Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by semise)
    I did my English Lit last year - got an A, but im dreading Eng Lang since it just doesnt sink in at all. Although I did manage to scrape an A in my mock (thank you insanely low grade boundaries!)
    Idk how CIE Eng Lit works since I did AQA but how did your mock go?
    I tend to usually ask my teachers to print out past papers for me to save me money and time, so have you tried that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree, English Language doesn't sink in much for me too! Ah that's good, well done on your A! Unfortunately with CIE the grade boundaries are really high I think a C starts at about 55%, a B starts at 68%, an A starts at 78% or 80% and an A* starts at 90% or 92%

My mock for English Lit went well, I got an A and was a few marks off an A* For English Language I got a C though (2 marks away from a B) so I'm hoping I can get a B, or even an A, in the real exam.

I might email my teacher and ask for past papers but she's disorganised and often loses emails so I'm not sure if I'll have much luck with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFeuilly)
    Lemon juice + (a teeny bit of) ginger + honey + hot water = awesome and refreshing remedy I chug these in overwhelming amounts when I'm ill.

Get better soon!
    I may have to try that, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get 94% in my grade 5 music theory! The fact that I worked so hard and that it has finally paid off has finally given me the motivation boost I needed, because I've proved to myself that I can work hard and that it does pay off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by SampleX)
    I managed to get 94% in my grade 5 music theory! The fact that I worked so hard and that it has finally paid off has finally given me the motivation boost I needed, because I've proved to myself that I can work hard and that it does pay off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yay!! Well done! :ahee::woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    >say holidays 100% revision
    >do nothing for the whole first week
    >realise how much procrastination rules my life homie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFeuilly)
    YAAAAS Sharing love for non-medicinal yet delicious remedies is absolutely fine haha; I thought I was the only person who drank that too :P
    It's awesome! I drink it even when I'm not ill.

(Original post by SampleX)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Eeeek, that's amazing! ! ! Congrats

(Original post by frostyy)
    >say holidays 100% revision
    >do nothing for the whole first week
    >realise how much procrastination rules my life homie
    This is literally me. And I'm trying so hard to get into revision mode as well. . . ._.

ReputationRep:
    Gah, thank you!

Best form of procrastination right here - putting off revising RE by revising science xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted 4A* and 6A but a B in physics I' ve literally spent two days staring at my physics unit 3 revision guide lol! Good luck everyone, my first exams English Language tuesday 5th may its so soon!

ReputationRep:
    When it comes down to revision, you regret the subjects you choose! For me it's geography

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by dumb cabbage)
    When it comes down to revision, you regret the subjects you choose! For me it's geography

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :console:

The case studies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    :console:

The case studies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't even talk about 'case studies'

ReputationRep:
    I know right. We have to completely remember 20 odd case studies and we'll only need like 3 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temigql)
    Who's really good at additional science and English literature and maths ??? Ill give you my number so we could revise together, I am really desperate for help!!!

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, I think I'm quite good at math haha
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by nox1)
    Don't even talk about 'case studies'
    Dw. I'm in Y10 and I can already sympathise with you guys. :mmm: How is revision going so far?

ReputationRep:
    guys, for the english literature paper 1 (AQA), how much cross referencing do you recommend you should do for each point?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I said to myself that i would do a subject each day.
    I've so far done nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skittles17)
    I'm predicted 4A* and 6A but a B in physics I' ve literally spent two days staring at my physics unit 3 revision guide lol! Good luck everyone, my first exams English Language tuesday 5th may its so soon!
    Argh, good luck!
    Mine's on the 12th or something: French in the morning, than Biology in the afternoon.... :afraid:

(Original post by dumb cabbage)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh geography, definitely geography...I regretted geography after the 2nd case study... guess I should have trusted my gut feeling that things wouldn't get better... :mad:

(Original post by Midnightmemories)
    I said to myself that i would do a subject each day.
    I've so far done nothing.
    It's okay, we've got time still.
    That said, I've set myself low targets for every day and have yet to complete any of them... :mad:
    Onwards to productivity! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    I agree, English Language doesn't sink in much for me too! Ah that's good, well done on your A! Unfortunately with CIE the grade boundaries are really high I think a C starts at about 55%, a B starts at 68%, an A starts at 78% or 80% and an A* starts at 90% or 92%

My mock for English Lit went well, I got an A and was a few marks off an A* For English Language I got a C though (2 marks away from a B) so I'm hoping I can get a B, or even an A, in the real exam.

I might email my teacher and ask for past papers but she's disorganised and often loses emails so I'm not sure if I'll have much luck with that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats on your mock results even with those high grade boundaries!! Eng lang is just one of those subjects but im sure you'll do fine xD

Its a shame you have a disorganised teacher but it doesnt hurt to try

What are you doing for A-levels?

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy

Anybody here done the AQA Chemistry Unit 3 paper? I'm doing it soon and is what determines whether I'm doing higher or foundation for the real exam.Soo... basically I'm super worried. If anybody's done it, could you tell me how you found it +any tips and what the main things I need to revise are?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by semise)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats on your mock results even with those high grade boundaries!! Eng lang is just one of those subjects but im sure you'll do fine xD

Its a shame you have a disorganised teacher but it doesnt hurt to try

What are you doing for A-levels?
    Thank you!

Yeah, she is a good teacher but she is quite disorganised when it comes to emails so I'll see if she responds and if not I'll ask her after the holidays

I'm doing English Lit, Psychology, Politics and Sociology for A Levels, what about you?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.