Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Yeah, you'd have to pick and choose which games to go to. Was looking at the ticket prices and pretty expensive. Thing is it is a big stadium and they can lower the prices to get more people in... but they don't.
    The way our owners see it is that 25,000 at price X will work out to a higher gate receipt than price Y (maths isn't brilliant so someone can work out the figures), but it's not all about that. Usually get down to Elland Road 4 or 5 times a season and if 30,000+ get in its electric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Yeah, you'd have to pick and choose which games to go to. Was looking at the ticket prices and pretty expensive. Thing is it is a big stadium and they can lower the prices to get more people in... but they don't.
    This is the argument Leeds fans have. We've averaged around a 60% full stadium this season, if they just lower the price, get a fuller stadium, better atmosphere effects the players, better performances leading to an even larger attendance. Plus you'd have the extra fans buying merchandise, food & drink & programs.

Even more annoyingly, the stadium doors don't open until an hour before kick off, so there's thousands of fans just wandering around the stadium & club shop.

ReputationRep:
    When am I going to receive an apology from the Arsenal fans who were rude to me the other night?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    When am I going to receive an apology from the Arsenal fans who were rude to me the other night?
    Do you need a cup of coco with some marshmellows too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some prawn sandwiches would be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    This is a clear example of a Wenger fan rather than an Arsenal fan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I cant differentiate between the two.

To paraphrase Louis XIV, ''L'Arsenal, c'est moi''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Some prawn sandwiches would be good.

Boohoo ur a victim

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    I cant differentiate between the two.

To paraphrase Louis XIV, ''L'Arsenal, c'est moi''
    It's funny because Sir Alex did more for United than Wenger has done for The Arsenal (taking us from an, albeit underachieving, mid-table side to arguably the 2nd biggest club in the world as opposed to Wenger who took you up maybe 2 levels at a max), yet he is not immune to criticism. Despite the laughing stock we have become he's not infallible, our fans regularly pour blame on him. Unjustifiably? I think so. But nobody is bigger than the club and it's laughable to hear people they'd support a Wenger side over Arsenal :laugh:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    WTF Fact of the Day:

John Carver can only name 13 outfield players in his squad for Newcastle's match against Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    This is the argument Leeds fans have. We've averaged around a 60% full stadium this season, if they just lower the price, get a fuller stadium, better atmosphere effects the players, better performances leading to an even larger attendance. Plus you'd have the extra fans buying merchandise, food & drink & programs.

Even more annoyingly, the stadium doors don't open until an hour before kick off, so there's thousands of fans just wandering around the stadium & club shop.
    Ive been to Elland Road actually and have to say the atmosphere was very good(although there was a high percentage of scum from what I say so swings and roundabouts). Leeds/Arsenal games back in the day at Highbury were genuinely pretty good atmospheres too from what i remember. Ian Harte scored a late free kick once against us that was extremely controversial because he took it early and then the famous 3-2 loss in 2003. You were somewhat of a bogey team for us

Leeds is probably the best city in the North all things considered although I'd probably live in Newcastle over anywhere given a choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    It's funny because Sir Alex did more for United than Wenger has done for The Arsenal (taking us from an, albeit underachieving, mid-table side to arguably the 2nd biggest club in the world as opposed to Wenger who took you up maybe 2 levels at a max), yet he is not immune to criticism. Despite the laughing stock we have become he's not infallible, our fans regularly pour blame on him. Unjustifiably? I think so. But nobody is bigger than the club and it's laughable to hear people they'd support a Wenger side over Arsenal :laugh:
    Tongue firmly in cheek. But I'd support whichever team he went to as a 2nd for sure.

Wrt SAF, he never sacrificed his own career for Utd whereas Wenger did. He's have collected La Liga and BuLi titles and perhaps a CL elsewhere had he taken some of his chances but he instead stuck around trying to find a way to get Denilson, Bendtner, Almunia, Djourou and Silvestre into the CL. Also believe AW would never leave a poisoned chalice to the new man like SAF did, horrible egomaniac that he is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    WTF Fact of the Day:

John Carver can only name 13 outfield players in his squad for Newcastle's match against Arsenal.
    I wonder what TheTrueGeordie has to say about this :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    WTF Fact of the Day:

Arsenal are 4/6 to beat Newcastle I nottice and even regardless, Arsenal have a ludicrously good record vs Newcastle. May invest...

(Original post by iamthetruth)
    I wonder what TheTrueGeordie has to say about this :lol:

Yes! He's absolutely jokes man, love how bitter he gets in his videos. Sunderland derby loss meltdowns are comedy gold tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Boohoo ur a victim

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, just heard there's a lot down there at Ashburton Grove.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Arsenal are 4/6 to beat Newcastle I nottice and even regardless, Arsenal have a ludicrously good record vs Newcastle. May invest...
    You'll be fine this weekend. I do think you need to give Sanchez a rest, but Wenger's usually quite good at squad management so I'm sure he'll do it soon. It's a shame you've got so many injuries this season. Especially for Oxlade-Chamberlain, because Townsend wouldn't have got the England nod had he been fit and raring to go without that injury at Old Trafford.

ReputationRep:
    You just know a similar 4-4 will happen at the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would love that.

Since we're always the victim.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone remind me why we didn't sign Di Maria? Combination of him Ozil and Alexis would just be :coma:. In the summer there was loads of speculation he would join Arsenal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Can someone remind me why we didn't sign Di Maria? Combination of him Ozil and Alexis would just be :coma:. In the summer there was loads of speculation he would join Arsenal?
    Don't think we were gonna get two RM cast-offs in a row. Alexis, Ozil and ADM was never possible really, besides we couldn't afford all 3 in 2 seasons.

ReputationRep:
    Di Maria went for £60m FFS, we cant afford that. Nor is he even worth that.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.