Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm honestly predicting a complete demolition of the Ravens. Although my pick of the Packers didn't pan out, this is the simplest prediction anyone can make.

The Ravens are tired and secretly injured from playing an intense, emotional 2OT game. They will be utterly exhausted when they come here to Foxborough. Unlike past years, the Ravens' defense cannot stop the run at all. Compare that to the Patriots who are actually one of the best teams in the league against the run. It's the secondary where we have problems.

Pats will control the game like they did against the Texans and end up winning by 20 points.

In somewhat related news, I found this video from last year (though it may be older) with Belichick & Brady talking about Ed Reed.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Yep anyone put the patriots. Would love Ravens to win it for sentimental reasons eventhough I don't really have faith in Flaco and hate the amount of admirations that still get directed towards Ed Reed. 49ers would've had my backing if Jim Harbaugh had stuck with Smith.
    Bro you not been watching CK? Sky sports seem to think he's the 'next generation of quarterback'.... saywut.

ReputationRep:
    Would love to see the ravens win the superbowl!! just so Ray Lewis leaves on a massive high with another ring!!! but i see the pats doing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Yep anyone but the patriots. Would love Ravens to win it for sentimental reasons eventhough I don't really have faith in Flaco and hate the amount of admirations that still get directed towards Ed Reed. 49ers would've had my backing if Jim Harbaugh had stuck with Smith.
    Reed isn't as good as he was but I still wouldn't want him in the same postcode as my receiver, he's a straight up ballhawk

ReputationRep:
    I've had to matched bet on San Fran and NE to win the Superbowl so if the Pats win I break even, if San Fran win I get £20 profit, if either of those lose their divisional i'm up **** creek without a paddle. Thankfully I don't really think the Pats are capable of losing to the Falcons if it comes to that.

I would love to see the 49ers win, I fell in love with Kaepernick after his NFL QB rushing record performance last week.

ReputationRep:
    Funny how everyones jumped from the Rw3 to the Kaepernick bandwagon in the space of a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Funny how everyones jumped from the Rw3 to the Kaepernick bandwagon in the space of a week.
    People just love to see black men running.

Disclaimer- I'm black.

It's also true, dynamic, scrambling QBs are far more exciting to watch than a bog standard pocket passer.

ReputationRep:
    Its exciting until someone gets hurt. They will never have long careers sooner or later they will get hurt and defenses will have figured it out. People like Rodgers are brilliant to watch, mostly in the pocket but if needed athletic enough to scramble.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Its exciting until someone gets hurt. They will never have long careers sooner or later they will get hurt and defenses will have figured it out. People like Rodgers are brilliant to watch, mostly in the pocket but if needed athletic enough to scramble.

I love it when people like Brady or Manning scramble, they look so awkward.

ReputationRep:
    Like watching a cow on ice or an elephant on rollarblades . Just so darn ugly to watch haha. Brady has the most silly scramble it takes an eternity.

ReputationRep:
    Big Ben is a beast though, I would not be in a hurry to tackle him outside the pocket!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    People just love to see black men running.

Disclaimer- I'm black.

It's also true, dynamic, scrambling QBs are far more exciting to watch than a bog standard pocket passer.
    Gimmick offenses always get hurt. But I concur, watching Manning outside the pocket is jokes.

ReputationRep:
    Big Ben is a beast though, I would not be in a hurry to tackle him outside the pocket!
    nor would I, built like a brick wall.

ReputationRep:
    this is just...

ReputationRep:
    Name:  217912_485266014853425_1894823399_n.png
Views: 39
Size:  298.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    Gimmick offenses always get hurt. But I concur, watching Manning outside the pocket is jokes.
    These aren't gimmick offenses though, they're just offenses run with mobile QBs.
    The read option isn't a gimmick like the wildcat either, it's essentially just a play-action that the quarterback has the choice over depending on what he reads.

I'd say Wilson and Kaepernick are closer to Frank Tarkenton and Steve Young than they are Vick and Cunningham.

RGIII has the potential and ability to be like the former, but right now he plays like a more accurate Vick (putting himself in needless danger, you get the 1st down then you slide if you're pressured, Vick always went for extra yards and that's how you get hurt).

ReputationRep:
    I know we don't much discuss stuff that happens in College Football but have you seen the article on Manti Te'o's girlfriend on Deadspin?

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ason-is-a-hoax

It's caaaraaayzy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munn)
    These aren't gimmick offenses though, they're just offenses run with mobile QBs.
    The read option isn't a gimmick like the wildcat either, it's essentially just a play-action that the quarterback has the choice over depending on what he reads.

I'd say Wilson and Kaepernick are closer to Frank Tarkenton and Steve Young than they are Vick and Cunningham.

RGIII has the potential and ability to be like the former, but right now he plays like a more accurate Vick (putting himself in needless danger, you get the 1st down then you slide if you're pressured, Vick always went for extra yards and that's how you get hurt).
    RG3 must feel like he has something to prove though, probably why he puts himself on the line like that. Plus he lacks the experience to know when to hold back. I think he will only get better, he's a hard-working kid and seems genuine. My old coach met him a year or so ago at Baylor and had nothing but good things to say. Vick is just reckless at times, but his o-line patched with backups didn't help matters either.

(Original post by Wattsy)
    I know we don't much discuss stuff that happens in College Football but have you seen the article on Manti Te'o's girlfriend on Deadspin?

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-te...ason-is-a-hoax

It's caaaraaayzy
    Thats pretty mental if true. I was rooting for him for the Heisman (pointless hoping a LB would win I know but...)

ReputationRep:

Thats pretty mental if true. I was rooting for him for the Heisman (pointless hoping a LB would win I know but...)
    Deadspin has something of a reputation for investigative journalism within sport so I wouldn't be willing to dismiss it. I don't really follow College Ball but I couldn't really see past Jonny Football (the worst nickname in history imo) for the Heisman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Deadspin has something of a reputation for investigative journalism within sport so I wouldn't be willing to dismiss it. I don't really follow College Ball but I couldn't really see past Jonny Football (the worst nickname in history imo) for the Heisman.
    Some other sources are reporting it but they're just refering to deadspin. I know but I always tend to root for the defensive guy if he's in the running, i'm a USC fan and still supported him. Really thought Suh had a chance at winning it a few years ago but Ingram had a great season.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.