Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Demari Gray moves from Birmingham to Leicester https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...10151844,d.ZWU
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Really sad news about Bury's striker Leon Clarke, whose father was killed over the festive period.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Really sad news about Bury's striker Leon Clarke, whose father was killed over the festive period.
    Never nice when you lose a relative especially over Christmas, I seem to remember wasn't it a Bournemouth player played despite losing his baby and his wife or something?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Never nice when you lose a relative especially over Christmas, I seem to remember wasn't it a Bournemouth player played despite losing his baby and his wife or something?
    Harry Arter, yeah. That was the week where he managed to be man-of-the-match against United during their victory over LVG's men. Remarkable feat of mental strength.

ReputationRep:
    Meanwhile though more problems for Bolton as it looks like they will be forced to sell players http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35222429
    I'd like to steal some of their players

ReputationRep:
    Meanwhile though more problems for Bolton as it looks like they will be forced to sell players http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35222429
    I know he would never admit it but Neil Lennon must be seriously regretting leaving Celtic only to join a sinking ship. Can't think of many worse managerial changes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Midlander)
    I know he would never admit it but Neil Lennon must be seriously regretting leaving Celtic only to join a sinking ship. Can't think of many worse managerial changes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think he has been questioning in it lately, clearly he didn't know the full extent of the problems at the club.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He left Celtic months before he joined Bolton.

He's probably earning 5 times more money than what he was being paid in Scotland anyway.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clough and Vela are the obvious players to pinch from Bolton.

ReputationRep:
    Silly money paid for Nick Blackman tonight, somewhere in the region of £2.5-3 million by Derby. Very glad we didn't waste our money on a decent (but not great) player whose contract was up in the summer.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Not as silly as Ross McCormack going for £10m ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Not as silly as Ross McCormack going for £10m ffs.
    Agreed, I nearly died when that happened.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Coventry pretty close to sealing a permanent deal for Joe Cole, apparently. What a turn up that is.

ReputationRep:
    What do we think of Bradford's style of football ? Personally I think its not that good long ball isnt good enough for promotion, however with the right players the manager isnt to blame like when we had Nahki Wells he had skill and could do a lot with the ball, so the style of play cant really be done to the manager can it ?

What do you think ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by redleader1)
    What do we think of Bradford's style of football ? Personally I think its not that good long ball isnt good enough for promotion, however with the right players the manager isnt to blame like when we had Nahki Wells he had skill and could do a lot with the ball, so the style of play cant really be done to the manager can it ?

What do you think ?
    You won't be getting promoted this season.

ReputationRep:
    Coventry pretty close to sealing a permanent deal for Joe Cole, apparently. What a turn up that is.
    According to him the wage isn't important because he's already loaded, and he is looking to get into coaching post retirement, so I expect this will form part of the deal. Great for the youngsters to have him around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)

What do you think ?
    Style of play is all down to the manager who can sign players he thinks will fit in with it. Parkinson is obviously content with the direct style so he will continue signing players accordingly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    According to him the wage isn't important because he's already loaded, and he is looking to get into coaching post retirement, so I expect this will form part of the deal. Great for the youngsters to have him around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Peter Ramage, too. You need defensive cover - and he's experienced.

ReputationRep:
    Peter Ramage, too. You need defensive cover - and he's experienced.
    Hopefully he doesn't suffer the same fate as Johnson and Turner, the ironic thing is that Chris Stokes has actually done quite well since he was moved from left back.

ReputationRep:
    You won't be getting promoted this season.
    Lol. Who do you support ? Why do you think that ? Not saying I disagree

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 20, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.