Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einstein007)
    Im very surprised because most people act like rebels behind a screen but u r acc an angel. Please don't change though. LOL
    Aww, thank you! don't worry about that, I couldn't be rebellious if I tried!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Trust me it's hard finding other Northern Irish students!
    I'm waiting on Add.Maths, French, Spanish, Geography, Irish, English.Language, DA Science with CCEA and then RE and English.Lit with AQA. Nervous for English Language because I needed an A* in the exam for an A* overall which could be borderline and then English.Lit I'd like a good result in because I worked really hard for it. :lol: I'm more confident about my other results though. How about you?
    I know isnt it!!! Then I always get confused because over in england our year 12 is their year 13 ( is that right? )
    Looks like we have a good few subjects in common Oh english never was my strong suit, but i think its probably the one im most confident in at the moment and im hoping i get a solid A, as for my other subjects im reasonably worried but they all went fairly meh, i was confident about drama for about 5 mins after the exam and then people were all like " you only wrote 10 pages?" haha. Yeah all my exams went ok EXCEPT my physics exam (dun dun dun!!!) it was terrifying, id barely revised and then coming home from my geog exam i fell asleep, woke up in a panic and tried to revise. Then during the exam i froze on questions, i wrote to the end but ppl around me had finished after the first 20 mins, did that happen to you in physics? Just me lol! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    My boyfriend is fed up of me worrying about exams...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha tell me about it... I think he wants results day to come quickly just so ill stop pestering him about it :P hehe oppss..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracey11)
    Haha tell me about it... I think he wants results day to come quickly just so ill stop pestering him about it :P hehe oppss..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here, every time I bring it up he just says 'you'll be fine!'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly648)
    I know! All the different boards is quite confusing!

For CCEA I am waiting on: English language, English literature, add maths, maths and RE

With AQA I am waiting on: biology, chemistry, physics, geography and Spanish

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what's CCEA? never heard

ReputationRep:
    I know! All the different boards is quite confusing!

For CCEA I am waiting on: English language, English literature, add maths, maths and RE

With AQA I am waiting on: biology, chemistry, physics, geography and Spanish

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I love meeting fellow Add Maths survivors!, how'd your exams go altogether then? Worried or Confident?......glass half empty or half full!?! Are you staying at school? And if you are what subjects do plan to do? And my question time is over lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meadhbh 3)
    I know isnt it!!! Then I always get confused because over in england our year 12 is their year 13 ( is that right? )
    Looks like we have a good few subjects in common Oh english never was my strong suit, but i think its probably the one im most confident in at the moment and im hoping i get a solid A, as for my other subjects im reasonably worried but they all went fairly meh, i was confident about drama for about 5 mins after the exam and then people were all like " you only wrote 10 pages?" haha. Yeah all my exams went ok EXCEPT my physics exam (dun dun dun!!!) it was terrifying, id barely revised and then coming home from my geog exam i fell asleep, woke up in a panic and tried to revise. Then during the exam i froze on questions, i wrote to the end but ppl around me had finished after the first 20 mins, did that happen to you in physics? Just me lol! :rolleyes:
    Sometimes you find people typing 'CCEA' in the search bar. Yep, we're in Year 11 in England haha!
    Oh what do we have similar?
    I enjoy English, but I don't have a good history of English exams haha, got really in to the discursive essay but I'm not so sure about the second part? Aw I liked Drama haha, sucked at it though so never took it on! How did you find Geography?
    Oh no! The Physics was a short paper, I finished after about 45 minutes but never worry haha, as long as you answered everything! Were you doing it as part of Double Award Science?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pathosL)
    what's CCEA? never heard
    seriously?
    Its an exam board, just like AQA or OCR but its only in Northern Ireland

ReputationRep:
    what's CCEA? never heard
    Only the best exam board there is!
    And Northern Irish which makes it cooler. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    oh i see, are the questions written in irish?

ReputationRep:
    oh i see, are the questions written in irish?
    Nope! Nobody would do it then. :lol:
    You can do them in Irish if you want, and I think you get 5% credit or some form of leniency.

