Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futuremedic2096)
    Don't start at the start, do all the other parts (so then you won't have an overly long introduction and go over word count). Write out a plan and do little sections that you can tackle, then you know how much you've done v now much is left, Harvard reference as you go, not at the end my friend did it and it was awful for her, I ended up doing some of it. Make sure you have a good "discussion" as this gets high marks! Find the AO for your exam board and make sure you are meeting the criteria
    Thanks for that, ill be sure to take that in mind.
    Do you have any advice for the presentation? (This is the presentation in which you explain how you did stuff-im unsure about this as all i really have to do is a load of Internet research and then write it all up).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l1lvink)
    Thanks for that, ill be sure to take that in mind.
    Do you have any advice for the presentation? (This is the presentation in which you explain how you did stuff-im unsure about this as all i really have to do is a load of Internet research and then write it all up).
    Haven't done that yet I'm afraid :/

ReputationRep:
    Haven't done that yet I'm afraid :/
    Ok, thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l1lvink)
    Ok, thanks anyway
    I have one,
    fake questions from friends, that you've planned which seem hard to answer, then you'll know the answer, don't let on you're doing that though! There's 4 of us making such a pact aha

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible for someone just to read through my EPQ, and to tell me their thoughts on it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphire123)
    Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible for someone just to read through my EPQ, and to tell me their thoughts on it?
    If its allowed, sure i will (havent actually finished mine yet).

ReputationRep:
    has anyone here achieved an a* on their epq???

ReputationRep:
    I'll have a look, depending on topic!

ReputationRep:
    What is supposed to be in the abstract? Does it count towards my word count?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone here achieved an a* on their epq???
    I got an A* in mine. It was a maths-based one, and I produced an artefact (website).

Has anyone got any questions or anything they would like to ask me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    I got an A* in mine. It was a maths-based one, and I produced an artefact (website).

Can you do it in year 13?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLionHearted)
    Can you do it in year 13?
    I think that's up to your school/college.

I did it in year 13 in a sixth form college.

ReputationRep:

Yes! What extra stuff did you submit, and what was your logbook like?

ReputationRep:
    I think that's up to your school/college.

I did it in year 13 in a sixth form college.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes! What extra stuff did you submit, and what was your logbook like?
    I actually had the computer version of the logbook so I typed things up and I put in a LOT more than the gaps on the written one let you.

Because I did an artefact instead of an essay, there was only 1000 words minimum I had to write for my thing you have to write. So there was no upper bound on how much I could say! I went through the spec and saw what my exam board wanted to see candidates do, and I did that for every section! Like when I analysed my sources, I went through a long list of checks with them all (trustworthy, bias, useful, etc).

I got a lot of feedback while I was making my website, and made sure that I noted it down, commented on it, and acted on it (if I felt it was necessary!)

ReputationRep:
    I actually had the computer version of the logbook so I typed things up and I put in a LOT more than the gaps on the written one let you.

Because I did an artefact instead of an essay, there was only 1000 words minimum I had to write for my thing you have to write. So there was no upper bound on how much I could say! I went through the spec and saw what my exam board wanted to see candidates do, and I did that for every section! Like when I analysed my sources, I went through a long list of checks with them all (trustworthy, bias, useful, etc).

I got a lot of feedback while I was making my website, and made sure that I noted it down, commented on it, and acted on it (if I felt it was necessary!)
    The things im most worried about is the paperwork and the presentation at the end. Seeing as though you've already answered some stuff about the paperwork, do you have any advice as to how to approach the presentation and what is should be prepared for?
    Thanks
    On a purely curious note (im studying both Maths and Further Maths), is your website actually on the Internet for us to see?

ReputationRep:

I'm using the electronic logbook too

ReputationRep:
    Finished a final-ish draft a couple of weeks ago. Waiting for some feedback after the holidays finish

ReputationRep:
    Btw, i found this site which has several examples of work (grades of those pieces included) so it might be handy.
    http://blogs.thegrangeschool.net/ext...ject-examples/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Urban Ace)
    Finished a final-ish draft a couple of weeks ago. Waiting for some feedback after the holidays finish
    Same!

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.