Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
JessicaW
Badges: 1
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Oh yeah. She's known. Moffat even said via Twitter that she pretended not to recognise Rory when she met him in TBB. Also in a timey wimey way, when she first met them (on our screens), she had already met them several times before.
Oh right, yeah I guess that makes sense. As Sleekchic just said, she did seem in awe of him in today's episode and she hasn't before, I wonder if that means anything.
Etoile
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Miski)
So if River has Time Lord genes and hooks up with the Doctor.

Will they breed little Time Lord babies? :confused:
Well, the doctor has a granddaughter....

(Original post by LastLordofTime)
I see some people thought, for a moment, she was The Doctor's mother. For me, I had a moment where I thought she was Susan. Or Susan's mother.
Me too! Perhaps Susan's grandmother
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
Watching Confidential now and the Cot seems more important. Alex hints at how many babies have been in the cot and who else's name is on it besides the Doctor's.
rae_
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emi_sarb)
I think all the episodes of new Doctor Who are here.
(Original post by Tasneemo)
firstly, you watched the mid season finale FIRST!? spoilers
and secondly, go on google and type BBC Dr Who, and click the first link. You can watch all the episodes there, or they're still available on BBC iPlayer, so you can watch it on there
Thank. I appreciate it .

Mid season finale? I'm always late for everything...
Kieran?
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Did we find out how Madame Kovarian got hold of Amy?
Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They have no word for pond. Same probably goes for melody.
yeah, I understood the reasoning behind the river [there are no ponds], but melody? really? the only potential reason I have is that it's bird-song and not bird-melody...
Guitara
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
On Confidential Alex Kingston just said something along the lines of: "The writing on the cot says the Doctor's name, and it only says the Doctor's name" then she says "well, how many babies have been in the cot?"

No more riddles, please!

EDIT: I type WAY too slowly for this thread... I should just go back to lurking.
mzfemalecupid
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by angelbones)
I do have to say... the Doctor's reaction to the thought of Rory and Amy having sex in the TARDIS was hilarious.
omg i knw made me laugh sooo much
it was amazing
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I liked the scene where Amy asked the Doctor if he had any kids. And the Doctor getting angry. Shame he didn't go beyond that. Then I suppose that's not him

That River was slightly weird. She was a different River to the one that makes the revelation, isn't she? She's an older River since she already knew exactly how events would play out. :holmes:
Birthday River was very camp. I think herdrink was drugged or something. Or is that what Stevie Wonder does to you?
LostInLaw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Guitara)
On Confidential Alex Kingston just said something along the lines of: "The writing on the cot says the Doctor's name, and it only says the Doctor's name" then she says "well, how many babies have been in the cot?"

No more riddles, please!
In which case I REALLY don't get how reading that would help Amy understand who she was.
Tasneemo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why did the doctor lie that he had no children? or has he not had them yet? or was he getting reallllyyy worried that he might have somehow got really drunk and 'begun' a baby with Amy?
Miski
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
His children possibly?
Remember David Tennant with Donna told her he had 2 children who died in the episode with Jenny I think it was
mzfemalecupid
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JessicaW)
Did River always know Amy and Rory were her parents? As in, when she first met them. I'm not sure if it's been hinted/we've been told.
i think river always knew they were her parents because she had dat diaries of her which had every encounter with the doctor written in so yeah she prbbly did.
Christien
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Only partway through, but that Sontaran nurse is cracking me up. 'Sontaran Children's Hospital' spinoff needs to happen.
Tasneemo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He didn't lie, did he? He just avoided the question.
this is true. damn.
I can't wait to watch dr who tomorrow morning at breakfast, and get super analytical and make some more failtheories. :rolleyes:

AGI, didyouseedidyouseedidyousee the reference to the colour red?!
??????????????????
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
At first I thought that the baby was the Doctor's before Amy revealed she was talking about Rory. AGAIN. Tricked to easily. Any significance do you think to it though? Constantly happens or is it to make us feel insecure? D:
JessicaW
Report 7 years ago
I just switched over to Lord of the Rings and swear I heard the TARDIS noise.

I liked the scene where Amy asked the Doctor if he had any kids. And the Doctor getting angry. Shame he didn't go beyond that. Then I suppose that's not him

That River was slightly weird. She was a different River to the one that makes the revelation, isn't she? She's an older River since she already knew exactly how events would play out. :holmes:
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. There's a lot to take in from this episode. So you're saying older River might be in awe of Rory because she's seen him do amazing things younger River might not have? Or she could have looked shocked if he was the man she killed etc.
Yoghurt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If anybody missed the teaser post-credits

I know you missed it.
When I first saw it I was thinking it was under water, maybe it's the dead doctor that they burnt.

Possibly the doctor that died was the real doctor and not a ganger or anything, and that the dead doctor gets resurrected...

or maybe I'm talking *******s.
mzfemalecupid
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i love the scene when the doctor goes to amy and rory 'its mine' and they both looked like wht da hll cos they thought he meant the baby was his but then he goes something like; 'the cot, its mine.'
Mr.Messy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
EPIC EPISODE.

If River is Amy's daughter.. and the girl in the space suit, who we know and believe to be River, aka Melody, why doesn't River just remember that was her in the space suitttt

Or will be someone different. Or is that why she said "of course" while aimlessly shooting at her. Or did the Doctor wipe her memory clean.

aaaaahhhhh I thought this episode would clear everything up.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads