Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TykeDragon)
    Any news from shoosmiths yet? They're my last chance at a Vac Scheme, all my other apps have winded up unsuccessful

Guess my only chance of a TC this yr is from straight TC apps...
    I'm in exactly the same position unfortunately! Which shoosmiths office are you waiting on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanttobelawyer)
    I'm in exactly the same position unfortunately! Which shoosmiths office are you waiting on?
    Solent! (Southampton) I don't think my chances are very high though as they only have like 8 vacancies...

ReputationRep:
    Solent! (Southampton) I don't think my chances are very high though as they only have like 8 vacancies...
    Birmingham Seeing as they only judge from the application I'm also not feeling hopeful. Hopefully it's good news for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmartin9)
    Ohh that's good then just eager to hear now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully we'll hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    Do any Eversheds applicants have a copy of the travel reimbursement form?

ReputationRep:
    Hugely surprised to get past the (strange) online interview for Bird&Bird. Any info on the 'insight and selection day' for the vacation scheme? Would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyc5060)
    Do any Eversheds applicants have a copy of the travel reimbursement form?
    I will check my computer later if you want, when did you interview if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on the easter scheme at HFW?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_floyd)
    Me too! Did the interview about 2 weeks ago, what about you?
    I did mine early March - think around the 2nd!

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting on Shoosmiths Southampton office too... how do you know they only have 8 vacancies for the VAC scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanttobelawyer)
    Birmingham Seeing as they only judge from the application I'm also not feeling hopeful. Hopefully it's good news for you!
    What are the dates of the Shoosmiths vac scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vikkis20)
    I'm still waiting on Shoosmiths Southampton office too... how do you know they only have 8 vacancies for the VAC scheme?

I think I read somewhere a breakdown of their Vac scheme vacancies.

Ten minutes later.... found it!:

http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/true-picture/380/1

I'll copy the paragraph here:

'Placements last for a week and are available in the Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Milton Keynes, Reading, Southampton and Edinburgh offices. Six or seven positions are up for grabs per office, and there are no more than three vac schemers in one location at a given time.'

Do you study Law at Uni of Southampton? If so, what year?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what kind of written exercises firms may give you during an assessment day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawyertobe123)
    Yes I've just seen my offer too! Which office are you?
    Cambridge! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by actusreus94)
    Cambridge! What about you?
    Yes, I'm Cambridge too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dc2london2014)
    Anyone else going to be doing the Clyde & Co spring vacation scheme in London?
    I am! Can't wait for it - what department did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anisaroles2323)
    does anyone know what kind of written exercises firms may give you during an assessment day?
    Often advising a client, verbal reasoning or answering an email - it depends on the firm!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazza77)
    I will check my computer later if you want, when did you interview if you don't mind me asking?
    About three weeks ago, you? And thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyc5060)
    About three weeks ago, you? And thank you!
    I had a look and couldn't find anything, the form should have been attached to our face to face interview email invitation but it wasn't on mine. I am sure if you email HR they will send you one

Have you heard anything following your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazza77)
    I had a look and couldn't find anything, the form should have been attached to our face to face interview email invitation but it wasn't on mine. I am sure if you email HR they will send you one

Have you heard anything following your interview?

Anyone heard from eversheds? This wait is excruciating!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.