Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain withdrawing to me me?

    I have 2 offers and I definitely know I am going to choose one of those two.

    My third one I had an interview for, I know I am not going to go there but I wanted to see a response.

    I am now thinking,however, as they are taking a while to reply that they might be doing a few interviews and then deciding so it is probably fairer if I withdraw as they may reject someone if me and them are short listed or something. I'm going to wait until the end of the week but I was wondering is it safe to do so and how to accept the other offer?

    Thanks!
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Offer from bishop grotts!! Any tips on how to decide where to go?
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshWoodbridge)
    Hi, applied for Early Years courses on the 13th December, and am still awaiting a reply from Reading 5 weeks later. Anyone else had this problem? Does anyone think i should be concerned about apply 2 places going?
    Thanks
    Random question (I've asked a few Reading applicants but thought I'd ask you too!) do you have a GCSE; a C grade or above in a language?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    hi has anybody got interviews for Northampton, Derby, Manchester Met or Edge Hill coming up?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sianavfc)
    hi has anybody got interviews for Northampton, Derby, Manchester Met or Edge Hill coming up?
    I had an interview for Derby in December and have since been offered a place. It was quite a laid back interview to be honest, with a friendly atmosphere.

    What have you applied for? :-)
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Can anyone explain withdrawing to me me?

    I have 2 offers and I definitely know I am going to choose one of those two.

    My third one I had an interview for, I know I am not going to go there but I wanted to see a response.

    I am now thinking,however, as they are taking a while to reply that they might be doing a few interviews and then deciding so it is probably fairer if I withdraw as they may reject someone if me and them are short listed or something. I'm going to wait until the end of the week but I was wondering is it safe to do so and how to accept the other offer?

    Thanks!
    You should have the option to withdraw from the place where you're yet to have an interview, as well as decline the offer that you don't want. Then you'll be able to accept the offer from the place where you do want to go. Congratulations!
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    has anyone got an interview for a primary PGCE at St mary's ?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    I had an interview for Derby in December and have since been offered a place. It was quite a laid back interview to be honest, with a friendly atmosphere.

    What have you applied for? :-)
    Primary Education QTS, how was the interview? what did they ask so nervous
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hllovt)
    Hmm a few have had this problem! Does this link work?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1456296141261021/

    if not, add me on Facebook (Hannah Lovett, I'm wearing a red top in my profile pic) and I'll add you in
    Thanks, that works il request now :-)
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    You should have the option to withdraw from the place where you're yet to have an interview, as well as decline the offer that you don't want. Then you'll be able to accept the offer from the place where you do want to go. Congratulations!


    Hmm I have withdraw for the one that still says 'interview' but no options for the other two, will they come up when I've withdrawn the other one?
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    Anyone have an interview at Leicester Uni on the 16th of Jan? Really wanna know the outcome now!
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Anyone have an interview at newcastle or edgehill? How was the 5 min 'teaching episode'?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did! The waiting is killing me, feels like we have been waiting forever!! :-/
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Have you been waiting long!? Gudluck I have my newcastle one on thursday! Dont think il ever be well enough prepared! Dont have edgehill until Feb so hoping one goes well
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sianavfc)
    Primary Education QTS, how was the interview? what did they ask so nervous
    Ah cool, mine was for Primary PGCE. I don't know how much I can say on here but it was a pretty chilled out interview and they made you feel comfortable. I would make sure you're clued up on anything they have asked you to research and on some current issues. Just be yourself. :-)
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I had an interview in December for Cardiff Met Primary PGCE but still haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    OFFER! Birmingham University PGCE Primary
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madl24903)
    OFFER! Birmingham University PGCE Primary
    Congratulations. Same here just got the email. So happy


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Can anyone explain withdrawing to me me?

    I have 2 offers and I definitely know I am going to choose one of those two.

    My third one I had an interview for, I know I am not going to go there but I wanted to see a response.

    I am now thinking,however, as they are taking a while to reply that they might be doing a few interviews and then deciding so it is probably fairer if I withdraw as they may reject someone if me and them are short listed or something. I'm going to wait until the end of the week but I was wondering is it safe to do so and how to accept the other offer?

    Thanks!
    north tyneside won't be letting us know till next week. Said today they'd be doing the offers from your interview and the one today together.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelliemc)
    Anyone have an interview at newcastle or edgehill? How was the 5 min 'teaching episode'? í ½í¸±
    My interview for Newcastle is on Thursday, starting to get things together for my teaching episode, even though I'm struggling to understand what they're looking for!


    Posted from TSR Mobile
 
 
 
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.