ReputationRep:
    Nope! Nobody would do it then. :lol:
    You can do them in Irish if you want, and I think you get 5% credit or some form of leniency.
    I see

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, definitely the best there is! None of this AQA how science works and applying your knowledge questions

ReputationRep:
    Oh I love meeting fellow Add Maths survivors!, how'd your exams go altogether then? Worried or Confident?......glass half empty or half full!?! Are you staying at school? And if you are what subjects do plan to do? And my question time is over lol!
    Got to love add maths people! The exams are all a bit of a blur to me now! I'm not really a confident person, so I'm scared!! Hoping for the best but I will also prepare for the worst haha Yes I'm staying on in my school for sixth form and I am going to do biology, chemistry, maths and geography! What are your plans for after the GCSEs?

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, definitely the best there is! None of this AQA how science works and applying your knowledge questions
    Proper examinations. Plus they sometimes ask funny questions! And Northern Ireland gets top A-Level results in the UK so that must mean something!

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes you find people typing 'CCEA' in the search bar. Yep, we're in Year 11 in England haha!
    Oh what do we have similar?
    I enjoy English, but I don't have a good history of English exams haha, got really in to the discursive essay but I'm not so sure about the second part? Aw I liked Drama haha, sucked at it though so never took it on! How did you find Geography?
    Oh no! The Physics was a short paper, I finished after about 45 minutes but never worry haha, as long as you answered everything! Were you doing it as part of Double Award Science?
    We both did eng (of course lol), add maths, Spanish, geography, DA science, and R.E . Yeah I answered everything in physics but I just laughed threw the 6 mark essay question asking how the universe started ( or something like that) I remembered the right theory but after that my memory was a bit fuzzy so I just started guessing at what I thought sounded right, it could be right or wrong I never did check, and I don't want to, but I just looked over at people doing it as we'll and they weren't writing at all!!!! I was especially worried looking at my cousin once again sleeping in another exam, which very guiltily made me feel better. Geography was sort of a blur I tend to have pretty selective memory so I believe I blocked most of it out luckily, but I just about got it finished the last question severly suffered though, my result for that though should be interesting though as I believe I either did terribly well or terribly.......terrible. what about you? Was it plain sailing? or how about add maths and Spanish ?

ReputationRep:
    Got to love add maths people! The exams are all a bit of a blur to me now! I'm not really a confident person, so I'm scared!! Hoping for the best but I will also prepare for the worst haha Yes I'm staying on in my school for sixth form and I am going to do biology, chemistry, maths and geography! What are your plans for after the GCSEs?
    Oh yeah A Levels straight up, couldn't imagine not going onto uni at some point, im too immature/scared to leave yet. but I plan to do chemistry, biology, maths and theatre studies for a levels, but hey we got 3 out of 4 a levels in common! I feel we're bonding lol!, you got a job in mind with those subjects?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah A Levels straight up, couldn't imagine not going onto uni at some point, im too immature/scared to leave yet. but I plan to do chemistry, biology, maths and theatre studies for a levels, but hey we got 3 out of 4 a levels in common! I feel we're bonding lol!, you got a job in mind with those subjects?
    I know, I would rather stay in school/uni for several more years, I would be way too scared! Yes we definitely are, can't complain with 3 out of 4 a levels the same! Haha, well I suppose it's hard to say, whatever it is it will be science based! Maybe medicine (although I'm very aware of how competitive it is!) I'm very interested in something to do with chemistry too, difficult choice! what about you? Any career ideas?

ReputationRep:
    I know, I would rather stay in school/uni for several more years, I would be way too scared! Yes we definitely are, can't complain with 3 out of 4 a levels the same! Haha, well I suppose it's hard to say, whatever it is it will be science based! Maybe medicine (although I'm very aware of how competitive it is!) I'm very interested in something to do with chemistry too, difficult choice! what about you? Any career ideas?
    Omg it's like we have the same mind!!! :O lol! Some days I think I want to do medicine then others I just feel I'm way too lazy, but I do love science so ill end up somewhere but I've applied to volunteer in the health and social care trust so I can observe and get some experience and see what type of jobs I might like and if medicine would be for me at all, theatre studies is supposed to be a break from too much of the serious subjects!

ReputationRep:
    Omg it's like we have the same mind!!! :O lol! Some days I think I want to do medicine then others I just feel I'm way too lazy, but I do love science so ill end up somewhere but I've applied to volunteer in the health and social care trust so I can observe and get some experience and see what type of jobs I might like and if medicine would be for me at all, theatre studies is supposed to be a break from too much of the serious subjects!
    Yes same I have applied for voluntary work there and work shadowing at some stage! Yeah geography is supposed to be kind of a break for me too! I do different bits of voluntary and extra curricular at the moment but it all seems so competitive no matter what course you want to end up doing!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.