Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedus)
    I mentioned earlier in this thread about Riversong.. But only because of the green sonic screwdriver ... I think its a hint that its getting closer to the idea of Riversong, but don't think she'll be mentioned in this series as she wasn't in any of the spoiler bits.. But I do like your theory.. Could be true!

I'm glad someone remembers this episode.. But at the end of it, does the Doctor open that diary of hers? I can't remember :cool:
    Nope as it is 'Spoilers'.

She definatly mentions 'Crash of the Byzantium' though as it's her way of establishing when the Doctor is in her timeline of knowing him. Hence the other ones like 'Ascot. Have we done Ascot yet?'

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm fairly sure she does return in this series

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Nope as it is 'Spoilers'.

She definatly mentions 'Crash of the Byzantium' though as it's her way of establishing when the Doctor is in her timeline of knowing him. Hence the other ones like 'Ascot. Have we done Ascot yet?'

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm fairly sure she does return in this series
    Ascot meaning the Return of the Cybermen?? :eek:

Oh, and I do hate your spoilers :rolleyes:

Spoiler:
    Show

I just remembered, RiverSong admits that she will know the Doctor in his relative future.. So could be very soon! :yep:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Regarding River Song:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Definitive answer:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Seeing as she was featured in the "coming soon" trailer at the end of yesterday's episode more than once, I think it's safe to say she's in this series :p:

ReputationRep:
    They've said she's appearing several times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    They've said she's appearing several times.
    I preferred the space-suit to her get-up in the photos/the teaser, I'm not gonna lie...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    Regarding River Song:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Definitive answer:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Seeing as she was featured in the "coming soon" trailer at the end of yesterday's episode more than once, I think it's safe to say she's in this series :p:
    :woo: :party:

ReputationRep:
    Lets guess then. Amy Pond falls for the doctor and then River Song turns up, who we all know the Dr ends up with, she knows he real name :eek: and then Amy and Riversong start arguing or something, and it compromises some mission, and they nearly all die, but then become friends and fix the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Lets guess then. Amy Pond falls for the doctor and then River Song turns up, who we all know the Dr ends up with, she knows he real name :eek: and then Amy and Riversong start arguing or something, and it compromises some mission, and they nearly all die, but then become friends and fix the world.
    Or by looking at the coming soon preview, perhaps RS goes with the doctor similar to Jack did before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Or by looking at the coming soon preview, perhaps RS goes with the doctor similar to Jack did before
    Makes sense for it to go this way, especially with her having known him (presumably solely this incarnation.)

However surely when River saw him not as the Doctor she knew, either he'd know everything she'd done with him or knew nothing :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel Brusnahan)
    Between 2013-2019 believe it or not. The Doctor misses another two years at the end, remember? :gah:
    I think you'll find its set in either 2010 or 2011. I'd go for 2010. If you watch the episode again, when Amelia is talking to "Santa" you can hear the TARDIS materialising. My guess is the section before the opening titles was set in 2009/2010 (whenever TEOT ends) and then cuts to the past. Amy is supposed to be 20 so that would put her birth year at roughly 1990, if we go with 2010. (that explains Rory's badge saying issused 1990, maybe was meant to be his birth year??)

As Amelia was 6 or 7 during Fish Custard that puts that time at 1996 - 1997. Add 12 years and you have 2008 - 2009. Add two years for the Doctor breaking in the TARDIS, and we have 2010-2011. Which fits in with the previous series's being 1 year ahead of us.

:woo: :eek3: :woo:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also with River Song, it seems she might go with him for a little while..... At least that's what it seems the coming soon trailer shows. It had her in both a space station and then going outside an airlock (??) towards the TARDIS and the Doctor. Then she (or someone that looks like her) is with the Doctor and Amy at Stone Henge.... As it is rumoured to be a two parter, maybe part 1 is on a space station and part 2 on Earth. Im also thinking it would be with the Weeping Angels. Why else go to STONE Henge??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoktaUH)
    Makes sense for it to go this way, especially with her having known him (presumably solely this incarnation.)

However surely when River saw him not as the Doctor she knew, either he'd know everything she'd done with him or knew nothing :confused:
    If I remember correctly, in Silence in the Library she knew about regeneration. Since the Doctor tends to be not great about sharing that particular trick with people until it's actually happening, I'm led to think that the idea is she knows him over a few bodies. Sort of a cross between Jack and the Brigadier - travels with him sometimes, stays in her own timeline at others. I'm still not convinced it will be a romantic relationship.

There was that line when she first sees him in the Library, too - "last time I saw you, you turned up on my doorstep and took me to see..." And there was something about chimes, or singing pillars, can't remember exactly. Which suggests they do tend to drop in and out of each others lives.

I don't know. Just a theroy. :o:

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if they remember that the doctor has to end up giving River Song a blue sonic screwdriver, not a green one (I think).

ReputationRep:
    I thought her screwdriver was red?

ReputationRep:
    My bad I was trying to remember but just thought it wasn't green.

ReputationRep:
    Surely you can buy one from somewhere, considering that woman making the Oodipoo (or whatever in Season 4) had one too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    I'd much prefer this to happen: :gfight: & Amy winning of course! :love:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind a Doctor-companion love story as long as she seduced him like this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    I wouldn't mind a Doctor-companion love story as long as she seduced him like this...
    WOW! She looks peng :sexface: :love:

Something to LOL at

ReputationRep:
    WOW. Still...she's no Elizabeth Sladen in her prime :sexface:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I thought her screwdriver was red?
    I think it was blue but had "a red setting" :holmes: but I may be wrong

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.