The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Peter Ramage, too. You need defensive cover - and he's experienced.

Hopefully he doesn't suffer the same fate as Johnson and Turner, the ironic thing is that Chris Stokes has actually done quite well since he was moved from left back.
Original post by Mackay
You won't be getting promoted this season.

Lol. Who do you support ? Why do you think that ? Not saying I disagree:frown::frown:
Reply 4982
Original post by Rock Fan
After 9 years the old Football League thread has reached it's end, has been a great era and it had grown so much. But now here is a new era, for those who haven't seen this before this is a thread for talk about anything Football League and lower.

Here is a few of a regular fans and who they support, if you want to be added to the list drop me a message so I can add you to the list.

hskjlclcn, Dr DaMan, Jakesidhu - Wolves
Midlander - Coventry
DT - Bolton
Jangrafess - Brentford
Bun - York City
CraigWM, billybo_h - Watford
Scott129 - Derby County
Stiff Little Fingers - Leicester City
nixonsjellybeans - Sheffield Wednesday
Mockery - Huddersfield Town
Silver Arrows, TornadoGR4, The Wavefunction - Leeds United
brocklehurst95, blue n white army - Blackburn Rovers
redleader1 - Bradford City
Loat - Yeovil
alex_hk90 - MK Dons
Danny1907 - Rochdale
Cheese_Monster, MiniO - Oxford United
EsomR - Reading
barnetlad, PetrosAC - Barnet
skotch - Torquay United
Huskaris - Charlton
redferry, Hooby, rstar345 - Birmingham City
nighthiker - Colchester United
blackrose96 - Nottingham Forest
ra-ra-ra - Wrexham
JohnTindale - Hartlepool
joddcfc - Chesterfield
LordPhylogeny - AFC Wimbledon
gghjk - Luton Town
Ferret1 - Stevenage
THEALB10N - Brighton
fluttershy - Norwich City
Infan2a - Ipswich Town
BethhPhill - Cardiff City
Squidgyness - Middlesbrough
Tony_LeaS - Dulwich Hamlet
shotsboy123 - Aldershot

If it's cool can you add me? I support Leyton Orient.
Original post by Zezo
If it's cool can you add me? I support Leyton Orient.

Will do :yy:
Original post by redleader1
Lol. Who do you support ? Why do you think that ? Not saying I disagree:frown::frown:

Liverpool.
Original post by Mackay
Liverpool.

Why do you think Bradford wont get promoted ?
Why do you think Bradford wont get promoted ?

Because there's eight teams who will finish higher than them.
They won't finish in the top 10 either
Original post by Mackay
Because there's eight teams who will finish higher than them.

So you think we'll finish 9th ? Last season we finished 7. There may be a small chance of us sneaking into the play off spot. However my questioned was why you think we wont get promoted ie managers tactics, the board etc
So you think we'll finish 9th ? Last season we finished 7. There may be a small chance of us sneaking into the play off spot. However my questioned was why you think we wont get promoted ie managers tactics, the board etc

I don't know where you'll finish. You'll be lucky if it's top ten, though. You don't have the squad to compete with the top six in League One. Even teams like Sheffield United may fail to make it into the play-offs this season.
Original post by Mackay
I don't know where you'll finish. You'll be lucky if it's top ten, though. You don't have the squad to compete with the top six in League One. Even teams like Sheffield United may fail to make it into the play-offs this season.

At the start of the season we had an ok squad but some are out injured. But would you say its to do with the manger's tactics ? Parkinson has done ok ie promotion and cup runs but not enough in terms of competitiveness in this league its not good enough.
At the start of the season we had an ok squad but some are out injured. But would you say its to do with the manger's tactics ? Parkinson has done ok ie promotion and cup runs but not enough in terms of competitiveness in this league its not good enough.

Don't know enough about your injuries to comment, but you don't score anywhere near enough goals. Peterborough have almost double your tally, which is a paltry 24. In context, the teams above you (Millwall and Doncaster) have 36 and 31 respectively.
Original post by Mackay
Don't know enough about your injuries to comment, but you don't score anywhere near enough goals. Peterborough have almost double your tally, which is a paltry 24. In context, the teams above you (Millwall and Doncaster) have 36 and 31 respectively.

Christ, Armstrong's scored nearly as many as Bradford?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
Christ, Armstrong's scored nearly as many as Bradford?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. They won't get promoted. Burton, Walsall, Coventry, Wigan, Gillingham, Peterborough United, Southend, Sheffield United, and even Rochdale and Millwall are better sides.
League one game on Sky tonight, Wigan and Gillingham
Sheffield United are going to find it tough to keep hold of Che Adams, you imagine. He's one of the best players in the third tier that isn't on-loan from the PL.
League one game on Sky tonight, Wigan and Gillingham

wondering why Wigan are odds on to win tbh I must be missing something.

Gillingham are 9 points ahead of them in the table (2nd, Wigan 5th), Gillingham have won their last 2 away games and have scored an average of over 2 goals an away game in the last 5. Wigan have only scored twice at home in the last four games, losing their last two and failing to score in both, including against relegation Blackpool. Gillingham DNB for tonight.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by joey11223
wondering why Wigan are odds on to win tbh I must be missing something.

Gillingham are 9 points ahead of them in the table (2nd, Wigan 5th), Gillingham have won their last 2 away games and have scored an average of over 2 goals an away game in the last 5. Wigan have only scored twice at home in the last four games, losing their last two and failing to score in both, including against relegation Blackpool. Gillingham DNB for tonight.

I can see it being a Wigan win.
I can see it being a Wigan win.

I'll go with 2-1 Gillingham.
Original post by joey11223
I'll go with 2-1 Gillingham.

I'm gonna go for 2-0 to Wigan

Quick Reply

Latest