head and write them down :lol:

My working out only makes sense to me ;D they are my notes ..Probably be my downfall in the exam :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustaDreamer)
    Hey guys; as part of enrichment we have to choose something to make us stand out; I'm considering AS Critical Thinking. Does anyone know what this is about? I'll ask my old pal Google but if anyone has any info I'd be grateful! Thanks!
    Not so sure about that, at my school we're forced to do general studies AS in addition to our 4 options and that, along with critical thinking (i think) are generally seen as almost worthless subjects by universities xD then again, that might just be if they are one of your core 3/4 options.

For myself i'm doing the young enterprise thing in enrichment, apparently it's worth an as level and i may make some money if i can make a decent business idea, i don't know whether i will continue it for the whole length but who knows, if it's easy i might as well! same goes for general studies for me and critical thinking for you, apparently it isn't too hard so i guess it won't hurt? Although the the cliché uni enrichment is either rowing (haha) and any sort of charity work.

(Original post by peaaceandl0ve)

Ooh, that’s snazzy! I hope you enjoy it What is it you’re wanting to study there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm currently thinking of Computer Science, I may want a career to do with software and I'm obsessed with electronics so it seems like a good fit so far, maybe I can get info on what it actually involved, besides computers and science Do you know what you want to study at uni yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    My enrichment consists of the debating society and potentially the Theatre (the technical stuff, sound, lighting etc.)
    Go me!
    I think I might be doing debating but... It's when I have my free last lesson (and I'd rather go home at like 1:30 instead of 3:40)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I think I might be doing debating but... It's when I have my free last lesson (and I'd rather go home at like 1:30 instead of 3:40)
    I don't think i could argue for 2 hours :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Ok everyone how has your AS Levels been going?
    Please List your subjects under the following headings:
    Most Enjoyable Subjects(1=favourite)
    1.Physics(The Lectures have been really interesting and engaging and I have been finding Physics really interesting)
    2.Further Maths(My Class have been put into some really hard Maths straight away, which has been very interesting but very difficult)
    3.Geography(The Lectures have been quite interesting and the work has been challenging at times)
    4.Maths(I love Maths but the Lectures have been rubbish and the Maths has been incredibly boring, they were getting us to do Foundation GCSE questions at points like factorise 3x+9 and mentioning that 4-3=1 and x*1=x)
    Hardest Subjects(1=hardest)
    1.Further Maths(I'm great at Maths but you really can't compare Maths and Further Maths A-Level they are worlds apart in difficulty-everyone I talked to really struggled with it.)
    2.Geography(It has been quite hard to understand the concepts about Geography)
    3.Physics(Physics has been easy but there have been challenges that can be hard at times)
    4.Maths(This subject has just been piss easy its as if the teachers have been taking the mick but I did get caught out once)
    I haven't had lessons as easy as Maths A-Level since the start of Secondary School and I'm not kidding-they are teaching a lot of stuff that my teachers simply skipped out of the GCSE teaching because the topics are that easy.
    After what has been happening I have been wondering whether Physics at Degree would be better for me because the lessons have either been boring(Maths) or hard(Further Maths) and I have been more interested by Physics.However, the Further Maths lesson was Pure Physics so this maybe not a great idea.

ReputationRep:
    How much work are you guys doing on top of classes and homework? My school recommends between 3 and 4.5 hours per subject per week, and I want to do really well this year to take pressure off me in A2s, so I'm aiming for the higher end of the spectrum, but I still feel like I'm not doing enough...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    I don't think i could argue for 2 hours :lol:
    It's lunch then last lesson

Reallt weird!

Have to talk less, I'm so easily identify.

ReputationRep:
    Literally dying tonight with the amount of work I'm doing
    Just spent like 3 hours on maths and now finally moving on to trying to revise Bio for the test tomorrow
    WHEN WILL IT END?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's lunch then last lesson

Reallt weird!

Have to talk less, I'm so easily identify.
    Ohhh that is rather a late dinner

What do you mean? :/

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh that is rather a late dinner

What do you mean? :/
    I know! 1:30 and my stomach is like GRRRRR!

And I'm easily identifiable through this information so I'll shut up about school specifics

ReputationRep:
    I know! 1:30 and my stomach is like GRRRRR!

