Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Would agree that the Emirates has a **** atmosphere for a 60000 seat stadium, that's what happens when you have a fan base of middle class fans (not a bad thing necessarily), up and coming upper middle class businessmen with the rugrats in tow whose only experience of chanting was when they were being hazed in the showers of their fee paying all boys boarding schools and club level (having been in it twice while you get free drinks and a nice experience before and after the match you feel like a massive **** the moment you start chanting or shouting encouragement at the players).
    Yeah the seats I get are usually with the middle class people. Great round Xmas tho, had some mince pies and they were so tasty, had it with Guinness. I think that's the kind of vibe that the club are trying to push, obviously they want more noise but pricing out the more vociferous fans and trying to have a more classy atmosphere is the kind of thing you'd expect Arsenal to do.

Its just completely **** it doesn't surprise me the team doesn't always perform, our home advantage is soooo much more to do with the perfect pitch than the fans.

I prefer going to watch my local league 2 side play, costs about a fifth of the price all things included and the atmosphere is great
    Yeah your pitch is amazing, I been to the Bridge and Anfield too, but Emirates is the best stadium I've been in. I prefer to see top quality stadiums, I like the atmosphere of a great stadium and tbh the Emirates is a very good stadium.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    See my posts in previous pages but this is clearly false. When Mertesacker ducked against Skrtel in the air, when he bombed forward against Monaco, when Ox gave the ball away on the halfway line, was that "dying for the man"? Can you ever imagine a Sir Alex or Jose team leaving their manager high and dry like that? They give every ounce in their body, every last bit of it and Arsenal players don't; they mope around and walk and sulk. That's not playing for the manager. He's had his time but he can't motivate the boys anymore; it is imperative he goes in summer.

They are mentally weak and if you want to blame the manager that is fine. He is not a kick the changing room down type of manager and is more the loyal type.

Anyway, large parts of this club are a ****ing joke now. And yeah if it makes me a **** fan so be it, I would not mind seeing the club fall to **** like United have to rub the Wenger out lot's faces in it. We need to fall like that to get back up again and see reality for the greater good. A club is not just about the 11 on the pitch and the manager. It is also about the fans you are around and what the club represents. E.g. You would not see me dead in a Chelsea shirt in any reincarnation because Chelsea have a largely racist fanbase.

I guess you would love to see him gone in the summer since you are a United fan. You know that we are totally not immune to a United situation. Tell me, when we fall to **** with a foreign manager, what will these Wenger out guys say? Who will they blame next? I know who. They will be just like United fans. Sack the next guy too. People think "Oh we are Arsenal , we will not fall down like United did", deluded.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...-europa-league

Arsène Wenger says Arsenal better off dropping into Europa League

ReputationRep:
    Arsene has a point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Arsene has a point.
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the seats I get are usually with the middle class people. Great round Xmas tho, had some mince pies and they were so tasty, had it with Guinness. I think that's the kind of vibe that the club are trying to push, obviously they want more noise but pricing out the more vociferous fans and trying to have a more classy atmosphere is the kind of thing you'd expect Arsenal to do.

Yeah your pitch is amazing, I been to the Bridge and Anfield too, but Emirates is the best stadium I've been in. I prefer to see top quality stadiums, I like the atmosphere of a great stadium and tbh the Emirates is a very good stadium.
    Aiming at the middle class fan makes complete financial sense, means you can charge extortionate prices on everything, tickets, food even match day programmes shirts and scarf's. But it definitely comes at the cost of atmosphere, fans our age just can't afford to go more than a few times a year which makes the occasion more memorable but also means you end up with 30000 people going to the odd name who don't know all the chants and little things that would make the atmosphere better. Pretty much the reason 90% of our chants are complete **** too.

Not going to lie, the stadium itself is beautiful, I love going past it on the train everyday to uni. If there was to ever be a world cup held here you know it would be a qf/ semi final venue only Wembley Old Trafford and the Millennium stadium (that one in Wales) can compare in terms of facilities.

ReputationRep:
    Atmosphere and Emirates should not go in the same sentence, it's tragic how poor our rich home attendees are, especially in comparison to our unbelievable away fans.

ReputationRep:
    Jenkinson should be in the England squad he's better than Walker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Atmosphere and Emirates should not go in the same sentence, it's tragic how poor our rich home attendees are, especially in comparison to our unbelievable away fans.
    Not the fans. But the atmosphere in being in such a stadium. It's a better day out than screaming at the top of your lungs at some random Ismathean league side and packed together like a bunch of jars.

ReputationRep:
    Etihad atmosphere is dry as **** bar the Manchester derby. I enjoy smaller ground atmospheres against big teams tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthetruth)
    Jenkinson should be in the England squad he's better than Walker
    so true, was gutted he missed out

ReputationRep:
    Christ. The Emirates atmosphere isn't that bad, yeah it tends to go quiet during build up play but it isn't as bad as people are making out.

