Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Allen is essentially Tom Cleverley then.

ReputationRep:
    Daniel Sturridge has travelled to Madrid and will have a late fitness test. He is likely to be on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Allen is essentially Tom Cleverley then.
    Doesn't have the reasonable first touch or final third passing ability that Clev does. Early in his career Cleverley actually looked pretty decent in the final third, not too sure how it is now but anything is better than Allen.

Joe offers a modicum of control, and is 'okay' in defence. Like he'll get battered by someone running at him but he's ok in defence in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    Daniel Sturridge has travelled to Madrid and will have a late fitness test. He is likely to be on the bench.
    Would rather save him for the Chelsea game tbh. We arn't getting anything from the Madrid game otherwise just bring him on in the last 10 minutes for fitness and to give us a consolation goal

ReputationRep:
    I wish Rafa had a Balotelli instead of a David N'Gog.

N'Gog was a homosexual aswell apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    I wish Rafa had a Balotelli instead of a David N'Gog.

N'Gog was a homosexual aswell apparently.
    Are you suggesting that having a non-gay player would have benefited the team? I don't care about a player's sexual orientation, I just want to see them give 100% for LFC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mud4554r)
    Are you suggesting that having a non-gay player would have benefited the team? I don't care about a player's sexual orientation, I just want to see them give 100% for LFC
    I think he was just saying that he was a homosexual, not saying that we'd be better off without them.

OT: Didn't see the match on Saturday and I'm glad I didn't. Wouldn't want to watch us lose 1-0 to ****ing Newcastle. Getting sick and tired of this ****, there's no excuse for us losing to mid table teams. Gerrard needs to be cycled with Can in CDM imo. The extra rest would do Gerrard some good and it would mean that Can gets to play in that role more often.

Sturridge Balotelli
    Lallana Henderson Sterling
    Gerrard/Can
    Moreno Skrtl Lovren Manquillo
    Mignolet

Our best starting XI imo. Henderson would also get some much needed attacking time with a capable Can in CDM, while still being a box to box midfielder. Balotelli might start coming good once he's played with another (capable) striker.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    I think he was just saying that he was a homosexual, not saying that we'd be better off without them.

OT: Didn't see the match on Saturday and I'm glad I didn't. Wouldn't want to watch us lose 1-0 to ****ing Newcastle. Getting sick and tired of this ****, there's no excuse for us losing to mid table teams. Gerrard needs to be cycled with Can in CDM imo. The extra rest would do Gerrard some good and it would mean that Can gets to play in that role more often.

Sturridge Balotelli
    Lallana Henderson Sterling
    Gerrard/Can
    Moreno Skrtl Lovren Manquillo
    Mignolet

Our best starting XI imo. Henderson would also get some much needed attacking time with a capable Can in CDM, while still being a box to box midfielder. Balotelli might start coming good once he's played with another (capable) striker.

Thoughts?
    Personally if we decided to play Gerrard and Can then for me Henderson would have to come out of the team because it lacks goals. I would slot in Coutinho. I think Can should be a bit part player until Gerrard retires, then he should pick up the mantle.

ReputationRep:
    Personally if we decided to play Gerrard and Can then for me Henderson would have to come out of the team because it lacks goals. I would slot in Coutinho. I think Can should be a bit part player until Gerrard retires, then he should pick up the mantle.
    Fair enough, that makes sense. We have a very good midfield actually, so much so that I didn't even mention Coutinho or Markovic (Allen was left out intentionally ). Once Sturridge gets back and Balotelli starts firing in goals then I think we'll pick up where we left off last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Would rather save him for the Chelsea game tbh. We arn't getting anything from the Madrid game otherwise just bring him on in the last 10 minutes for fitness and to give us a consolation goal
    couldn't agree more.
    we aren't getting anything from the game tomorrow regardless of whether a half-fit sturridge plays or not.
    as you say, maybe give him a bit of game time towards the end if he's up for it, although let's maybe not take any risks with a player so injury form.

if he can just come back with a decent bit of form it'll lift the entire team, i'm sure of it.
    we lack everything right now - goals, creation and morale.
    not saying we'll go straight to top 4 level but he can get us looking like at least a top half team...

