Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Great chance for Wigan just now if it wasn't offside, damn.

ReputationRep:
    Meeeh feel Wigan are going to equalise...

ReputationRep:
    should have put money on the correct score at this rate lmao

ReputationRep:
    2-1 now game on :P

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

....**** mark your man ffs....wow.

ReputationRep:
    Nice comeback that
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by joey11223)

....**** mark your man ffs....wow.
    Wow didn't see that coming in the end, what a collapse for Gillingham.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Great result for Wigan - but Gillingham will be sick to the stomach. Their goalkeeper didn't help them out, of course, but to concede three from a winning position when you are hoping and searching for promotion just isn't good enough. I think they'll bottle it, to be honest, and I can't see them being a Championship side next term. They crumbled at the Ricoh earlier this season, conceding four in the first-half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Great result for Wigan - but Gillingham will be sick to the stomach. Their goalkeeper didn't help them out, of course, but to concede three from a winning position when you are hoping and searching for promotion just isn't good enough. I think they'll bottle it, to be honest, and I can't see them being a Championship side next term. They crumbled at the Ricoh earlier this season, conceding four in the first-half.
    Wigan really ought to be walking the league with the huge financial advantage they have over the rest of the division, and as Wolves showed a few years ago it usually tells in the end. Kind of spoils things as otherwise it's a pretty even contest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Coventry and Wigan top two, with Burton, Walsall, Sheffield United and Peterborough in the play-offs. I'm calling it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know enough about your injuries to comment, but you don't score anywhere near enough goals. Peterborough have almost double your tally, which is a paltry 24. In context, the teams above you (Millwall and Doncaster) have 36 and 31 respectively.
    But still we've only lost like two games recently from a good run and most our best players are out injured. Not losing hope yet there's still half a season left.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Some great potential for upsets this weekend - Wycombe against Villa, Eastleigh's meeting with Bolton, and even Oxford up against Swansea at the Kassam.

Don't hold out much hope for Scunthorpe at Chelsea, mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Silly money paid for Nick Blackman tonight, somewhere in the region of £2.5-3 million by Derby. Very glad we didn't waste our money on a decent (but not great) player whose contract was up in the summer.
    I wouldn't call it "silly money", personally. For starters, the 3 million is including add-ons, so I'd be surprised if the initial fee was anything over 2.

Secondly, we've just nabbed the league's third top scorer, who can play in any position in a front 3. If his contract wasn't up in the summer, he'd be going for a hell of a lot more. It allows us to rotate Martin, Blackman, Ince, Russell, Weimann, Bent and Camara into pretty much any combination depending on the opposition.

He's also capable of producing a bit of magic out of nothing, something we've struggled with when teams have sat in against us. Previously, we only had Ince as an "unpredictable" player but he often gets double-marked out of matches. To have him and Blackman either side of Martin can only be a good thing going forward.

ReputationRep:
    Some great potential for upsets this weekend - Wycombe against Villa, Eastleigh's meeting with Bolton, and even Oxford up against Swansea at the Kassam.

Don't hold out much hope for Scunthorpe at Chelsea, mind.
    As good as this season has been in the league it would have been nice to at least get into the 3rd round, you don't quite feel the magic as much when you're a mere spectator.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The upset will be is if we beat Wycombe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    I wouldn't call it "silly money", personally. For starters, the 3 million is including add-ons, so I'd be surprised if the initial fee was anything over 2.

Secondly, we've just nabbed the league's third top scorer, who can play in any position in a front 3. If his contract wasn't up in the summer, he'd be going for a hell of a lot more. It allows us to rotate Martin, Blackman, Ince, Russell, Weimann, Bent and Camara into pretty much any combination depending on the opposition.

He's also capable of producing a bit of magic out of nothing, something we've struggled with when teams have sat in against us. Previously, we only had Ince as an "unpredictable" player but he often gets double-marked out of matches. To have him and Blackman either side of Martin can only be a good thing going forward.
    Is the rotating 7 high class forwards some form of sick joke? I'd give up a testicle for any of the first 4 you've listed.
    Just don't see why Derby felt the need to spend 3 million on a forward that'll warm the bench.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Some great coverage of the Cup thus far - and a few great interviews in the Guardian, who have spoken to Eastleigh's manager (who bounced back from leukemia), Dagenham's captain (who has been banned TWICE for biting) and ex-Southampton star Matt Oakley (who is now with Exeter).

ReputationRep:
    We'll beat West Brom tomorrow........................ hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Is the rotating 7 high class forwards some form of sick joke? I'd give up a testicle for any of the first 4 you've listed.
    Just don't see why Derby felt the need to spend 3 million on a forward that'll warm the bench.
    Maybe I've been spoilt by our recruitment but I wouldn't call all of them high class.

Bent's past it, Weimann's painfully average on the wing and Russell is all graft and no real quality. We desperately needed at least one player to come in opposite Ince and improve us. Hopefully Blackman or the unknown quantity of Camara can do that.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.