Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickpatel89)
    i applied for both econ history, and econ history with econ.

i think the program you have applied for is predominantly assesed by the economics department.

i wonder if the econ department also assess econ hist with econ applicants considering econ is a minor, as opposed to you who will be majoring in it.

if you do not mind me asking, how in your ps did you link the two fields together?
    hey, thanks for your message. so you are saying the economics department would be the one reviewing the econ and econ history applications? but I thought econ and econ history is in the econ history department! that's what it says on the website. is this just your speculation or have your learnt this info from a credible source? I don't quite remember all the content in my ps since I wrote it a while back. I basically read loads of econ history and econ books such as the ascent of money (of course) and how markets fail, and linked content and ideas together as well as reading from other sources. also tried to make an even split in terms of content between the different fields because its econ history AND econ. how did you do yours? and how far in the process are you in? good luck by the way. hope miracles happen tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)
    I bet £50 I don't hear back tomorrow, or next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the last time someone said this on this forum, the exact opposite thing happened, so i'll also say i am betting £50 i don't hear back tomorrow, or next week. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Rohhhh! LSE is just taking too much time to reply for Econ with Stats !!! What's up with them ?! Don't know how you feel but my impatience is driving me crazy haha !!

ReputationRep:
    I also jumped to my feet from that UCAS newsletter thinking it was a status update ! Did anyone do that or am I alone haha

ReputationRep:
    would you guys say getting the 'strongest in your cohort' email is not really a good thing due to them delaying the decision of your application? Some have got offers without getting this email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ida3388)
    the last time someone said this on this forum, the exact opposite thing happened, so i'll also say i am betting £50 i don't hear back tomorrow, or next week. good luck!
    Pahaha, the levels we have stooped to on this thread, crazyyyy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arminb)
    Best thing is to wait and see.Only 18% of history applicants will receive and offer and there is possibility that it will be a rejection but if they were going to reject you they would have done that by now. Tell me as soon as you receive a decision because I am also kind of anxious about you:cool:-seriously.
    Crap man I've already had one rejection, not sure how I'd take a second :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredjones2)
    I also jumped to my feet from that UCAS newsletter thinking it was a status update ! Did anyone do that or am I alone haha
    http://www.textoverit.com/ecardsmeme...3z44rg8d4q.jpg

ReputationRep:
    hey, thanks for your message. so you are saying the economics department would be the one reviewing the econ and econ history applications? but I thought econ and econ history is in the econ history department! that's what it says on the website. is this just your speculation or have your learnt this info from a credible source? I don't quite remember all the content in my ps since I wrote it a while back. I basically read loads of econ history and econ books such as the ascent of money (of course) and how markets fail, and linked content and ideas together as well as reading from other sources. also tried to make an even split in terms of content between the different fields because its econ history AND econ. how did you do yours? and how far in the process are you in? good luck by the way. hope miracles happen tomorrow.
    hey, what i can say for a fact 100% is that for econ and econ hist approval will be needed from both departments, because for econ and econ hist you do a decent number of modules from the economics department. What i don't know and would like to find out is, does the economic department have a say if that is the subject you will be minoring in?
    I have a feeling though that only the econ and.. program is considered by both departments

To be honest i think the reason it is run by the econ history department is probably partly administrative, because it then allows lse to admit more students who want to study econ, numbers for L101 are limited, they know pretty much everyone wants to study econ so thats why in most departments you will have a with econ or econ and courses.

i applied late in jan, and only received the strongest in the cohort give us 7 weeks email last week. I personally think the department will write to all its applicants at once, sometime toward the end of the month. But with lse you never know

i talked a little about the long term economic effects of the slave trade in africa, the difficulty in establishing causality, reasons for differences in rates of growth, linking the great depression to the great recession via bernankes holy grail

also there is no econ hist and econ, there is only econ hist with econ where you major in econ hist.

what correspondence have you had from them?

Good luck, i do hope i am wrong and we all find out tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thouhid khan)
    Do you mind if I ask you what grades you got in GCSE
    Didn do GCSE
    but doing Alevel in UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)
    Pahaha, the levels we have stooped to on this thread, crazyyyy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hahaha, its starting to get a little sad actually...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marhju)
    Congratulations!! Wow you waited a while!
    I'm an IB applicant too, but they didn't say anything about your total grade in your condition, only your HLs?
    Thanks!! I waited more than a while! Those *****es! But at least its worth it! Oh yeah i need 38 but i guess its fine as i am predicted 45 and i am really confident about my score above 40, lets hope my confidence is based on something real ahahah

