Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-line-One.../151636920979?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Hey people,

This may come as a bit of a shock, but to help you all stop procrastinating and prepare for your exams, the Study Help Moderation team has come to the unfortunate decision that we are going to have to close year group threads. This is a decision that we have not made lightly and is something that we are doing for your best interests. The threads will be closed in a weeks time.

If you have any questions, feel free to quote me, Nirgilis, Slowbro93 or Changing Skies and we will clarify things for you.

Thanks
    You almost got me there, buddy. Almost​.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr...)
    The first one left because of the the class' behaviour and the last one left because the science department bullied her :sadnod:. A lot happened inbetween
    Oh no, that's terrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr...)
    One of the Y10 double science classes have driven 10 teachers out of our school from September :rolleyes:
    Wow, I've never heard it on that scale before. Some of my classes are really fussy when it comes to teachers - we've definitely been through a few, but not that many!

ReputationRep:
    Who is a monster at CIE English language exam. I always get High B's and Low A's. but I need the A*!!! So how do I get to the 37+ mark

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here doing the Edexcel ICT (double award) or unit 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)
    Tending to do a past paper then read over notes of where I've gone wrong, that works for sciences but harder for history and English etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I actually dont know how to revise for English either - there aren't many past papers available :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saahil0987)
    Anyone here doing the Edexcel ICT (double award) or unit 3
    Which one is that

I'm doing edexcel ict

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Why are you doing this when many people's, mine included, main source of motivation comes from seeing how hard the other people on this thread work? Also I've tried to ask for help about subjects on the Study Help boards and I've never got a response, so I prefer to ask the people I know on here... Do you propose an alternative?

Edit: just realised the date. Not funny :facepalm:
    Sorry, I couldn't resist :rofl:

(Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Nice one. I almost forgot it was today. :rolleyes:
    T'was good fun :ahee:

(Original post by dumb cabbage)
    That's cool mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by LeFeuilly)
    You almost got me there, buddy. Almost​.
    Aw, so close but yet so far.

(And if others haven't seen yet, I can confirm that it was just a mean April Fools joke - if a plan like that did go forward, I would genuinely resign in protest )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Which one is that

I'm doing edexcel ict

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Most schools seem to do the single award so, Unit 1 - Theory (Living in a digital world) and Unit 2 - CA work (Music Festival)

But our school decided it was a good idea to make us also do Unit 3 - Theory (Exploring Digital Design) and Unit 4 - CA work (Sporting World)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kai Diawara)
    Who is a monster at CIE English language exam. I always get High B's and Low A's. but I need the A*!!! So how do I get to the 37+ mark
    I do English Language CIE too. I'm not amazing at it so I probably can't help much but there are some Mr Bruff videos on YouTube for this specific exam board and exam that may help you.

Are you also doing CIE English Lit? If so, do you know where there are any past papers for it as I can't find any for the specific novel, play, and poems I'm studying, which are "I'm the King of the Castle", "An Inspector Calls" and Thomas Hardy poems.

(Original post by semise)
    I actually dont know how to revise for English either - there aren't many past papers available :/
    Me too, I can't find any English Lit past papers which is so annoying because I really need to get an A, hopefully an A* though, to study it at A Level and our mock was way back in November

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pursuedbyabear)
    Me in my chemistry C2 mock...
    Haha, it's maddening isn't it? And the thing that makes it worse is that it's usually because of silly little mistakes that you've made

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kai Diawara)
    (Original post by semise)
    What I did last year was list all of the potential ways/formats I might be asked to write in both paper two and three with their various conventions (e.g. if I were to write a letter, what should I include in it? When do I use 'yours faithfully' and 'yours sincerely'?). I eventually got myself an A*, though some credit definitely has to go to my English teacher giving us a couple of questions from past papers during class and/or for homework - it definitely helps to read through past papers to give yourself an idea as to what trends you can see in an exam. In fact, think I have a couple of past papers on my laptop right now if you would like me to send them in .jpg form to you both if you would like (I need to check first, however)

Alongside this, analyse more prose, especially since - in my year group at least - people tend to favour poetry over the aforementioned; I know I do. Bullet point any important information and try to summarise what should be concise points into as few words as possible (which also comes in handy for the summary task), too - it's the little things you alter in your exam technique that allow for you to maximise your time and overall skills in an exam setting.

Finally, try to set yourself a challenge of writing a piece of argumentative, descriptive or narrative writing based on any prompt to prepare yourself for paper three. I did a lot of writing outside of school last year, signing up for sites such as wattpad to get myself to write more. Heck, even make a blog here and update it sporadically - if not often.

Don't be disheartened if you're sitting on a B right now; I was in your position last year, seriously, and I was preparing myself for imminent disappointment during results day. But - hey presto: the practice weighed in, and hopefully the same thing will happen to you both Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    Me too, I can't find any English Lit past papers which is so annoying because I really need to get an A, hopefully an A* though, to study it at A Level and our mock was way back in November

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did my English Lit last year - got an A, but im dreading Eng Lang since it just doesnt sink in at all. Although I did manage to scrape an A in my mock (thank you insanely low grade boundaries!)
    Idk how CIE Eng Lit works since I did AQA but how did your mock go?
    I tend to usually ask my teachers to print out past papers for me to save me money and time, so have you tried that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Being ill is the worst in these holidays because you can't revise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumb cabbage)
    Being ill is the worst in these holidays because you can't revise

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lemon juice + (a teeny bit of) ginger + honey + hot water = awesome and refreshing remedy I chug these in overwhelming amounts when I'm ill.

Get better soon!

ReputationRep:
    I hate revising 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFeuilly)
    Lemon juice + (a teeny bit of) ginger + honey + hot water = awesome and refreshing remedy I chug these in overwhelming amounts when I'm ill.

Get better soon!
    Omg, thought it was just me!
    It works for colds sooooo well - when everyone else is drinking tea and I'm the casual kid with a honey pot and a lemon.... (no ginger pour moi!)
    And it tastes so good. :drool:

(felt I needed to share with you my love for this )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Omg, thought it was just me!
    It works for colds sooooo well - when everyone else is drinking tea and I'm the casual kid with a honey pot and a lemon.... (no ginger pour moi!)
    And it tastes so good. :drool:

(felt I needed to share with you my love for this )
    YAAAAS Sharing love for non-medicinal yet delicious remedies is absolutely fine haha; I thought I was the only person who drank that too :P

ReputationRep:
    GUYS HELP

i do edexcel ict and ugh im failing practical like i get Ds for practical!! i don't know how to do anything

also, does anyone do fasting feasting for english lit

ugh is hould have taken business isntead of ict

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.