Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yesss I diddd)
    So, another big game. Arsenal play away to their big four rival.

Average cross is whipped in to the far post, and Mesut Oezil CBAs to track him. A fullback scores a header lmao. He completely just can't be bothered to even pretend like he cares.

Further on in the game, Ozil plays a nothing ball, it's cleared and Everton counter-attack and score.

Where are the Ozil Apologist Brigade? Where's qua? Where's 419? Where's Peggles, where's Pete_91, where's Zurich?

Where are the excuses? Where is the 'he needs runners in the team'? Where is 'he's still adapting to the league'?

When will you face up to the fact that your 'star' player is an unmotivated disgrace, an outright liability and effectively an opposition player whenever any semblance of pressure is put upon him?

Mesut Oezil typifies Arsenal Football Club. All nice and fancy and tippy tappy against the crap teams, but under pressure a complete embarrassing shambles. Year after year. Year after ****ing year. Disgraceful. Kmt Arsenal
    TBH it's his first match and AW seems to love playing creative CENTRAL midfielders on the wing. I still haven't recovered from the Arshavin debacle. Then Carzola then wilshere now even ozil. Sometimes AWs stubbornness is infuriating. Happy cesc didn't come as I'm sure AW would waste him him on the wing as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    tbf, we're playing our second choice LB (who sucks), third choice CB (who only started playing in that position 3 weeks ago), and debuchy (who just sucks). Not surprised that they're all over the place.
    Chambers is naturally a CB iirc
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Kind of wishing I'd watched this now rather than the BVB game (which is dreadful btw). Bit too early to write a team off performance wise before the halfway point I would think, the result might be gone but AW might be able to get a second half out of them.
    Yeah but the goal in that game :O

Calling it now, Giroud to come on and score a hat trick
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not serious, we will concede another 2.

ReputationRep:
    It's mind-boggling that a man who has almost 20 years of experience in this league, and has managed dozens and dozens of away big matches (and got his ass handed down to him in MANY of them) would decide to play Ozil on the left wing against Everton. If you're not going to play Ozil down the middle behind the striker, don't play him at all. Defensive effort and shape should be the PRIORITY away from home against the big teams - if you haven't figured that out after shipping 20 goals against the other four big teams last season, you never ****ing will.

ReputationRep:
    at least if you keep it 2-0 you could call it an improvement...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    DIM.

Ozil can be quality, but he doesn't show it enough to justify being so poor defensively.
    it's pretty funny.

but naismith doe...
    He's playing on the LW...

I'd like to see Henderson play on the wing and be as effective, it's the complete wrong position for him. Same case with Ozil.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    It's mind-boggling that a man who has almost 20 years of experience in this league, and has managed dozens and dozens of away big matches (and got his ass handed down to him in MANY of them) would decide to play Ozil on the left wing against Everton. If you're not going to play Ozil down the middle behind the striker, don't play him at all. Defensive effort and shape should be the PRIORITY away from home against the big teams - if you haven't figured that out after shipping 20 goals against the other four big teams last season, you never ****ing will.
    This sounds exactly like what Moyes did with Mata last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    Yeah but the goal in that game :O

Calling it now, Giroud to come on and score a hat trick
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not serious, we will concede another 2.
    yhyh and then he'll score another 27 this season to bring his total to 30 just like sevchenko predicted haha hehe xx :')

ReputationRep:
    Why has he taken Sanchez off. ****ing written the game off again.

ReputationRep:
    Think I'm more annoyed about this than the 3-0 because Everton haven't actually had to do anything amazing and have essentially been gifted two goals, that's absolutely criminal, we need to find the damn alarm and wake up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Also, i'm just waiting for an Arsenal fan to play the injury card.

Our defence last week included Januzaj, Young and a kid making his Premier League debut. Your lot missing Kosc/Gibbs is nothing in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't think people realise how many goals this google eyed prick Ozil has cost us. Definitely remember the 2 goals last season against Man City away were directly his fault. Liverpool away as well. Probably missed a few more. And now this. Guy is such a liability defensively. And the fact that he has this Berbatov-like I don't give a **** attitude pisses me off even more!!!
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yesss I diddd)
    yhyh and then he'll score another 27 this season to bring his total to 30 just like sevchenko predicted haha hehe xx :')
    Haha! No.

ReputationRep:
    Why did Giroud replace Alexis. This means that Ozil is staying on the wing

ReputationRep:
    Why doesn't he get on Campbell???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    He's playing on the LW...

I'd like to see Henderson play on the wing and be as effective, it's the complete wrong position for him. Same case with Ozil.
    he'd do a damn better job than Ozil.
    he wouldn't even be that bad - we sometimes play him on the right of a midfield 3 (not exactly on the wing though).

as for subs i would've taken off wilshere, put ozil behind giroud and moved sanchez to the wing
    but wenger knows best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Why has he taken Sanchez off. ****ing written the game off again.
    Because he had 0 shots on goal. Giroud 1 already.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud omfg why

ReputationRep:
    Go back to the bench Giroud!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You know you've been poor going forward when Giroud is brought on to make you more dangerous....

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.