Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparky:))
    Don't worry you tried your best and i'm sure they know that too. For me it's my teachers that I don't want to let down, and the scary thing is, is that when I walk in to pick up the grades they will probably already know them. Good Luck
    I know! I dont like it that the teachers know, but most of my teachers wont be there so not too bad for me! Good luck to you too, i hope you get the grades you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate_louise21)
    so is OCR grade boundaries out midnight tonite and AQA at 8 in the morning ?
    Yeah, they came out at those times last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzy1234)
    Seems like the most important email of our lives thus far 'eh
    Yeah!! Scariest email of our lives more like!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rturnbull94)
    9 , that's when we can go in from . I just rang Manchester and asked when accommodation is available from, she asked if I was awaiting my results, then said once, errrr if you get the offer... I'm unsure on how to take this
    Really! ? Aww I wanted to go in at 8.30 D: and ohh gosh im too scared to call them yet! Im scared they'll give away a hint that I haven't got in D':

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rturnbull94)
    9 , that's when we can go in from . I just rang Manchester and asked when accommodation is available from, she asked if I was awaiting my results, then said once, errrr if you get the offer... I'm unsure on how to take this
    And she said ONCE omfg I think that means youve got an offer!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by rm.xo)
    Yeah, it was
    I remember now! Are you confidant you've got the grades?
    In Maths and Chem I'm confident. It's Biology that worries me a little. BIOL1 has always been my weakest paper and even though I end up getting similar answers to the unoffical ms, I always somehow end up with a C in the paper, meh, so I dunno, but I felt the standard of my answers in unit 1 were very good, but it can go either way with the ums, so hopefully I got loads of ums!

ReputationRep:
    do the general emails from our firm universities at this time, mean anything? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow is horrible. This thread will just be people discussing the grade boundaries, when WJEC will not have released them :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    How did people find the BIOL2 paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatScienceGuy)
    Yeah, mine is on the 23rd of August
    Ah right. Mine is on the 20th. Good luck!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by adi19956)
    Monitor track and grade boundaries:

Use the Page Monitor extension for Chrome. You can set a time interval to monitor any changes to a page then set a custom alert to sound. I've set mine as a siren, loud. You can also monitor as many pages as you like.
    This sounds like an advert
    Just hope that UCAS don't have a feature where if you try to log in after many attempts, it kicks you out for like 10 minutes :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    Tomorrow is horrible. This thread will just be people discussing the grade boundaries, when WJEC will not have released them :unimpressed:
    I know that feel

ReputationRep:
    I know this has been asked before but grade boundaries at midnight or what time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Just hope that UCAS don't have a feature where if you try to log in after many attempts, it kicks you out for like 10 minutes :zomg:
    Omg same! Im going to be on track refreshing from like 7am!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Working again tonight 5-half 12 and then tomorrow half 5 to 10, should be taking my mind of it a little... until everyone in work reminds me EVERY hour how close it is HELP!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully i pass my exams seen as i took a risk and spent £60 on textbooks before i even have my results!

ReputationRep:
    Really wish I had something to do tomorrow other than randomly logging onto track for the sake of it and then going back to reading this thread :/

ReputationRep:
    Guys, if any of you are having trouble passing time, then visit here:

http://www.tickld.com/

It will suck up hours before you even realise it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    Guys, if any of you are having trouble passing time, then visit here:

http://www.tickld.com/

It will suck up hours before you even realise it.
    9gag is better ;P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orthrus)
    Haha, I did not expect business to be in there as well! :laugh: You got half of them, only i took Lit instead of Chemistry(I don't know what i was thinking), and couldn't fit the full Further maths course into my timetable
    aha well maths is my weakest subject (will most likely get an E) so I need to get an A in business to meet my offer
    aahhh really i hate english how you finding it? chemistrys pretty hard :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.