I've never experienced a quieter home support than at Old Trafford. Granted they don't have alot to shout about these days but for an FA Cup Quarter final against Arsenal I thought the whole ground would be bouncing tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)

I've never experienced a quieter home support than at Old Trafford. Granted they don't have alot to shout about these days but for an FA Cup Quarter final against Arsenal I thought the whole ground would be bouncing tbh
    Yeah it was fairly quiet that day. Could hear decent noise from Stretford End though. Best atmosphere I've experienced is United vs Madrid though (was at Liverpool vs Real which was fairly awful to be honest), but I guess that's to be expected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Being perfectly honest, the types of fans you see nodding off at the Emirates are the type that would be amongst the first to join in when the fans start yelling obscenities at Wenger and the players. Yet they are perfectly quiet at other times. It is insulting that these people can get tickets and a lot of fans who would not behave like that are priced out. Sign of the times really.

Then you get the morons on Twitter who regurgitate every negative opinion the pundits have about Arsenal.

Have to say, I am feeling more and more alienated by football as time progresses. Too many foreign players, too much foreign culture on the pitch, social media, **** pundits, sacking culture. I think I will go and watch cricket primarily when all is said and done, and believe me this is a well considered decision.
    Have you got a local football league or non-league team nearby? Similarly, I've been becoming increasingly more frustrated with top level football. The diving, simulation, harassing of refs is infuriating. It's just become a game of 'who can con the ref the most'.

Football in the lower leagues is what real football is & should be. Proper gritty football, on cut up pitches with full-bloodied 50/50s that the ref lets go because the players aren't made of glass.

I'd recommend watching some lower league games, live, and getting involved with the cracking atmosphere. Leeds is & always will be my number one team, but I've also been looking to attend Conference North Division 1 side Farsley AFC's matches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    club level (having been in it twice while you get free drinks and a nice experience before and after the match you feel like a massive **** the moment you start chanting or shouting encouragement at the players).
    Been a few times myself and I couldn't agree more.

Although the food is quality, I would rather be in the main stands. ****ing joke when I got told to shut up by some Rolex wearing **** for chanting.

Most embarrassing was home vs Dortmund. Best away fan performance I've seen...and rather than try and rival them half of the 'gooners' are just sitting there recording in disbelief, mouths agape as if observing a tribal sacrifice ritual

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of class, no-one's mentioned marble halls for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Have you got a local football league or non-league team nearby? Similarly, I've been becoming increasingly more frustrated with top level football. The diving, simulation, harassing of refs is infuriating. It's just become a game of 'who can con the ref the most'.

Football in the lower leagues is what real football is & should be. Proper gritty football, on cut up pitches with full-bloodied 50/50s that the ref lets go because the players aren't made of glass.

I'd recommend watching some lower league games, live, and getting involved with the cracking atmosphere. Leeds is & always will be my number one team, but I've also been looking to attend Conference North Division 1 side Farsley AFC's matches.

I am a North Londoner born and raised until my family relocated up north because of my Dad's work.

I dislike Newcastle and Sunderland, not keen on Hartlepool either.

I like Leeds though and would not mind going to see their games. Great historical club.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Newcastle only have 13 players available...13!?! :lolwut: Due to suspension and injuries. Their bench is going to be filled with academy players then I presume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    I am a North Londoner born and raised until my family relocated up north because of my Dad's work.

I dislike Newcastle and Sunderland, not keen on Hartlepool either.

I like Leeds though and would not mind going to see their games. Great historical club.
    Difficult team to support, Leeds, in terms of ticket prices. Fulham came to Elland Road when we were in a rotten run of form, tickets cost £46 & we lost 0-1. Ticket prices were lowered for the game against Forest last Saturday to £24 (lowest I've seen in a long time!) And we got just under 31,000.

When we get a big attendance, the atmosphere is cracking. SAF described it as one of the most intimidating places to visit during our glory days.

I'd love to go to more games, but I work Saturdays & a midweek game would cost £40 Inc. parking & a brew etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Difficult team to support, Leeds, in terms of ticket prices. Fulham came to Elland Road when we were in a rotten run of form, tickets cost £46 & we lost 0-1. Ticket prices were lowered for the game against Forest last Saturday to £24 (lowest I've seen in a long time!) And we got just under 31,000.

When we get a big attendance, the atmosphere is cracking. SAF described it as one of the most intimidating places to visit during our glory days.

I'd love to go to more games, but I work Saturdays & a midweek game would cost £40 Inc. parking & a brew etc.

Yeah, you'd have to pick and choose which games to go to. Was looking at the ticket prices and pretty expensive. Thing is it is a big stadium and they can lower the prices to get more people in... but they don't.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.