ReputationRep:
    I love steven gerrard, i mean i brought his boots and i got sent off when i slipped over and gave away the winning goal to the opponent, oh wait he didnt get sent off.
    Who loves demba ba we do oh demba ba we love you!!!!!!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sturridge won't play tomorrow.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Tony Barrett and Mail saying that BR is considering resting Gerrard, along with others tomorrow.

Think we have no chance against Madrid away if we were terrible at them at home, haven't improved since.

ReputationRep:
    I hope this is what we do tomorrow:

4-1-3-2

Mignolet, Manquillo, Toure, Skrtel, Johnson, Gerrard, Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana, Borini, Balotelli

I'm thinking Toure for experience
    I'm thinking Johnson at LB because Moreno doesn't look 100% fit to me
    I'm thinking 2 up front and an attacking trio rather than Hendo.

ReputationRep:
    I hope this is what we do tomorrow:

4-1-3-2

Mignolet, Manquillo, Toure, Skrtel, Johnson, Gerrard, Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana, Borini, Balotelli

I'm thinking Toure for experience
    I'm thinking Johnson at LB because Moreno doesn't look 100% fit to me
    I'm thinking 2 up front and an attacking trio rather than Hendo.
    Think Gerrard will be rested for the Chelsea game so Lucas will start ahead of him. Playing two up front is suicide, we will get overun in midfield unless we bang in goals like we did last season but we dont have SaS anymore.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Mignolet
    Moreno Skrtel Lovren Manquillo
    Henderson Can/Gerrard
    Sterling Coutinho
    Borini Balotelli
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Tony Barrett and Mail saying that BR is considering resting Gerrard, along with others tomorrow.

Think we have no chance against Madrid away if we were terrible at them at home, haven't improved since.
    if i'm honest, i'd rather us play a second string team against madrid and get thrashed if it means we'll be in better condition for the chelsea match.
    not to mention how our apparently second string team had a much better performance in the league cup against swansea than the newcastle match.

do we really see BR doing that though?
    is he the kind of guy this season to do the smart thing when it comes to team selection....?

(Original post by Obiejess)
    Mignolet
    Moreno Skrtel Lovren Manquillo
    Henderson Can/Gerrard
    Sterling Coutinho
    Borini Balotelli
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    tbh that's more like the team i'd prefer the face chelsea.

1) i'd have Johnson in at LB - Manquillo wasn't played on saturday so he's good to play tomorrow and against chelsea
    2) i'd rest Gerrard and play Can - Gerrard should have a match out; not only for fatigue but simply because i don't think he could keep up with their midfielders, and it would be a nice test for Can.
    3) Lallana over Sterling - raheem was painfully ineffective against bloody newcastle of all teams; i think he needs to sit this one out from the start, but maybe come on towards the end for impact if by some miracle we aren't more than 2 goals down.

Can/Henderson holding with Lallana/Coutinho further forward would be an interesting watch from a creation-side of things.
    Borini should definitely feature. it was a ridiculous decision by BR not to include him against newcastle after how decent he played against swansea, not to mention how obvious it is that him and Balotelli both work much better with a strike partner.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone seems to have accepted defeat already, including Rodgers himself. Which I find pathetic. If we'd had this attitude under Rafa we wouldn't have gotten anywhere near two finals.

Seeing as this is being treated as a foregone conclusion before a ball has even been kicked I'm expecting Madrid to thoroughly piss all over our bunch of ****houses.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Gerrard/Sterling to be dropped.

Mignolet
    Manquillo, Lovren, Skrtel, A. Moreno
    Can, Henderson
    Lallana, Coutinho, Borini
    Balotelli

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pn94)
    Everyone seems to have accepted defeat already, including Rodgers himself. Which I find pathetic. If we'd had this attitude under Rafa we wouldn't have gotten anywhere near two finals.

Seeing as this is being treated as a foregone conclusion before a ball has even been kicked I'm expecting Madrid to thoroughly piss all over our bunch of ****houses.
    Rafael Benitez is a proven winner that could attract world class players and beat the top managers.

Brendan Rodgers is Brendan Rodgers.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.