vakanuvis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Username:vakanuvis
Subject:PPE
GCSE: None since I'm an overseas applicant
AS: Maths, Further Maths, History, Geography.
College: Possibly Open application
anyone_can_fly
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is there any point to this thread as opposed to the Oxford Applicants for 2012 Entry thread?
punctuation
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by vakanuvis)
Username:vakanuvis
Subject:PPE
GCSE: None since I'm an overseas applicant
AS: Maths, Further Maths, History, Geography.
College: Possibly Open application
Hooray more PPE applicants (I'm not one, but there are loads)

Proceeding to get off internet/seat and do TSA. hopefully
fluteflute
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by punctuation)

If I become a Computer Science and Philosophy applicant, then I'm a bit like the PPEists :-o
Albertine
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by anyone_can_fly)
Even if I did, my school wouldn't get round to sending it off until 14 October. They only mentioned UCAS for the first time this week. There hasn't even been a mention of PSs yet. We don't have very many Oxbridge/medicine applicants, and I think they normally just let us figure it out ourselves. Of course, in November/December we'll have nothing but UCAS talks. :colonhash:

No, and they can't see your bands either. But you can get them in your reference if you want.
edit
anyone_can_fly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, rather than do anything sensible like that, my irritation with the zillion GCSE threads has produced this:

It's obviously far too small a sample size, (and TSR may not be at all representative either), and it's just of applicants, not acceptances, but it can reassure people about not being the only ones with X A*s, and it's quite fun.

Oh, the joys of procrastination! I didn't even do GCSEs!

****! I messed up the formatting! All the numbers are one higher than they should be! No-one had 15, and the lowest is one.
anyone_can_fly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Albertine)
My school are exactly the same. I love when my teachers think they know absolutely everything about Oxbridge, when really they are just churning out the same old cliches :rolleyes:

That's good. Thanks
Seriously, our school mentioned Oxbridge once - to tell people planning to apply about an 'Oxbridge Conference' in Edinburgh. They haven't even encouraged people to consider it, or explained about the application process or anything. Meanwhile, we've had hour-long talks and prospectuses handed out from Edinburgh Napier twice. :hmpf:
medbh4805
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Seriously, our school mentioned Oxbridge once - to tell people planning to apply about an 'Oxbridge Conference' in Edinburgh. They haven't even encouraged people to consider it, or explained about the application process or anything. Meanwhile, we've had hour-long talks and prospectuses handed out from Edinburgh Napier twice. :hmpf:
Lol, there was one of those in Lisburn in April, which I missed because I slept in and missed the bus :ashamed2:
anyone_can_fly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by medbh4805)
Lol, there was one of those in Lisburn in April, which I missed because I slept in and missed the bus :ashamed2:
Don't worry, if it was the same as ours all you missed were a few repeats of information on the website and the chance to ogle private schools' uniforms. I don't think anything new was said.
Groat
Report 7 years ago
So, when are the Oxford pre-interview exams, then?
nightmare91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Oh if it just weren't so hard... I still have to do some homework and it's half 10 but I just can't get off the computer Ah damn it!!!
nightmare91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
I think they are all on November 2nd. At least the TSA and the MAT. I don't know about the others but I suppose they are all on the same date
Groat
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nightmare91)
I think they are all on November 2nd. At least the TSA and the MAT. I don't know about the others but I suppose they are all on the same date
Ah, plenty of time to prepare then! :sexface:
nightmare91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
Yea but the difficult part is to actually do something for them. Next to school work it is hard to find time for it. I usually only do something on the weekends. But in less than 5 weeks I'll have 2 weeks of vacation; that should help!
anyone_can_fly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
2 November and ssssh. :ninja:
fluteflute
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
Preparation? They're aptitude tests, there's no need to prepare....
Groat
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nightmare91)
Yea but the difficult part is to actually do something for them. Next to school work it is hard to find time for it. I usually only do something on the weekends. But in less than 5 weeks I'll have 2 weeks of vacation; that should help!
That sounds good. Would you interview here in the UK?

2 November and ssssh. :ninja:
Ah, I'm just a Cambridge applicant making you all worried, I'm sorry.

(Original post by fluteflute)
Preparation? They're aptitude tests, there's no need to prepare....
Take that attitude and you'll be beaten by those who aren't as intelligent as you, but who prepared a lot. Better to be safe than sorry!
fluteflute
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
Take that attitude and you'll be beaten by those who aren't as intelligent as you, but who prepared a lot. Better to be safe than sorry!
Ah I know. It would be foolish not to do the past papers, at the very least to get an idea of timings, and reading the answers to get the style.

I actually <3 the MAT though, it's good fun
Groat
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by fluteflute)
Ah I know. It would be foolish not to do the past papers, at the very least to get an idea of timings, and reading the answers to get the style.

I actually <3 the MAT though, it's good fun
I hear that Oxford's offer this year is A*A*A for Maths (if you're taking Further Maths!). That's crazy!

Although by looking at your signature, getting an offer will pretty much guarantee you're going there.
anyone_can_fly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
I hear that Oxford's offer this year is A*A*A for Maths (if you're taking Further Maths!). That's crazy!

Although by looking at your signature, getting an offer will pretty much guarantee you're going there.
Or if you're Scottish, AAB.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (529)
80.4%
Leave (129)
19.6%

Watched Threads