Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMaskedLady)
    I have my ukcat tomorrow and i have no idea what kind of score is considered good??? Should all the sections have a score 800+ or is 700 okay??
    Yeah 700 is good. They use an average so as long as the average is around 650 it's a good score, and then it gets better after that.
    Some universities use individual scores so take a look at them. Post ur score when u do it and we can tell u how it is.

Do well 👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Well I really doubt that sequence would come up in the UKCAT but there you go that's just my opinion. I'd just advise showing more empathy when everyone is a bit stressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol i'm not gonna kiss ass because u got stuck on a question. Empathy for what? Getting 1 AR reasoning question wrong, c'mon now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Yeah 700 is good. They use an average so as long as the average is around 650 it's a good score, and then it gets better after that.
    Some universities use individual scores so take a look at them. Post ur score when u do it and we can tell u how it is.

Do well 👍
    Okay thank you! And will do

ReputationRep:
    Lol i'm not gonna kiss ass because u got stuck on a question. Empathy for what? Getting 1 AR reasoning question wrong, c'mon now.
    ?? No need to say a question was easy when that's all about an individual, it was unnecessary is all I'm getting at, no need to be so mad, empathy is key if you want to be a doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ?? No need to say a question was easy when that's all about an individual, it was unnecessary is all I'm getting at, no need to be so mad, empathy is key if you want to be a doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So is dealing with stress.
    I was saying it was a reasonable question. That's not unnecessary, it's not my fault if u don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me please? So for AR which is the most similar resource to use, and are the medify mocks easy/hard for AR. I'd just like to know before I do them that's all thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you this makes me feel better 😅 when it's a stressful time you don't need people telling you it's easy as that's never comforting. I haven't actually done anything other than I did mock B ukcat a few days ago and got 550 but this was before I revamped my AR lmao and now I mostly get 4/5 on medify and sometimes 3 so woooo I'm getting the patterns more now which is the main part. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What have you done to revamp your AR? I've been getting anywhere between 570-670 on mocks! So not amazing but it could be worse. Sometimes I can't work out the pattern but I can just sort of tell if it looks right or not, probably not the best way to be going about it haha!

ReputationRep:
    lol that went from 0-100 real quick ...... did you do your UKCAT yet if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    It's not kissing ass. It's just not being so condescending.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me please? So for AR which is the most similar resource to use, and are the medify mocks easy/hard for AR. I'd just like to know before I do them that's all thanks.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    try UKCAT Ninja its good! Its worth a purchase if you have time left to do it. You can have mine if you wish it has subscription until 25th SEP and my test is tomorrow so i wont be needing it anymore.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I found medify to be pretty accurate, as well as the 1000 questions book. The again, I haven't used many of the resources as I didn't do as much practice as I should have.

Hope that helps you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archie2004)
    What have you done to revamp your AR? I've been getting anywhere between 570-670 on mocks! So not amazing but it could be worse. Sometimes I can't work out the pattern but I can just sort of tell if it looks right or not, probably not the best way to be going about it haha!
    Well I've started looking for the simplest patterns and I made a mind map ( a user on here helped me by posting theirs on here). Haha no don't worry I do the same thing I end up endlessly staring at the box and thinking hmm looks like set A that'll do 😂 I'm just trying to stay calm and remember patterns and know what to look for and I'm hoping that'll help improve my score as AR is my worst so far. Your scores are good though, much better than mine 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshforce1)
    try UKCAT Ninja its good! Its worth a purchase if you have time left to do it. You can have mine if you wish it has subscription until 25th SEP and my test is tomorrow so i wont be needing it anymore.
    Hey I've just messaged you thank thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys my test is tomorrow is it worth looking over some AR in the morning or just get good night sleep wake up and go to exam? Any tips for the day would be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMarles)
    I found medify to be pretty accurate, as well as the 1000 questions book. The again, I haven't used many of the resources as I didn't do as much practice as I should have.

Hope that helps you
    Oh no not the 1000q book I hate it so much 😂 thank you though! I better keep practicing then and medify is getting better for me so that's positive

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    is there a faster way of going through the practice questions in medify? every time i mark a set it takes like 40secs :/

ReputationRep:
    Empathy is a pretty key quality of being a Doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarrisonGCSE)
    Empathy is a pretty key quality of being a Doctor.
    Cool. I don't think empathy is required for getting one AR question wrong.
    Dealing with stress is also a 'key quality'.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone need any tips, just ask I'll be on for the next few hours!

ReputationRep:
    Cool. I don't think empathy is required for getting one AR question wrong.
    Dealing with stress is also a 'key quality'.
    One last thing I'd like to add is, I said everyone is a little stressed, because I'm fairly certain a test that pretty much determines whether you get into medicine or not is gonna make you feel a bit worried. I'm dealing with stress very well, why do you think I'm on this thread in the first place- to get help from everyone. Empathy is always required it's not something you make a choice with. I'm dealing with my stress as best as I can

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.