Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by monk1324)
    Djokovic right now

http://i.imgur.com/c4jt321.png
    That is what it is, if someone like him is at the top, but closely followed by a stubborn opponent by the name of Murray.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    That is what it is, if someone like him is at the top, but closely followed by a stubborn opponent by the name of Murray.
    Que Djokovic getting all angry and bagelling everybody in Paris.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Que Djokovic getting all angry and bagelling everybody in Paris.
    No, que Victor Triocki exploding in the semi's of Wimbledon in 2015.

ReputationRep:
    Murray so close to becoming number 1 and nothing going on here lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Murray so close to becoming number 1 and nothing going on here lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Not a massive fan. Most of his fanboys don't know the season exists outside Wimbledon.

ReputationRep:
    Would be awesome if Murray could get no.1 Probably best chance now to take top spot, he better not screw this one up :p:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't expect Djokovic to lose tbh. Wonder how much pressure Murray will feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I didn't expect Djokovic to lose tbh. Wonder how much pressure Murray will feel.
    I'm not surprised at all, his game is still shaky af. He's supposed to be cutting through bros in early rounds like a hot knife knife through butter, winning like 6-2 6-3.

ReputationRep:
    Welp, RIP Nole

ReputationRep:
    Andy Murray, greatest British sportsman of all time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Andy Murray, greatest British sportsman of all time.
    Haha, only coz everyone else is ****. We will never truly know, as Milos pulled out. So once again, Andy had it eeeeaaaassyyy.

ReputationRep:
    Shows you how much Murray has come on in recent years! Huge achievement where in the last decade, tennis has been at the highest quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Shows you how much Murray has come on in recent years! Huge achievement where in the last decade, tennis has been at the highest quality.
    tbf Murray couldn't make it past number 4 when it was at highest quality, only now that it's utter s**t.

ReputationRep:
    Bitter English

ReputationRep:
    Well done to Murray, very well deserved :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    Being serious i do give Murray some respect for this. His game is effective and i respect his physicality, stamina and endurance even if i dislike the kind of percentage play that he and Djokovic have been brought up to play (and Djokovic does it better).

That said, posters above are right that it's taken the others finally collapsing for him to make it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ovo_zverit)
    Haha, only coz everyone else is ****. We will never truly know, as Milos pulled out. So once again, Andy had it eeeeaaaassyyy.
    At least he wasn't against Del Potro, pal. He's a ****ing monster at 1.98m compared to Murray's 1.9m. So shut up and stop complaining

ReputationRep:
    If Murray does wins today (and is very likely), it will mean that he won 4 tournaments: Beijing, Shanghai,Vienna and Paris without beating any top 10 players. That's 2 masters 1000 title, What a joke.Just tells you about the rest of the top 10 players.Tennis is **** these days.Some may say Murray is playing absolutely brilliant, although I don't see any difference in murray; he is playing same as he was before French open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fnt1klo)
    If Murray does wins today (and is very likely), it will mean that he won 4 tournaments: Beijing, Shanghai,Vienna and Paris without beating any top 10 players. That's 2 masters 1000 title, What a joke.Just tells you about the rest of the top 10 players.Tennis is **** these days.Some may say Murray is playing absolutely brilliant, although I don't see any difference in murray; he is playing same as he was before French open.
    Djokovic and Federer are on the way out, along side Nadal, I think. That's just from how I see their performance rates. Djokovic was knocked out in the first round of the Olympics, and he hasn't won any titles since last year.
    Nadal has had a slight improvement despite his knee though.
    Well done to Murray becoming number 1 player in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Well done to Murray but tbh Djokovic's decline after winning the French Open and Federer's injury problems this year have helped Murray a lot but you have to take advantage of these situations so fair play to Murray for finally getting to the very top. Hope he stays there for the foreseeable future.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.