And I'm easily identifiable through this information so I'll shut up about school specifics
    Ohhh I don't think many people here know you

Or are you concerned about the other way around :lol:

I believe you :O mine is like that 12 ... And now my school is trying to force us to have 12:30 dinner :L

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh I don't think many people here know you

Or are you concerned about the other way around :lol:

I believe you :O mine is like that 12 ... And now my school is trying to force us to have 12:30 dinner :L
    People might find me here

:eek: I hate this structure A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Ok everyone how has your AS Levels been going?
    Please List your subjects under the following headings:
    1.Physics(The Lectures have been really interesting and engaging and I have been finding Physics really interesting)
    2.Further Maths(My Class have been put into some really hard Maths straight away, which has been very interesting but very difficult)
    3.Geography(The Lectures have been quite interesting and the work has been challenging at times)
    4.Maths(I love Maths but the Lectures have been rubbish and the Maths has been incredibly boring, they were getting us to do Foundation GCSE questions at points like factorise 3x+9 and mentioning that 4-3=1 and x*1=x)
    1.Further Maths(I'm great at Maths but you really can't compare Maths and Further Maths A-Level they are worlds apart in difficulty-everyone I talked to really struggled with it.)
    2.Geography(It has been quite hard to understand the concepts about Geography)
    3.Physics(Physics has been easy but there have been challenges that can be hard at times)
    4.Maths(This subject has just been piss easy its as if the teachers have been taking the mick but I did get caught out once)
    I haven't had lessons as easy as Maths A-Level since the start of Secondary School and I'm not kidding-they are teaching a lot of stuff that my teachers simply skipped out of the GCSE teaching because the topics are that easy.
    After what has been happening I have been wondering whether Physics at Degree would be better for me because the lessons have either been boring(Maths) or hard(Further Maths) and I have been more interested by Physics.However, the Further Maths lesson was Pure Physics so this maybe not a great idea.

1.Biology - love the subject, great teacher. There's definitely a lot to remember, but I do really find it interesting.
    2.Geography - again, the subject interests me, and we have good teachers. Well, we have an amazing teacher for human geog, and quite a good teacher for physical geog, so it averages out :P
    3.Chemistry - I do like chemistry but so far it's all fairly basic, and I like going into a lot of depth in my subjects. We do have a really good teacher though, and I'm looking forward to going into more depth.
    4.Maths - I have absolutely nothing against maths - solving some equations is quite therapeutic when you've had a morning of practicals - I just prefer my other subjects.

These are in terms of current difficulty - maths and chemistry are easing us in gently by starting with topics we more or less covered at GCSE, so they're obviously seem quite a bit easier right now.

1. Biology - the concepts aren't too hard, it's just there's SO MUCH TO MEMORISE AND SO MANY LONG WORDS AND I FEEL LIKE I'M DROWNING HALP. No, but in all seriousness, A-level biology totally different from GCSE. A lot more enjoyable, yes, but definitely harder.
    2. Chemistry - so far, chemistry hasn't actually been too hard, it's just occasionally a bit of a struggle getting my head around things at first, and I suppose it's harder than maths and geog.
    3. Maths - at the moment we're covering topics I've already studied, whether at GCSE or in my own time, so it's not too bad yet. I've been reliably informed it gets worse though.
    4. Geography - it doesn't feel like too much of a step up from GCSE, we covered the topics (in less detail) in year 8, and it's being taught well, so overall I'm finding it easy enough.

ReputationRep:
    Got so much homework this week, but it's only going to get worse so I;m trying to keep on top of it and do it pretty much as soon as I get it

ReputationRep:
    People might find me here

:eek: I hate this structure A*
    Haha I thought so :lol:

It does sound strange ... That's a umm random A* :L

ReputationRep:
    so much homework i have no time to study for my self

ReputationRep:
    haha we all have two frees at the end of wednesday (2:10-4:10), to do enrichment. I'm only doing the theatre backstage because I still have to wait for the bus to leave at 4:10. We went to the local town for a McDonalds today, it was top

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had much homework yet, but then again I'm taking sciences so there's no essays!

Saying that I have a presentation to do for Friday in Chem, and a 90 minute piece of C2... Got most of that done in free today though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.