The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Teleporterrr.
Hi All,
Joined just for this thread lol! I had my Newman PGCE interview last week. Just wondering if there's anyone that applied there also and if you have had your interview, how long it was till you heard anything?
Stressing a little as I really want to get in!

Hi,

I applied there, my interview is on Wednesday. How was the interview process if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi friends.. M just wondering do we prepare a presentation only when we are asked to prepare over a topic or is it just we can do to show our skills or they expect one from us without them asking us to? What if we aren't told to prepare for a presentation??
Please guide..
Original post by Sara Jayne
Hi, I had mine last Tuesday. They said we could be waiting up to 2 weeks as it is a busy time with deadlines and undergrad applications, hoping it's not too long! How did yours go? :smile:

So we might hear around same time then with us both being last weeks :smile:! Oh really? They said hopefully early this week if they get it done over weekend. Wish they hadn't because I keep checking my emails every 5 mins lol! Yeh I think it went ok, I tried to be calm through my presentation and speak up during the group interviews. I'm slightly worried about the literacy paper, I think I rushed it :frown: what about yours? X
Original post by Teleporterrr.
Hi All,
Joined just for this thread lol! I had my Newman PGCE interview last week. Just wondering if there's anyone that applied there also and if you have had your interview, how long it was till you heard anything?
Stressing a little as I really want to get in!

Hey, i they said something about receiving a letter within two/three weeks :smile:
Original post by tange03
Has anyone had an interview for primary at Birmingham City Uni or Warwick Uni? Just wondering what you thought of the group task/discussion?

I had an interview at bcu, and i've just accepted the place there. The discussion was really nice, the people who observed us were lovely, just don't over power anyone/dont sit there not saying anything :smile:
Reply 5005
Original post by georgiaclaire_
I had an interview at bcu, and i've just accepted the place there. The discussion was really nice, the people who observed us were lovely, just don't over power anyone/dont sit there not saying anything :smile:

is there only one topic for the whole group or does everyone get their own statement? was the topic quite straight forward/open?
Reply 5006
Original post by znh
:console: Like others have said, try and get feedback. I'd definitely give apply 2 I go... you won't know if you don't try :hugs:.

I ended up applying through apply 2 and I've been offered an interview!
Reply 5007
Original post by MirandaKate
Don't give up. Can you get in touch with your choices to see why they rejected you? Put in the work in the next few months and see what happens in Apply 2 or even next year?

I ended up going through apply 2 and I've been given an interview which is awesome!
Reply 5008
Original post by cj10
Hey hllovt, I can't find it?!

Hmm a few have had this problem! Does this link work?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1456296141261021/

if not, add me on Facebook (Hannah Lovett, I'm wearing a red top in my profile pic) and I'll add you in :smile:
Hi, applied for Early Years courses on the 13th December, and am still awaiting a reply from Reading 5 weeks later. Anyone else had this problem? Does anyone think i should be concerned about apply 2 places going?
Thanks
Can anyone explain withdrawing to me me?

I have 2 offers and I definitely know I am going to choose one of those two.

My third one I had an interview for, I know I am not going to go there but I wanted to see a response.

I am now thinking,however, as they are taking a while to reply that they might be doing a few interviews and then deciding so it is probably fairer if I withdraw as they may reject someone if me and them are short listed or something. I'm going to wait until the end of the week but I was wondering is it safe to do so and how to accept the other offer?

Thanks!
Reply 5011
Offer from bishop grotts!! Any tips on how to decide where to go?
Reply 5012
Original post by JoshWoodbridge
Hi, applied for Early Years courses on the 13th December, and am still awaiting a reply from Reading 5 weeks later. Anyone else had this problem? Does anyone think i should be concerned about apply 2 places going?
Thanks

Random question (I've asked a few Reading applicants but thought I'd ask you too!) do you have a GCSE; a C grade or above in a language?
Reply 5013
hi has anybody got interviews for Northampton, Derby, Manchester Met or Edge Hill coming up?
Original post by sianavfc
hi has anybody got interviews for Northampton, Derby, Manchester Met or Edge Hill coming up?

I had an interview for Derby in December and have since been offered a place. It was quite a laid back interview to be honest, with a friendly atmosphere.

What have you applied for? :-)
Original post by xxstace123xx
Can anyone explain withdrawing to me me?

I have 2 offers and I definitely know I am going to choose one of those two.

My third one I had an interview for, I know I am not going to go there but I wanted to see a response.

I am now thinking,however, as they are taking a while to reply that they might be doing a few interviews and then deciding so it is probably fairer if I withdraw as they may reject someone if me and them are short listed or something. I'm going to wait until the end of the week but I was wondering is it safe to do so and how to accept the other offer?

Thanks!

You should have the option to withdraw from the place where you're yet to have an interview, as well as decline the offer that you don't want. Then you'll be able to accept the offer from the place where you do want to go. Congratulations!
Reply 5016
has anyone got an interview for a primary PGCE at St mary's ?
Reply 5017
Original post by Esmeralda4
I had an interview for Derby in December and have since been offered a place. It was quite a laid back interview to be honest, with a friendly atmosphere.

What have you applied for? :-)

Primary Education QTS, how was the interview? what did they ask so nervous
Reply 5018
Original post by hllovt
Hmm a few have had this problem! Does this link work?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1456296141261021/

if not, add me on Facebook (Hannah Lovett, I'm wearing a red top in my profile pic) and I'll add you in :smile:

Thanks, that works il request now :-)
Original post by bellylaugh
You should have the option to withdraw from the place where you're yet to have an interview, as well as decline the offer that you don't want. Then you'll be able to accept the offer from the place where you do want to go. Congratulations!

Hmm I have withdraw for the one that still says 'interview' but no options for the other two, will they come up when I've withdrawn the other one?

Latest

Trending

Trending