Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pn94)
    Everyone seems to have accepted defeat already, including Rodgers himself. Which I find pathetic. If we'd had this attitude under Rafa we wouldn't have gotten anywhere near two finals.

Seeing as this is being treated as a foregone conclusion before a ball has even been kicked I'm expecting Madrid to thoroughly piss all over our bunch of ****houses.
    This. Some people will argue you have to be pragmatic and accept you're not going to win this game and shouldn't jeopardise your next "more important" league games but I have always been of the opinion if there's an opportunity, you should take it. If mathematically we had no chance to progress pass the group stages I might write this game off but even then, Liverpool at the Bernabeu after so long - this means so much to some L'pool fans and these fans expect - nay, deserve a spirited performance from the team.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Rumours going round that as well as Gerrard/Sterling, Balotelli and Johnson too are rested.

ReputationRep:
    We've basically thrown the towel in before the match has even started but on the other hand our second team looked miles better in the Swansea game than our first team, they will deffo be up for this game so hopefully we will see a spirited performance regardless of the scoreline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Dont really see how Moreno and Can are misses. Moreno has been decent in an awful defence, Can has been injured.
    If you read my post you would notice what I remarked about Can.

It was Moreno's "defensive" clearance that led to the Newcastle goal btw.

(Original post by Lúcio)
    so a non-liverpool fan who regularly trolls this thread makes a fancy excel spreadsheet about our players?
    everybody better believe everything he says...
    i can see at least half a dozen errors there.

it's just a little sad spending all that time to gather the info, make a spreadsheet and for what?
    troll a TSR thread and get 0 rep?
    10/10.
    I know you are a bit loose in the head but this is a massive level up lol

ReputationRep:
    It was Johnson conceding possession in a promising attacking area that caused the goal to be conceded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    It was Johnson conceding possession in a promising attacking area that caused the goal to be conceded.
    It's always a collective effort on conceding goals with our back 4. Johnson usually starts it off :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    It's always a collective effort on conceding goals with our back 4. Johnson usually starts it off :mad:
    Starts from the top. Brendan Rodgers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    Starts from the top. Brendan Rodgers.
    Well yh but I was talking in the context of the actual play.

ReputationRep:
    Tonight, no "key" player will be rested in my opinion. It was be suicide to do that.

That being said, Madrid will still win.

#BrendanOut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    Tonight, no "key" player will be rested in my opinion. It was be suicide to do that.

That being said, Madrid will still win.

#BrendanOut
    Are you Isambard?

ReputationRep:
    You guys still think Rodgers is a tactically good manager?

Called it last season. All he knows is attacking football with no ability to vary the tactics when things aren't going his way.

Flogging Balotelli the moment he signs is hardly good man-management either...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    You guys still think Rodgers is a tactically good manager?

Called it last season. All he knows is attacking football with no ability to vary the tactics when things aren't going his way.

Flogging Balotelli the moment he signs is hardly good man-management either...
    He's a fraud and he's being found out this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brendan has no ability to change something when his systems not working. He needs to realise we're working with a completely different team this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The amount of times we said Brendan would be found out this season :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Rodgers isn't a fraud, just that without Sturridge or Suarez available he can't get bailed out. Same thing happened to Allegri when he lost Ibra and Silva and tried replacing them with Mexes and Pazzini/Balotelli. Went from 2nd place and title challenging to scraping 3rd and then got Milan out of CL places next season.

ReputationRep:
    Seasons not even over and people already calling Rodgers a fraud? LvG is a fraud and so is Wenger in that case, they are not doing a lot better themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Seasons not even over and people already calling Rodgers a fraud? LvG is a fraud and so is Wenger in that case, they are not doing a lot better themselves.
    Wengers a fraud :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    He's a fraud and he's being found out this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is van gaal also a fraud?

ReputationRep:
    Klopp is also a fraud.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    Is van gaal also a fraud?
    Too early to say. We're playing a lot better than last season, but that means **** all if we aren't getting the results. If it gets to Easter and there hasn't been an upturn in results then yeh, he probably is too. With the amount of money we spent in the summer (and probably in January) anything less than the top 3 is a failure.

For now, just remember that Pellegrini wasn't any different at the start of last season. City were a laughing stock away from the Emptyhad.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.