Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    News from Weightmans or Shoosmiths anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingojango)
    News from Weightmans or Shoosmiths anyone?
    nothing from weightmans yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    nothing from weightmans yet!
    Think they said by the 31st on the website but just wondered. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else have a HD spring vac scheme offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone be able to offer advice on the Kirkland & Ellis AC - Either for VS/TC please!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingojango)
    Think they said by the 31st on the website but just wondered. Thank you
    just got an email saying I'm through to the 2nd stage which sounds like it involves various online tests. More details to follow next week apparently, including deadlines for completion

ReputationRep:
    Weightmans - through to stage 2 of their recruitment process, which I believe is the final stage. More details of online assessments next week - I wonder if this could sneakily include an "online interview"?

ReputationRep:
    Just received a Weightman's email too. Hope it isn't an online video interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NT2802)
    Would anyone be able to offer advice on the Kirkland & Ellis AC - Either for VS/TC please!!!
    Are Kirkland not done?

ReputationRep:
    Yep stage 2 for weightmans...

ReputationRep:
    Me too with Weightmans - just got the email. I actually hope it is a video interview because I really don't like those online tests

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MillieXYZ)
    Are Kirkland not done?
    I have an AC for an earlier start date

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NT2802)
    I have an AC for an earlier start date
    Oh that seems pretty strange - considering the small intake, guessing that market demands have forced their hand. I wonder if they'll be recruiting more than usual for 2017.

I interviewed for the vac scheme and you really need to be able to articulate why Kirkland/why US/private equity and why not MC. Need to be really on your game in terms of commercial acumen,Kirkland's place in the market and so on.

Also, don't under-estimate the lunch session where you can mingle with the lawyers/HR.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly 8 weeks to the day that I applied to Morgan Lewis and I've heard nothing :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw393)
    Has anyone heard from Taylor Vinters post-interview?
    Hi, have you heard from Taylor Vinters yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawyertobe123)
    Hi, have you heard from Taylor Vinters yet?
    Hi yes I got an offer today for vac scheme

ReputationRep:
    For anyone tracking applications... interview invite today for Arnold & Porter. Couldn't accept since their scheme conflicts with my other offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by actusreus94)
    Hi yes I got an offer today for vac scheme
    Yes I've just seen my offer too! Which office are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zooly1)
    I know - I even called to say that I had obviously failed the vid interview so would I still be eligible for the TC in the summer, but was directed to e-mail instead and never did! Phew.

Have only read chambers etc, which seems to indicate no interview, but written, oral and group tests - but no more detail - I guess prepare for everything, and ignore the chance of an interview at your peril! I'll be there on the 23rd. Gulp!
    Hi!! How did you find it? I just got the email on what we have to prepare....nervous is an understatement!

ReputationRep:
    Any news from shoosmiths yet? They're my last chance at a Vac Scheme, all my other apps have winded up unsuccessful

Guess my only chance of a TC this yr is from straight TC apps...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.