Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Someone quote me on Sunday 3 to remind me to watch the Superbowl, wanna watch it this year.

ReputationRep:
    Gus Bradley's (Seattle Defensive Coordinator) post game interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wO_MYX_Oto0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sol1dShot)
    I know its early to start planning, but is anywhere open for a superbowl party/drink fest?
    Depends where in the country you are. Several options in London.

ReputationRep:
    What a pass Tom Brady. Incredible game from him. Offense is dominating, and defense is playing good enough. Getting more comfortable saying Pats going to the Superbowl now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSuggs)
    I'm not usually overly biased with my picks, but being a Ravens fan, I managed to call this one.
    I said Ravens 31-27 Broncos, not spot on, but close enough!
    Well, everyone who WASN"T a ravens fan picked the broncos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Authority_Song)
    What a pass Tom Brady. Incredible game from him. Offense is dominating, and defense is playing good enough. Getting more comfortable saying Pats going to the Superbowl now.
    The Patriots have another team to get by before the Super Bowl...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dgeorge)
    Well, everyone who WASN"T a ravens fan picked the broncos
    That's why I said I'm never biased with my picks. I'm happy with us being sleepers. People are already saying that the Ravens haven't got a chance against New England.

Any given Sunday! Things aren't over until the scoreboard says final!

ReputationRep:
    That's why I said I'm never biased with my picks. I'm happy with us being sleepers. People are already saying that the Ravens haven't got a chance against New England.

We haven't even won this game yet, Texans might be 3 scores down but there's still time...make that 2 scores.

Just need to not do anything stupid.

ReputationRep:

hey i believed in the Ravens!

ReputationRep:
    10 points clear in our TSR playoff Fantasy Football, looks like it might be a decent post-season for me after all

I haven't really paid attention to the NFL this year, so what is happening in regards to the Super Bowl? I know that the conference championships are at the weekend, so who do you all think are going to make it? from reading various reports it is clear that the Patriots are going to win the AFC but what about the NFC? it appears that the 49ers are favourites, personally I think it maybe the Falcons although like I said not really followed it this year and only coming back for Super Bowl

ReputationRep:
      Would definitely like to see the niners take the title. Anyone but the patriots.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Zubby77)
      10 points clear in our TSR playoff Fantasy Football, looks like it might be a decent post-season for me after all
      Long way to go yet Take note that you can't change your team after the conference championships start so whoever you have in for this round rides with you to the superbowl.

ReputationRep:
      Patriots my god are they good. Gonna be sad once our domination ends but alas all good things must come to an end...

Gronkowski as well :cry:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Zubby77)
      I haven't actually, only because I heard about it after starting the show, and apparently its not as good so I'm not too fussed. But yeah FNL is so good, and Tyra and Lyla :coma: I really do recommend The League, its probably only about 20% football but it really is hilarious.
      I'd say the film's on a par with the TV show, you should watch it. There's rumours of them making another FNL film, this time with the actors from the TV show, but I've heard the actor that plays Riggins isn't keen and neither is Coach Taylor. Tyra and Lyla are both smokin' but Lyla is the most annoying character.

I'm nearly halfway through season 2 and I'm impressed with the continuing high quality, most tv shows really dip and struggle after the first season.
      Gonna check out The League, i've only heard about it before through the comedian Jon Lajoie who's videos I've seen.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ..DT..)
      Long way to go yet Take note that you can't change your team after the conference championships start so whoever you have in for this round rides with you to the superbowl.
      Oh I didn't know, thanks for that, need to think more keenly about my team then, can't just think about who will do well this week.:hmmmm:

(Original post by CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK)
      I'd say the film's on a par with the TV show, you should watch it. There's rumours of them making another FNL film, this time with the actors from the TV show, but I've heard the actor that plays Riggins isn't keen and neither is Coach Taylor. Tyra and Lyla are both smokin' but Lyla is the most annoying character.

I'm nearly halfway through season 2 and I'm impressed with the continuing high quality, most tv shows really dip and struggle after the first season.
      Gonna check out The League, i've only heard about it before through the comedian Jon Lajoie who's videos I've seen.
      Really? Cool I'll have a look at it, the only thing is that Billy Bob Thornton is Coach Taylor -_- I'm expecting him to fall below what Kyle Chandler did tbh. I heard a few things about the film, but if Coach Taylor and Tim Riggins are missing it'll feel weird, and yeah Lyla is very irritating.

It really is very good, almost throughout, although there's slight dips. There's an episode in season four where the guy who plays Matt is just incredible, don't wanna say anymore, you'll know it when you get to it!

ReputationRep:
      The Patriots have another team to get by before the Super Bowl...
      Yeah. The Ravens could win. But I don't think they will.

(Original post by Tokyoround)
        Would definitely like to see the niners take the title. Anyone but the patriots.
        Why anyone but the Patriots? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by tehFrance)
        Why anyone but the Patriots? :holmes:
        They have the most annoying fans and, most of my friends are pats fans. I don't want my friends to be happy.

ReputationRep:
        Yep anyone but the patriots. Would love Ravens to win it for sentimental reasons eventhough I don't really have faith in Flaco and hate the amount of admirations that still get directed towards Ed Reed. 49ers would've had my backing if Jim Harbaugh had stuck with Smith.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.