Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Haha I thought so :lol:

It does sound strange ... That's a umm random A* :L
    Stupid keyboard!

So much pointless homework... But I've made sure that every day, I watch a film OR watch the equivalent on iPlayer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgiecat)
    Most Enjoyable Subjects(1=favourite)

1.Biology - love the subject, great teacher. There's definitely a lot to remember, but I do really find it interesting.
    2.Geography - again, the subject interests me, and we have good teachers. Well, we have an amazing teacher for human geog, and quite a good teacher for physical geog, so it averages out :P
    3.Chemistry - I do like chemistry but so far it's all fairly basic, and I like going into a lot of depth in my subjects. We do have a really good teacher though, and I'm looking forward to going into more depth.
    4.Maths - I have absolutely nothing against maths - solving some equations is quite therapeutic when you've had a morning of practicals - I just prefer my other subjects.

Hardest Subjects(1=hardest)

These are in terms of current difficulty - maths and chemistry are easing us in gently by starting with topics we more or less covered at GCSE, so they're obviously seem quite a bit easier right now.

1. Biology - the concepts aren't too hard, it's just there's SO MUCH TO MEMORISE AND SO MANY LONG WORDS AND I FEEL LIKE I'M DROWNING HALP. No, but in all seriousness, A-level biology totally different from GCSE. A lot more enjoyable, yes, but definitely harder.
    2. Chemistry - so far, chemistry hasn't actually been too hard, it's just occasionally a bit of a struggle getting my head around things at first, and I suppose it's harder than maths and geog.
    3. Maths - at the moment we're covering topics I've already studied, whether at GCSE or in my own time, so it's not too bad yet. I've been reliably informed it gets worse though.
    4. Geography - it doesn't feel like too much of a step up from GCSE, we covered the topics (in less detail) in year 8, and it's being taught well, so overall I'm finding it easy enough.
    EXACTLY THE SAME HERE ABOUT BIOLOGY
    I mean it's really cool and all but it feels kind of like last year I was taught to swim in the shallow end with armbands and they've suddenly chucked me into the deep end and expected me to be able to swim So much detail and so much depth and it all has to be learnt - think I might die

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Stupid keyboard!

So much pointless homework... But I've made sure that every day, I watch a film OR watch the equivalent on iPlayer
    ohh that makes more sense :lol:

so is your new school a boarding school ??

and i've done all of my homework as i've got it ... i spent 3 hours on M2 yesterday :rolleyes:

My maths teacher isn't here next Wednesday so she gave us a load of work to do in the lessons we would have her next week, i did it when i got in so now i have 2 extra frees next week

ReputationRep:
    ohh that makes more sense :lol:

so is your new school a boarding school ??

and i've done all of my homework as i've got it ... i spent 3 hours on M2 yesterday :rolleyes:

My maths teacher isn't here next Wednesday so she gave us a load of work to do in the lessons we would have her next week, i did it when i got in so now i have 2 extra frees next week
    Nope!

3 hours?! Also M2 already :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    *Irrelevant comment to study* Eminem session is top :yay:

ReputationRep:
    Nope!

3 hours?! Also M2 already :holmes:
    ahh okay
    Yeah i got stuck on the MOST STUPIDEST OF FRICTION questions :'(

Yeah in Maths i'm doing M1 ( sometime after Christmas) and in FM i'm doing D1 (which i hate) FP1 and M2 all 1 hour a week every week ... so i'm sure how logical it is to learn M2 before M1 but i'll see how it goes :lol:

ReputationRep:
    ahh okay
    Yeah i got stuck on the MOST STUPIDEST OF FRICTION questions :'(

Yeah in Maths i'm doing M1 ( sometime after Christmas) and in FM i'm doing D1 (which i hate) FP1 and M2 all 1 hour a week every week ... so i'm sure how logical it is to learn M2 before M1 but i'll see how it goes :lol:
    That's so stupid... You need M1 and C2 knowledge... Even some C3 :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    That's so stupid... You need M1 and C2 knowledge... Even some C3 :lolwut:
    :facepalm: .... well this year should be fun :sigh:

although i may not sit FM this year anyway ... i may have the lessons Sit Maths bio chem and physics

then i'll drop Physics and sit FM exams next year whilst still doing the lessons :holmes: providing school will allow me (they should, they do anything for me :lol: )

ReputationRep:
    Quick question, how long do you lot reckon it would take to write 1,000 word essay?

^ I have a 1,000 word history essay to write now :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Quick question, how long do you lot reckon it would take to write 1,000 word essay?
    Depends on what... 30 minutes max I'd say for me (I think...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    It depends on what it's on, how much knowledge you have to write it and if you're going to do it in one whole block or if you're going to do bits at a time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyh77)
    EXACTLY THE SAME HERE ABOUT BIOLOGY
    I mean it's really cool and all but it feels kind of like last year I was taught to swim in the shallow end with armbands and they've suddenly chucked me into the deep end and expected me to be able to swim So much detail and so much depth and it all has to be learnt - think I might die

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You've summed it up perfectly!

ReputationRep:
    So happy I finish early today

ReputationRep:
    Long walk on my own during my double free-period. Nothing better really. 👌

Posted from TSR for iPhone

ReputationRep:
    Quadruple maths today and a full day of double maths, double physics and chemistry tomorrow.

Fun times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Quadruple maths today and a full day of double maths, double physics and chemistry tomorrow.

Fun times.
    I have Double Physics tomorrow then Physics Entrance exam :rolleyes: then double Maths :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I have Double Physics tomorrow then Physics Entrance exam :rolleyes: then double Maths :woo:
    Ouch, best of luck with the exam

ReputationRep:
    Ouch, best of luck with the exam
    Yeah it should go alright hopefully care to ask me anything on physics thread? I've listed my topics there

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it should go alright hopefully care to ask me anything on physics thread? I've listed my topics there
    I did see that, but I'm not too up to date on any of those topics, sorry

(Shameful I know! )

ReputationRep:
    I did see that, but I'm not too up to date on any of those topics, sorry

(Shameful I know! )
    Ahhh Okay what are you doing in physics? You're on AQA aren't you , so are you doing Quarks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.