Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society III watch

Announcements

(Original post by The Stig)
    You all heard about the PlayStation phone? Looks impressive:

http://gizmodo.com/5728237/the-clear...ystation-phone
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...-in-china.html
    http://www.play.tm/news/32711/playst...-specs-emerge/

Not something I'd be interesting in to be fair, I'm not a serious portable gaming type, I'm happy with my iPhone... however it should certainly up the bar in the gaming sector of phones.
    I can't see it taking off tbh. It will probably mirror the PSP Go in terms of success. What makes the iPhone an attractive platform for mobile gaming is: it's a good looking device as opposed to an ugly bulky device, its controls are solely focussed on the touch screen and the pricing of apps and games.

I can't see Sony charging £0.49 or £0.99 for games. It's not even clear whether it is capable of playing UMDs, PSP games or PS1 emulation.

Looking forward to the PSP2 though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    I hate to derail the thread again, but...

Where did you get the deal? I'm looking for a holiday this summer.
    Used a guide on money saving expert by the main bloke and then ended up getting it from first choice

ReputationRep:
    anyone here got flower?

thinking about buying it but i'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    anyone here got flower?

:yes: Definitely worth getting. It's very 'different' and some people may be reluctant to classify it as a true 'game', but it's not expensive and I think everyone with a PS3 should experience it!

(Original post by rugbyladosc)
    anyone here got flower?

If you like a game to relax with and play casually, it's the one to go with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    If you like a game to relax with and play casually, it's the one to go with.
    worth it? ive been playing too much black ops lately..

(Original post by Illusionary)
    :yes: Definitely worth getting. It's very 'different' and some people may be reluctant to classify it as a true 'game', but it's not expensive and I think everyone with a PS3 should experience it!
    yeah it is 6.59 or something. i've just downloaded the demo

ReputationRep:
    What is it about eBay that makes people buy things (in this case, PS3 games) for more than they cost at more 'traditional' stores - even for "Buy It Now" items? :hmmmm2:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    Used a guide on money saving expert by the main bloke and then ended up getting it from first choice
    Why did you message me on PSN? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    What is it about eBay that makes people buy things (in this case, PS3 games) for more than they cost at more 'traditional' stores - even for "Buy It Now" items? :hmmmm2:
    Bizarre isn't it. I've made an absolute killing on games I finished on ebay

ReputationRep:
    everyone you have to buy risk on psn its amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Bizarre isn't it. I've made an absolute killing on games I finished on ebay
    Oh, I'm certainly not complaining! :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Tbf, not everyone knows about HUKD and MSE. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    PSN and clan tag? I'd like to see if I recall your username and clan tag.

At least you didn't give up after 500pts!
    Search for my PSN which is the same as the username I use on this site

Tbh I can't remember much about how many points I had and so on (so I might be wrong saying 9K) but I did love the platform they used for competitive gaming, it was by far one of the best I'd seen. It just made it so easy...shame about the game as a whole though. I'm definitely holding out for something special in the 3rd one :yep: Not played the beta yet tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Tbf, not everyone knows about HUKD and MSE. :mmm:
    a lot of people rely on ignorance when it comes to eBay to sell items I'm defo one of them! A couple of years back one of my mates used to sell those speed up your pc programmes on eBay...made a right killing on it an all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Search for my PSN which is the same as the username I use on this site

Tbh I can't remember much about how many points I had and so on (so I might be wrong saying 9K) but I did love the platform they used for competitive gaming, it was by far one of the best I'd seen. It just made it so easy...shame about the game as a whole though. I'm definitely holding out for something special in the 3rd one :yep: Not played the beta yet tho
    http://www.killzone.com/kz/mykillzon...user_id=bigmo7

I'm not sure why you quit... you looked like you were doing good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    http://www.killzone.com/kz/mykillzon...user_id=bigmo7

I'm not sure why you quit... you looked like you were doing good.
    I think it was cos I was so used to CoD that it was easier to go back to it, also as weird as it sounds I prefer playing with my friends more so than the game that we play so if it meant playing a different game but we got to be on the same side then I'd much rather do that. I hate playing by myself...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I think it was cos I was so used to CoD that it was easier to go back to it, also as weird as it sounds I prefer playing with my friends more so than the game that we play so if it meant playing a different game but we got to be on the same side then I'd much rather do that. I hate playing by myself...
    PlaÝing as a team ftw!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.killzone.com/kz/mykillzon...id=Bilkos_lces

I wasn't so far off Bigmo. Kinda got boring tbh and moved on when I got plat. Looking forward to KZ3 though.

Has anyone played the Beta?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Anyone else having a problem with PSN today?
    I can log in, but when I try to play a multiplayer game I'm logged out and can only log back in once I quit the game.
    I can access the internet fine though.
    I've heard a rumour that there's maintenance going on when this sort of thing happens but I can't find anything official which would confirm/refute that.

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Anyone else having a problem with PSN today?
    I can log in, but when I try to play a multiplayer game I'm logged out and can only log back in once I quit the game.
    I can access the internet fine though.
    I've heard a rumour that there's maintenance going on when this sort of thing happens but I can't find anything official which would confirm/refute that.

Anyone?
    I can't find anything on a maintenance atm but the PSN servers are up according to Playstation website and I've not had any problems...

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.