Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i would kill myself if they gave me a premium room.....after my parents kill me...no way can i afford that

i dont have any grant for maintenance...alll relying on parents....my mum was just like in your situation id want a single ensuite....and there were only 5 halls that had them when i applied

but basically everything they pay for me is like a loan just from them...since theyre gonna struggle too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostphotobooth)
    I get a grant, loan and bursary (which IC haven't contacted me about yet.hmmmm) but I still wanted the cheapest :p:

More money for year two :woo:

And CCJ, a twin room isn't that bad, considering you have an en suite. You might get someone who you get on with like a house on fire! Be open minded
    Don't you get the bursary in the 2nd yr?

(Original post by Fi0na.)
    I haven't even heard from Student Finance about my grant yet.. :eek3:
    :eek3: but everyone seems to be screwed on that front

sort of glad I only get basic loan now, though even that required much shouting at them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jardi)
    I haven't even heard about my loan
    I have my fee and loan so far. Good luck with yours!!

ReputationRep:
    o **** got my email

ReputationRep:
    got orient guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottish_gurl)
    got orient guys
    :console: was it one of your 5?

ReputationRep:
    ye....but wanted to be close

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Look just saying it could be worse.

Plus I doubt the person you will be with will be a crook
    Thats the problem when your moving in with a random stranger, you don't know what they're like. Could be a theif, could be anything.

(Original post by 98QEHS)
    Buy a safe? Get a lock for your computer? Lock stuff in your kitchen cupboard (this doesn't actually work in Beit, my key opened about half of all cupboards in my kitchen).

Don't bring anything valuable, if you do, keep it with you or bolt it to the floor :p:
    Great, I was planning on having a carefree time, not having to bring my laptop with me everytime I go to the gym. When you lock your room to go out that should be the end of it, you shouldn't have to have anymore doubts in your mind whether your stuff is getting stolen or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottish_gurl)
    got orient guys
    Oh thats just unlucky...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fixesin)
    Oh thats just unlucky...
    where did you get again?

ReputationRep:
    Got a single standard in Pembridge... WTF? O_O Anyone wanna swap? I wanted one that was way more expensive (Southside or Eastside ideally) and an en suite at that!

(Original post by crazylemon)
    Don't you get the bursary in the 2nd yr?

but everyone seems to be screwed on that front

sort of glad I only get basic loan now, though even that required much shouting at them
    I get less bursary in the second year as my mum's earnt more this year (damn those bonuses haha).

I need to phone SFE about my loans actually. on the form, it said I had applied for them (checked this online) but apparently, when they open the file on their computers, it says I haven't applied!! So I sent off loads of forms (like five in different envelopes so they can't say they haven't received it!!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCJ)
    Great, I was planning on having a carefree time, not having to bring my laptop with me everytime I go to the gym. When you lock your room to go out that should be the end of it, you shouldn't have to have anymore doubts in your mind whether your stuff is getting stolen or not.
    Kensington Lock: http://www.ebuyer.com/search?q=kensington+lock&x=0&y=0

I meant carry your other more portable, unlockable things like phone/camera.

ReputationRep:
    not too fussed someone who applied to the exact the same halls as me got a single standard at pembridge

edit: he just said above lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to send off my parents proof today. On the grand scale of things, how screwed am I for SF? :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCJ)
    Thats the problem when your moving in with a random stranger, you don't know what they're like. Could be a theif, could be anything.
    Hey, I really want to say that it'll be okay, but I'd guess I'd just be being hypocritical...

Anyway I don't think it's theft that is the problem it's remembering to lock your computer or shut it down if you leave it which is the main thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    En-suiite single at Orient House ! Am so happy =)

ReputationRep:
    I get less bursary in the second year as my mum's earnt more this year (damn those bonuses haha).

I need to phone SFE about my loans actually. on the form, it said I had applied for them (checked this online) but apparently, when they open the file on their computers, it says I haven't applied!! So I sent off loads of forms (like five in different envelopes so they can't say they haven't received it!!).
    Make her give you the bonuses simples :p:

Thats is wierd :erm: I had that I had applied but didn't want anything. 8 weeks later it was sorted eventually.
    But I did it in april before it got REALLY bad

(Original post by jayshah31)
    I'm about to send off my parents proof today. On the grand scale of things, how screwed am I for SF?
    Very. I sent mine off in April and they said the earliest I'll get anything is a month (at earliest!!) into term :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Very. I sent mine off in April and they said the earliest I'll get anything is a month (at earliest!!) into term :mad:
    :facepalm: So I assume you have to pay the £3k fees and whatever accom. costs out of your own/parents money then you'll be repaid that?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 26, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.