Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I will give you that: he is playing good and fast and powerful serve balls, combined with intelligent anticipation. That is really an eye catcher for spectaculars. But in the other hand he loses his nerves now and than and thus have problems to play constantly.

Agree with you. He is injured for a long time, a whole year if I am not mistaken?!*
    He was injured in January, he's just resting and in rehab right now. He'll be back for the Hopman Cup.

ReputationRep:
    Murray is the second grestest player ever after Federer when you take into account Novak abuses steroids
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Murray is the second grestest player ever after Federer when you take into account Novak abuses steroids
    1.) No proof for that
    2.) Nadal, Sampras, Agassi, Laver, Mcenroe etc. are better than Murray all time

ReputationRep:
    How do you know Novak's on steroids?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have my sources...

It will all come out in around 10 years time. You'll see.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I have my sources...

Tennis is one of the most highly tested sports out there these days. Sharopova got busted literally 3 weeks after the drug even got banned. Most think Djoko is clean. See this for proof of that (comments):
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nce-armstrong/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    Tennis is one of the most highly tested sports out there these days. Sharopova got busted literally 3 weeks after the drug even got banned. Most think Djoko is clean. See this for proof of that (comments):
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nce-armstrong/
    Clearly is.Exhibit A:

Look at the veins on his arms, a prominent characteristic of steroid abuse. Not to mention look at his anger. That comes from a behavioural side effect commonly known as "roid rage".
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The second greatest player had some problems to pass against Lorenzi. The first sets were balanced, the last two ones were a plan sailing for Murray.

I have my sources...

If it comes just out in 10 years, I wonder what kind of sources can confirm that Djokovic doing drugs.*
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Clearly is.Exhibit A:

Look at the veins on his arms, a prominent characteristic of steroid abuse. Not to mention look at his anger. That comes from a behavioural side effect commonly known as "roid rage".
    Are you even going to adress my points?
    This wasnt this years AO was it? I assure you he gets tested and he would of been banned by now.

This is Serena Williams in her match against Sharapova at the AO this year. You can see her veins here rather clearly, but does that mean she dopes? Well, no, as Sharapova was banned soon after this match, and Williams was not.
    The anger point is just so, so silly I'm nt even going to adress it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    Are you even going to adress my points?
    This wasnt this years AO was it? I assure you he gets tested and he would of been banned by now.

This is Serena Williams in her match against Sharapova at the AO this year. You can see her veins here rather clearly, but does that mean she dopes? Well, no, as Sharapova was banned soon after this match, and Williams was not.
    The anger point is just so, so silly I'm nt even going to adress it
    Yes the Williams sisters clearly do dope. They've probably been receiving testosterone boosters since they were born!

Anyway back to my original point. Murray had to become the second greatest player ever growing up in Scotland as well. You know infinitely more difficult that is compared to growing up in Spain, Switzerland, America etc... when you take into account the diet, the lure of alcohol and non-performance enhancing drugs and worst of all the weather... it's a miracle.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yes the Williams sisters clearly do dope. They've probably been receiving testosterone boosters since they were born!

Anyway back to my original point. Murray had to become the second greatest player ever growing up in Scotland as well. You know infinitely more difficult that is compared to growing up in Spain, Switzerland, America etc... when you take into account the diet, the lure of alcohol and non-performance enhancing drugs and worst of all the weather... it's a miracle.
    Eh?
    You cant be serious.
    Why growing up in Scotland would be a negative I dont really know. I know perhaps the weather isnt so good but the LTA does pump quite a bit of money into the system so new tennis players can be developed. Regardless, he did the most crucial part of his training in Spain so...

Ok, the diet/lure of alchohol/ drugs are also in America I hope you know.
    If anything it was far worse for mcenroe, as there was no really fitness ethic back then.

ReputationRep:
    has a temper+is fit = roid user confirmed

ReputationRep:
    lool do you even watch tennis? Murray got nothing on Rafa and Jimmy Connors, he wont match any of them with the next gen players looking this good right now.

ReputationRep:
    Del Potro vs Warwinka for the QF.

ReputationRep:
    Is Murray on roids too?

ReputationRep:
    6-3 4-6 6-2 6-3 to del potro for me

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Del Potro vs Warwinka for the QF.
    one to watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ovo_zverit)
    one to watch
    Who wins?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hope so to watch the women's US open final tomorrow. Hope so to be in time at home.

*Wow, Andy Murray is out before the half-final? didn't expected that. Boy, I have really missed a sensation.*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.