Oh cool! See you in September then ^^
vulcanology
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lolo.we)
Awesome, we're neighbours! I'm WC02D!!
nice! if i understand how the numbers work, it seems like we might be in the same flat (02) with our rooms next to each other (C and D). if that's the case, i look forward to seeing you in september!
loladam
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by vulcanology)
nice! if i understand how the numbers work, it seems like we might be in the same flat (02) with our rooms next to each other (C and D). if that's the case, i look forward to seeing you in september!
that is correct, you'll be next door to each other, maybe opposite each other.
blue_stripes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone else in Courtyard A?
French_115
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by blue_stripes)
Anyone else in Courtyard A?
I am!

Posted from TSR Mobile
blue_stripes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by French_115)
I am!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool, which flat are you?
sovietbear
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AmyMay789)
I'm in flat number NTE0207 so I assume that's Norfolk Terrace, Block E, Floor 2 and Room 7! Very excited to study history at UEA 😁
Hi! See you in September! I am on your floor Norfolk Terrace, block E, floor 2 room 5. Will be studying applied computing with foundation year
scrawlx101
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am!

Posted from TSR Mobile
whats the diversity like at uea?
Frostyjoe
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have been given a studio flat. I am happy with this, however, I don't know how big it is?

I haven't seen any plans, they don't show any for premier rooms. I can't work out the difference between the rooms either.

Could someone explain the difference? Maybe show me a map of the room.
Thanks.
AmyMay789
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Finally someone on my floor! Brilliant I shall see you in September 😁
French_115
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by blue_stripes)
Cool, which flat are you?
Flat 2, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
blue_stripes
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Flat 2, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Flat 3!
victoriageorge96
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, Wondering if anyone else has been allocated to victory house? Looking at this thread makes me feel like i may be the only one! haha
dyslexicvegie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
From what I remember from living in Britten House in 2011/12:
-Bin- yes
-Chair yes (not a wheely chair but mine was pretty comfy)
-Bedside table -no- if I remember rightly there was a little chest of drawers you could move next to your bed if you wanted
-wardrobe- yes
-Massive desk- yes
-light under the desk- yes

Do they let u move in ur own : wheely chair, bedsidetable, extra chest of draws etc?
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by dyslexicvegie)
Do they let u move in ur own : wheely chair, bedsidetable, extra chest of draws etc?
I think only extra electrical equipment like a kettle or mini fridge in your room isn't allowed. Do think about logistics though- there are no lifts so you have to be prepared to carry things up stairs/down again if you aren't on the ground floor.
dyslexicvegie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
I think only extra electrical equipment like a kettle or mini fridge in your room isn't allowed. Do think about logistics though- there are no lifts so you have to be prepared to carry things up stairs/down again if you aren't on the ground floor.
Thank you
IKEA trip it is then
loladam
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by dyslexicvegie)
You would be welcome to but I really don't think you would want to bring any extra furniture except maybe a chair. The rooms are big but not that big. Especially if you stay in the village.
ForeverFaith
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by scrawlx101)
question:how diverse is UEA? Like are there a good proportion of Africans,Caribbeans and ethnic minorities?
I went to UEA on their open day and although it was only one day from what I did see, the vast majority of students appeared to be White British and Asian Oriental.

It's something I am still wondering about though.
kpwxx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ForeverFaith)
I went to UEA on their open day and although it was only one day from what I did see, the vast majority of students appeared to be White British and Asian Oriental.

It's something I am still wondering about though.
Like most unis (I think) there are a higher proportion of students from the local area than far away. East Anglia itself, for the most part, doesn't have that much ethnic diversity... Mostly Caucasian British or European. Having said that there are students of different ethnicities there and, more importantly, there are a big mix of types of people interested in different things.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
loladam
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by scrawlx101)
whats the diversity like at uea?
Theres quite a bit of a community of different ethnicities. A lot of people seem to say theres mainly only white people here but its just as diverse as most unis outside of London I would say.

(Also if anyone else was wondering UEA is very diverse in terms of LGBT+ too )
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.59%
No (554)
60.95%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.46%

Watched Threads