Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    > Zen-wannabe Djokovic loses first set to Thiem.
    > Djokovic gets mad.
    > Trashes Thiem 6-0 6-2 in the next 2 sets.

I wish he drops this guru bulls**t and the "winning slams doesn't matter anymore" attitude and let his competitiveness take over again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monk1324)
    > Zen-wannabe Djokovic loses first set to Thiem.
    > Djokovic gets mad.
    > Trashes Thiem 6-0 6-2 in the next 2 sets.

I wish he drops this guru bulls**t and the "winning slams doesn't matter anymore" attitude and let his competitiveness take over again.
    He is still, without doubt, one of the most dangerous players.
    He has calmed down a lot since he started, whereas Victor Troicki has got incredibly out of hand now.

ReputationRep:
    Just bought a ticket for the afternoon session tomorrow :woo: Will be my first time seeing live tennis, can't wait :excited: Block 416 row H, my eyesight is so bad I'm hoping I can actually see the ball lol.

ReputationRep:
    How much was the ticket?

ReputationRep:
    What an effort by Murray, great win :congrats: What a year hes had Beating Djokovic at his own game, so unlike him to make that many errors.

(Original post by Gnatt27)
    How much was the ticket?
    £20 plus about £10 of handling charges. Not too bad.

Saw the end of the doubles and Murray vs Wawrinka, which was pretty good. Feels a little slower live than it does on TV. Murray was solid, but Wawrinka was a bit disappointing, was hoping to see more of his backhand winners :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Murray deservedly year end no. 1. Djokovic just couldn't play his best when it mattered while Murray rarely dropped his level. 2017 will be interesting

ReputationRep:
    I was also at this match - I was disappointed by the quality so don't let it influence your opinion of live tennis. I've seen many better matches at the O2.
    I was also in a similar seat 406 block and row F. Still, they're decent seats for the price, don't you think?. TBH I don't think there is a bad seat in the O2 - it suits tennis well.
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    What an effort by Murray, great win :congrats: What a year hes had Beating Djokovic at his own game, so unlike him to make that many errors.

£20 plus about £10 of handling charges. Not too bad.

Saw the end of the doubles and Murray vs Wawrinka, which was pretty good. Feels a little slower live than it does on TV. Murray was solid, but Wawrinka was a bit disappointing, was hoping to see more of his backhand winners :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodooshaman)
    I was also at this match - I was disappointed by the quality so don't let it influence your opinion of live tennis. I've seen many better matches at the O2.
    I was also in a similar seat 406 block and row F. Still, they're decent seats for the price, don't you think?. TBH I don't think there is a bad seat in the O2 - it suits tennis well.
    Yeah it wasn't the best of matches, but it was still enjoyable, definitely coming back next year if I have the chance.

It is indeed pretty good value, compared with other sporting events in the UK. Apparently if I booked half a year back, it would have cost me £40 plus any charges. There were quite a few empty seats where I was, guess tennis isn't as popular in the UK as I thought it was or most only care for Wimbledon :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Murray deservedly year end no. 1. Djokovic just couldn't play his best when it mattered while Murray rarely dropped his level. 2017 will be interesting
    With Djokovic so poor it will be interesting to see Del Potro kicking into gear plus Fed.

ReputationRep:
    Novak in the finals wasn't even the shadow of the man who crushed Nishikori. How the f**k can one day change so much?

ReputationRep:
    Amazing match going on. Del Porto vs Cilic.

ReputationRep:
    Finding Dory and Shrek in 1 minute LOOOL too funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m79q7m6WGU

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fnt1klo)
    Amazing match going on. Del Porto vs Cilic.
    Yeah bro match of the year for me

ReputationRep:
    Well that was a great Davis Cup final! I didn't really expect Karlovic to lose that one, but Del Potro vs Cilic was awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clockwork_orange)
    Well that was a great Davis Cup final! I didn't really expect Karlovic to lose that one, but Del Potro vs Cilic was awesome.
    I'm happy for Del Potro because he's been out of action with wrist injuries and he's had other operations.
    Murray should've played harder in his first match against Argentina, then we would've ripped Cilic to pieces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334)
    I'm happy for Del Potro because he's been out of action with wrist injuries and he's had other operations.
    Murray should've played harder in his first match against Argentina, then we would've ripped Cilic to pieces.
    Delpo is going to be a real threat next year

ReputationRep:
    Who are you all supporting for Australian open? Who's the likely player to win? Who's the underdog?
    Fed and Nadal back!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fnt1klo)
    Who are you all supporting for Australian open? Who's the likely player to win? Who's the underdog?
    Fed and Nadal back!!!
    Been a Fed fan since birth

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to seeing murray,Thiem, Delpo ,Wawrinka and Edmund . All my faves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnatt27)
    Looking forward to seeing murray,Thiem, Delpo ,Wawrinka and Edmund . All my faves
    Delpo withdrew week earlier.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.