Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Lucas.)
      Is it bad that we started on that...? Yeah I found it a piece of cake, but honestly some people in my group struggled with it and they looked like they weren't enjoying it at all. I sit behind this girl in Decision and she's so bloody hot so I made sure I sat behind her in my Core. (We have the same group, but different a teacher/room for Decision/Core) :cool:

Hahaha, good luck! Would hate to do an entrance test.
      Hot in what way:eek::tongue:

ReputationRep:
      Hi guys, I'm 16 and I'm going to a college where more than half of the people seem to be adults (well, nearly all the people I managed to talk with were). It's been a week and I haven't had a conversation that is longer than 1 min
      On the other hand, the lessons are not as bad. Anybody here doing Lancastrians, Yorkists and Tudors in AS History? I wanted to do some more modern stuff with more politics like WWII, Russia,... but this turned out to be pretty interesting

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kai Bloodworth)
      Try doing questions from a text book or try some of the revision material on this very site. Bound to find something good.
      Thanks

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by techno836)
      Well Binomials in the MEI course is in UNit one chapter 6 or 7 i believe (after polynomials) ... And i find all of C1 easy
      You do MEI too? :awesome:How far you gotten into it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Do you consider homework part of the extra work you're meant to do outside class?

ReputationRep:
      Fhew, first week of AS over *puts feet up, but only for a bit!*

(Original post by Georgiecat)
      Do you consider homework part of the extra work you're meant to do outside class?
      Homework is always on the topic I did in class that day, so I look at it as a method of reinforcing what I learned that day, you could almost say revision.

ReputationRep:
      I'm busier than I anticipated since I started college! ¬.¬
      It's sooooo good though, so glad I picked it over 6th Form!
      How are you all? :3

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by blamethenargles)
      I'm busier than I anticipated since I started college! ¬.¬
      It's sooooo good though, so glad I picked it over 6th Form!
      How are you all? :3
      Hiya I know right same here, I'm probably gonna have to sign out soon coz of the Maths homework -_- I chose a sixth form as the colleges are quite far from where I live and it has good results in science But oh my god that are so clever; I feel so out of place but most of my lessons are good So over all I'm okay thanks; how are you finding your chosen subjects?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by JustaDreamer)
      Hiya I know right same here, I'm probably gonna have to sign out soon coz of the Maths homework -_- I chose a sixth form as the colleges are quite far from where I live and it has good results in science But oh my god that are so clever; I feel so out of place but most of my lessons are good So over all I'm okay thanks; how are you finding your chosen subjects?
      They're all great! I thought I was really going to struggle at maths but it's pretty straightforward at the moment! I'm glad you're okay though!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by blamethenargles)
      They're all great! I thought I was really going to struggle at maths but it's pretty straightforward at the moment! I'm glad you're okay though!
      Aw yeah same my maths teachers are my favourite right now Aw thanks you too; good luck for the rest of it!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by JustaDreamer)
      Aw yeah same my maths teachers are my favourite right now Aw thanks you too; good luck for the rest of it!
      My favourite's my music teacher- Music is most definitely my favourite subject at the moment! Thank you- you too!

ReputationRep:
      My Goldfrapp album arrived today aaaaah it's such a masterpiece album of the year

ReputationRep:
      wow looking at these AS books are really daunting !!

ReputationRep:
      My Core Maths teacher is such a cool guy. He spent a good 15 minutes talking about surfing today.

ReputationRep:
      I have no idea what sort of places to ask for work experience

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RagaZ)
      wow looking at these AS books are really daunting !!
      I second that!

ReputationRep:
      My physics teacher was ****ging off TSR today XD He said it was full of people saying they're better than you at everything. I told him it really isn't.

ReputationRep:
      I am so stressed out right now This week I've had 14 pieces of homework and today we were told we need to 'plan out our whole year' and think about work experience and extra-curriculars and, ugh, I've don't know what I want to do with my life.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SophieB1997)
      I am so stressed out right now This week I've had 14 pieces of homework and today we were told we need to 'plan out our whole year' and think about work experience and extra-curriculars and, ugh, I've don't know what I want to do with my life.
      do you go to a state, grammar or private school?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by pathosL)
      do you go to a state, grammar or private school?
      Technically it's an academy but it still calls itself a grammar school, as that sounds better

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.