Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    GTFO.
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    Get out.
    Sorry, but eventhough 9gag is American and Tickld is English. 9gag is a whole lot funnier :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevsamuel)
    Sorry, but eventhough 9gag is American and Tickld is English. 9gag is a whole lot funnier :P
    Come on, they're both pretty bad. Just moronic 'memes' stolen from reddit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    Come on, they're both pretty bad. Just moronic 'memes' stolen from reddit.
    True.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessie7003)
    I told them accomodation is around 4 grand and they all stopped laughing!
    Haha, I can imagine. Well, if they're offering...

ReputationRep:
    Umm... As if the waiting for results isn't bad enough, I just got called by my college and told that my local radio station wanted someone to interview and open their results live on air at 7.20 on results day. My college suggested me and were like 'this will be great publicity for us, please do it!' And I was thinking, but what if its bad?? Then I'll be sooooo embarrassed in front of all the people listening! So, on the plus side, my college said if I agreed to do it then they will call tomorrow and tell me if its 'good' or 'bad' news. And if its bad, then I don't have to do the interview.

I'm not sure if knowing its 'good' or 'bad' early, but then having to do an interview live on radio is better or worse than just opening the envelope quietly by myself on results day and then running away.... :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neena)
    I read this online also! Apparently all emails will be sent automatically at 8.10am and will tell you if you have been accepted or if you have been entered into clearing! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where did you hear about them being sent at 8:10 am ??

ReputationRep:
    4chan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolf-pack)
    I thought Exeter was good? You sometimes need A*AA to get in for history
    Just because a university is in clearing doesn't mean that its bad, perhaps some people just could not achieve such grades. I'm sure its good, I'm just not considering applying - perhaps for English though. Also perhaps its just small rather than deserted. I worded it wrong sorry

ReputationRep:
    Yay for having a flight tomorrow so I can think about something else :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecawthorn)
    Erm I dunno, thought about it but dunno if I'm going, what do you wanna do?
    Oh I just assumed because they all looked essay based I would like to do History, but I think I will take a gap year after my A levels to get more experience to put on my personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamsherlocked)
    Where did you hear about them being sent at 8:10 am ??

(Original post by Huntx)
    4chan
    I see .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Can I have the website for edexcel grade boundaries. Don't think I have the right one.
    Monitor track and grade boundaries:

Use the Page Monitor extension for Chrome. You can set a time interval to monitor any changes to a page then set a custom alert to sound. I've set mine as a siren, loud. You can also monitor as many pages as you like.
    This sounds like an advert

Grade boundary pages that you can monitor:
    AQA, AQA 2 (unlikely to register)
    EDEXCEL, EDEXCEL 2
    OCR, OCR 2
    EDIT: CCEA (I don't know if these come out at the same time as the others')

(Original post by James A)
    Just hope that UCAS don't have a feature where if you try to log in after many attempts, it kicks you out for like 10 minutes :zomg:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    But track will logg you out after 15 minutes?
    Track kicks you out for inactivity doesn't it? Because Page Monitor updates the page it should prevent track from logging you out. However, I have no idea, I'm applying this year. Try it?

ReputationRep:
    Seniors at our colleges will be looking at our results tomorrow.Bad thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunny96)
    Apparently the OCR and Edexcel ones come out after midnight today, and the AQA ones come out tomorrow morning
    Thanks, that bodes well for me, all my exams are on Edexcel and OCR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoodForThought)
    Umm... As if the waiting for results isn't bad enough, I just got called by my college and told that my local radio station wanted someone to interview and open their results live on air at 7.20 on results day. My college suggested me and were like 'this will be great publicity for us, please do it!' And I was thinking, but what if its bad?? Then I'll be sooooo embarrassed in front of all the people listening! So, on the plus side, my college said if I agreed to do it then they will call tomorrow and tell me if its 'good' or 'bad' news. And if its bad, then I don't have to do the interview.

I'm not sure if knowing its 'good' or 'bad' early, but then having to do an interview live on radio is better or worse than just opening the envelope quietly by myself on results day and then running away.... :afraid:
    I'd laugh if I got bad grades on live radio/tv.

ReputationRep:
    I apologise if someone has already asked/answered this but does anyone know what time STEP results are posted?

ReputationRep:
    When will edexcel grade boundaries be out?? Today midnight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burnzi)
    I apologise if someone has already asked/answered this but does anyone know what time STEP results are posted?
    You apologised, and people haven't asked that question.

Yet all the ****ers ask the same one repeatedly and don't apologise :mad:

Should be midnight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huntx)
    When will edexcel grade boundaries be out?? Today midnight?
    This question has been asked soooooo many times..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neena)
    Really! ? Aww I wanted to go in at 8.30 D: and ohh gosh im too scared to call them yet! Im scared they'll give away a hint that I haven't got in D':

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know, I really don't know how to take it :/, she told me how I'd get an email, then there'd be a link half way down the page, click on it, put down deposit, room is mine...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.