Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miavdbt)
    Aw, cute tsr! Except I've debated with you on a number of occasions and you're the one who keeps missing the main point or avoids answering questions he can't answer! So don't project your faults onto others.
    Ad hominem. Invalid argument. Forbidden Request. Error 400. Thou shall not pass.

You get the idea...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    Ad hominem. Invalid argument. Forbidden Request. Error 400. Thou shall not pass.

You get the idea...
    Not Ad Hominem. I wasn't responding to your post as a whole, just the bolded part

Hypocrisy at its best, if anything your original remark would be 'ad hominem' in that case, since you tried to undermine his arguments by implying he was 'slow'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miavdbt)
    Not Ad Hominem. I wasn't responding to your post as a whole, just the bolded part
    Tut tut.

You went for the man, not the argument. In case you didn't realise, this is the Israel/Palestine conflict and not "Bash another person thread"...

Hypocrisy at its best, if anything your original remark would be 'ad hominem' in that case, since you tried to undermine his arguments by implying he was 'slow'.
    That was a preamble. I didn't want to post the same thing over twice so I communicated it such a manner which I felt was appropriate.

I cannot apologise if it wasn't to your liking.

Now, if you have any valid arguments relevant to the thread topic, please make them...

ReputationRep:
    Baroness Warsi has tendered her resignation over the UK's stance over the Israel/Palestine conflict.

ReputationRep:
    Let me be very clear because I have conversed with you on a number of topics and you haven't seemed to have picked the points up quickly. To be fair, the rest of your pro-zionist cohorts are the same.

The attack on the soldier has not been linked to HAMAS, contrary to your erroneous assertions...
    I have seen your frequent posts of updates and when a UN facility is damaged your quick to blame Israel even though there is no link to the IDF. It works both ways mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MASTER265)
    I have seen your frequent posts of updates and when a UN facility is damaged your quick to blame Israel even though there is no link to the IDF. It works both ways mate
    So that's a NO on the evidence? Hardly surprising....

ReputationRep:
    So that's a NO on the evidence? Hardly surprising....
    I would have to search god knows how many pages to prove a point everyone opposed to you already knows. A UN facility comes under fire and you always assume Israel with no evidence. So when I assume a Hamas militant shoots an IDF soldier you can not blame me for that assumption.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    It appears the motive of both sides is genocide. However i feel Israel as a legitimate state will go less likely on "Palestinians" as it already has offered the two state agreement twice and has been rejected for war.

If Israel lost the 1967 war against Egypt, Syria, Jordan. We would of 100% seen a another Jewish holocaust.

Muslims are not well known for their tolerance of non muslims :rolleyes:

ahem.
    Another...............maybe they should have just stayed in Europe . Why the hell did they go steal land in the middle east?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    I'm an atheist lol.
    Ignore him he is a member of the jidf

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Considering israeli troops have pulled out and the tunnel network is destroyed I see an end to the conflict on the horizon, so we can all now just forgive and forget

ReputationRep:
    Considering israeli troops have pulled out and the tunnel network is destroyed I see an end to the conflict on the horizon, so we can all now just forgive and forget
    "Why should the Arabs make peace? If I were an Arab leader I would never make terms with Israel. That is natural: we have taken their country. Sure, God promised it to us, but what does that matter to them? Our God is not theirs. We come from Israel, it's true, but two thousand years ago, and what is that to them? There has been anti-Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They only see one thing: we have come here and stolen their country. Why should they accept that? They may perhaps forget in one or two generations' time, but for the moment there is no chance. So it's simple: we have to stay strong and maintain a powerful army." - David Ben-Gurion, the man who practically founded Israel.

This is what Israel was built on: on the hope that the Arabs, and indeed the whole world, will forgive and forget that horrible things ever happened to them. Now that things are not going according to plan, Israel thinks Israel can commit outright crimes and get away with it. Israel has killed over a thousand people in the past month (and it was no ordinary month but the holiest month in Islam, Ramadan) and injured tens of thousands and displaced hundreds of thousands. You're campaigning for criminals to get away with their crimes. In all probability, in spite of the outcry, they will. In two years, they will probably launch a similar campaign built on blatant lies, and kill and injure and displace hundreds of thousands of people, and all of that will be a matter of course.

