ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumb cabbage)
    Is anyone doing ocr geography?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I am. OCR spec B, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by semise)
    That's what I've been doing so far, but it doesn't feel like I've done enough, so I'm probably going to raise it to 6 hours - spread out through the day.
    Are you mainly doing exam-style questions or making revision notes?
    Tending to do a past paper then read over notes of where I've gone wrong, that works for sciences but harder for history and English etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully starting proper 7-9 hours a day revision tomorrow. Night all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Ahaha, I needed to rant. They were planning to take away a chunk of our study leave...

Everything's better now though cuz they reached a compromise and agreed to only cut out one week. So it's all good. (Well, still annoyed but at least they listened to our complaints. )

In hindsight, I probably would have survived... I just like to be melodramatic and all that shiz.

Anyways, how are you?
    You're lucky, we don't get ANY study leave!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaalouisee)
    Same. I go on 'study leave' 3 days before my first exam (and only because it falls on a weekend) grrrr

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiera28)
    Same. I go on 'study leave' 3 days before my first exam (and only because it falls on a weekend) grrrr

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's so annoying, we're not even allowed to go home during the exam season, like we have to go to all of our normal lessons unless we have an exam then we go back to lessons after it... It's absolutely ridiculous but apparently it's the law now?!

ReputationRep:
    it's not the law. I'm sorry but your school completely destroyed you guys. I have never written on the student room but I had to reply because your school has made up the biggest amount of ******** I have ever heard!!! (btw I just mad an account just to right to this) ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rgsgewefg)
    it's not the law. I'm sorry but your school completely destroyed you guys. I have never written on the student room but I had to reply because your school has made up the biggest amount of ******** I have ever heard!!! (btw I just mad an account just to right to this) ^
    Unfortunatley you're incorrect. The law regarding study leave before exam periods was reinstated by the department for education and Ed Milliband (-_-) in 2008. School's are not lawfully required to allow their students study leave before the exam series begins. It is however optional if they want to allow students to go to and from school in between their exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aha1)
    Unfortunatley you're incorrect. The law regarding study leave before exam periods was reinstated by the department for education and Ed Milliband (-_-) in 2008. School's are not lawfully required to allow their students study leave before the exam series begins. It is however optional if they want to allow students to go to and from school in between their exams.
    They were talking about study leave during exam sessions, not before hand.

ReputationRep:
    Oh crap.

One month until exams start, guys D: Good luck to you all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiera28)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ours starts a week into our exams ahahaha! Like I have two do non stop exams (10 in a row) for a week and then our study leave starts so i can go to and fro home only then...
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    Hey people,

This may come as a bit of a shock, but to help you all stop procrastinating and prepare for your exams, the Study Help Moderation team has come to the unfortunate decision that we are going to have to close year group threads. This is a decision that we have not made lightly and is something that we are doing for your best interests. The threads will be closed in a weeks time.

If you have any questions, feel free to quote me, Nirgilis, Slowbro93 or Changing Skies and we will clarify things for you.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Hey people,

This may come as a bit of a shock, but to help you all stop procrastinating and prepare for your exams, the Study Help Moderation team has come to the unfortunate decision that we are going to have to close year group threads. This is a decision that we have not made lightly and is something that we are doing for your best interests. The threads will be closed in a weeks time.

If you have any questions, feel free to quote me, Nirgilis, Slowbro93 or Changing Skies and we will clarify things for you.

Thanks
    Why are you doing this when many people's, mine included, main source of motivation comes from seeing how hard the other people on this thread work? Also I've tried to ask for help about subjects on the Study Help boards and I've never got a response, so I prefer to ask the people I know on here... Do you propose an alternative?

Edit: just realised the date. Not funny :facepalm:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by pursuedbyabear)
    I hate it when our school changes teachers so quickly. It's all very well that a few have complained, but now the new one won't have a clue where we're at. It's pretty important now, too.Who knows, it might turn out alright - I just wish they'd give us more notice.
    One of the Y10 double science classes have driven 10 teachers out of our school from September :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaalouisee)
    Ouch. That sucks.

ReputationRep:
    Hey people,

Thanks
    Nice one. I almost forgot it was today. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr...)
    One of the Y10 double science classes have driven 10 teachers out of our school from September :rolleyes:
    Ten teachers! :eek: What did they do to drive that many teachers away?!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    Ten teachers! :eek: What did they do to drive that many teachers away?!
    The first one left because of the the class' behaviour and the last one left because the science department bullied her :sadnod:. A lot happened inbetween

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael_Real)
    Yes I am. OCR spec B, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh same, how much revision have you done so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey people,

Thanks
    That's cool mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.