ReputationRep:
    hey, what i can say for a fact 100% is that for econ and econ hist approval will be needed from both departments, because for econ and econ hist you do a decent number of modules from the economics department. What i don't know and would like to find out is, does the economic department have a say if that is the subject you will be minoring in?
    I have a feeling though that only the econ and.. program is considered by both departments

To be honest i think the reason it is run by the econ history department is probably partly administrative, because it then allows lse to admit more students who want to study econ, numbers for L101 are limited, they know pretty much everyone wants to study econ so thats why in most departments you will have a with econ or econ and courses.

i applied late in jan, and only received the strongest in the cohort give us 7 weeks email last week. I personally think the department will write to all its applicants at once, sometime toward the end of the month. But with lse you never know

i talked a little about the long term economic effects of the slave trade in africa, the difficulty in establishing causality, reasons for differences in rates of growth, linking the great depression to the great recession via bernankes holy grail

also there is no econ hist and econ, there is only econ hist with econ where you major in econ hist.

I think what you're saying makes sense, both departments probably need to go over the applications for combination subjects. And what do you mean there is no econ and econ history? I don't really understand. I applied for VL31.
    I have received the 2 week acknowledgement, 5 week, 4 week strongest in the cycle, and 2 week xmas holiday emails in the order.
    I like the content you wrote in the ps, sounds interesting and I’m sure it’s a very good ps!
    It would be very bad if they reply to everyone at the same time like you said, it would be so unfair on those who have waited so long like me! I really hope all this could end soon, I really can’t deal with them not sticking to their deadlines and then think its ok to just ignore me and stall me for another month! I get that they have lots of applications to process, but I would rather not have these deadlines emails that don’t mean jack **** as it really ****s up my mind at the end of every week, thinking I am going to get rejected any minute now… jesus.
    Anyway, lets see what happens tomorrow.

ReputationRep:

As far as I can understand you have the "strongest in the cohort"? So what did you get before it? Firstly confirmation, than 2 weeks, than 7 weeks strong enough and than 7 weeks the strongest in the cohort? Or maybe by any chance you meant the strong enough email instead of the strongest in the cohort?

Also waiting to hear back. Applied on 3rd January and got 2 weeks and than strong enough 7 weeks email which I am currently 3 weeks in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In which case.... I too am betting £50 that I don't hear back tomorrow, or next week.

Check and mate LSE

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Gov't and Economics today! But their conditions are nearly impossible for me to obtain (American school system), so... Hopefully going to Oxford!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eloo)
    As far as I can understand you have the "strongest in the cohort"? So what did you get before it? Firstly confirmation, than 2 weeks, than 7 weeks strong enough and than 7 weeks the strongest in the cohort? Or maybe by any chance you meant the strong enough email instead of the strongest in the cohort?

Also waiting to hear back. Applied on 3rd January and got 2 weeks and than strong enough 7 weeks email which I am currently 3 weeks in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes you are correct, i have received exactly the same emails as yourself, i.e not the strongest but strong enough

15/1 app submitted
    17/1 app received + 2 week
    c.23/1 7 week strong enough

ReputationRep:
    I think what you're saying makes sense, both departments probably need to go over the applications for combination subjects. And what do you mean there is no econ and econ history? I don't really understand. I applied for VL31.
    I have received the 2 week acknowledgement, 5 week, 4 week strongest in the cycle, and 2 week xmas holiday emails in the order.
    I like the content you wrote in the ps, sounds interesting and I’m sure it’s a very good ps!
    It would be very bad if they reply to everyone at the same time like you said, it would be so unfair on those who have waited so long like me! I really hope all this could end soon, I really can’t deal with them not sticking to their deadlines and then think its ok to just ignore me and stall me for another month! I get that they have lots of applications to process, but I would rather not have these deadlines emails that don’t mean jack **** as it really ****s up my mind at the end of every week, thinking I am going to get rejected any minute now… jesus.
    Anyway, lets see what happens tomorrow.

my reasoning behind thinking this is because it is a small department that admits only a few students therefore it is more important for them to wait until after the deadline, essentially i think for the most part lse plays it safe and fair. They at least like you but want a comparison against the entire cohort of apps. Only a very few exceptional applicants id imagine receive offers from the econ hist dept before mid jan, and more with econ or law as these departments are bigger.

i probably agree, in theory nice idea lse with the updates but better organization is needed,
    i thought you meant econ and econ history earlier, but mistakenly wrote econ hist and econ

ReputationRep:
    I think my application is lost and burried deep within a pile of applications..collecting dust

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloe_ccjy)
    I think my application is lost and burried deep within a pile of applications..collecting dust

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think they threw mine away and forgot to tell me about it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.