'We can all forgive and forget', as if YOU have anything to forgive and forget, as if any of YOUR loved ones were killed, as if any of YOUR body parts are missing, as if YOUR house has been reduced to rubble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by well in the dark)
    "Why should the Arabs make peace? If I were an Arab leader I would never make terms with Israel. That is natural: we have taken their country. Sure, God promised it to us, but what does that matter to them? Our God is not theirs. We come from Israel, it's true, but two thousand years ago, and what is that to them? There has been anti-Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They only see one thing: we have come here and stolen their country. Why should they accept that? They may perhaps forget in one or two generations' time, but for the moment there is no chance. So it's simple: we have to stay strong and maintain a powerful army." - David Ben-Gurion, the man who practically founded Israel.

This is what Israel was built on: on the hope that the Arabs, and indeed the whole world, will forgive and forget that horrible things ever happened to them. Now that things are not going according to plan, Israel thinks Israel can commit outright crimes and get away with it. Israel has killed over a thousand people in the past month (and it was no ordinary month but the holiest month in Islam, Ramadan) and injured tens of thousands and displaced hundreds of thousands. You're campaigning for criminals to get away with their crimes. In all probability, in spite of the outcry, they will. In two years, they will probably launch a similar campaign built on blatant lies, and kill and injure and displace hundreds of thousands of people, and all of that will be a matter of course.

'We can all forgive and forget', as if YOU have anything to forgive and forget, as if any of YOUR loved ones were killed, as if any of YOUR body parts are missing, as if YOUR house has been reduced to rubble.
    More Muslims have died at the hand of other Muslims. Of course the Arabs can not make peace with Israel especially while they continue to fight each other sunni vs Shia Arab vs Kurd you name it. The whole place it the pits and Israel's work is the will of God
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    And how many times has a similar thing happened in the past? Has it ever worked? Is it really any different this time?
    Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same ****ing thing... over and over again expecting... **** to change... That. Is. Crazy. The first time somebody told me that, I dunno, I thought they were bull****ting me, so, I shot him. The thing is... He was right. And then I started seeing, everywhere I looked, everywhere I looked all these ****ing pricks, everywhere I looked, doing the exact same ****ing thing... over and over and over and over again thinking 'this time is gonna be different' no, no, no please... This time is gonna be different, I'm sorry, I don't like... The way...

ReputationRep:
    More Muslims have died at the hand of other Muslims. Of course the Arabs can not make peace with Israel especially while they continue to fight each other sunni vs Shia Arab vs Kurd you name it. The whole place it the pits and Israel's work is the will of God
    lol you're Kurdish so it's natural you hate Arabs, but one would have thought you would have retained humanity enough not to advocate for the forgiveness or blatant murderers.
    'Israel's work is the will of God' hopefully so will Israel's demise be the will of God

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    And how many times has a similar thing happened in the past? Has it ever worked? Is it really any different this time?
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    I mean forgive and forget this recent conflict until the next one. At the moment we have more important things to worry about like the Ukraine crisis, Syria, ISIS and recently Libya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by well in the dark)
    lol you're Kurdish so it's natural you hate Arabs, but one would have thought you would have retained humanity enough not to advocate for the forgiveness or blatant murderers.
    'Israel's work is the will of God' hopefully so will Israel's demise be the will of God
    The Kurds and Arabs they are the same. The fact is the Middle East is a complete **** hole and tbh I'm not surprised by anything that happens there

ReputationRep:
    I would have to search god knows how many pages to prove a point everyone opposed to you already knows.
    I suggest in future, you do not make stupid, uncorroborated and unsubstantiated comments if you do not want to do the legwork...

A UN facility comes under fire and you always assume Israel with no evidence. So when I assume a Hamas militant shoots an IDF soldier you can not blame me for that assumption.
    HAMAS's presence in the WB and in and around the Mount Scopus area is scant at best.

I would have had no problem had you stated "Palestinian" as opposed to HAMAS but no, you want to tar everyone with the same brush and hope no one picks it up...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I mean forgive and forget this recent conflict until the next one. At the moment we have more important things to worry about like the Ukraine crisis, Syria, ISIS and recently Libya
    out of those the only thing that is really any more or less important from a European perspective is Ukraine, and that's barely more important. Maybe ISIS a decade down the line

ReputationRep:
    I suggest in future, you do not make stupid, uncorroborated and unsubstantiated comments if you do not want to do the legwork...

HAMAS's presence in the WB and in and around the Mount Scopus area is scant at best.

I would have had no problem had you stated "Palestinian" as opposed to HAMAS but no, you want to tar everyone with the same brush and hope no one picks it up...
    Look at the election results in Palestine and tell me the majority are not HAMAS supporters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    out of those the only thing that is really any more or less important from a European perspective is Ukraine, and that's barely more important. Maybe ISIS a decade down the line
    ISIS, Syria and the Russian conflict present a greater threat to global security than Israel ever will. What threat does Israel pose to us? Nothing that is

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.