Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    I think its pretty clear that their aim is to wipe out the Jews starting with Israel.
    Given the fact that they have not stated what you purport to state they have claimed, your choice of quotes is summarily dismissed.

I suggest you come back when you have something which explicitly calls for the destruction of Jews, as opposed to Israel which could be said to be a reasonable opinion to hold.

I mean, the Palestinians were living in relative peace with their Jewish neighbors prior to the creation of the Israeli State upon when they suddenly became hostile.

What was the factor which drove them to this level of hostility that they would go from living together one day to killing them the next?

The Jews whom they had been living alongside for hundreds of years or the establishment of the Jewish State?

"Elementary, my dear Watson". :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    This conflict is greater than the existence of Hamas, this conflict didn't begin with Hamas and it will not end with Hamas either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CTArsenal)
    check out the video I posted above, it highlights the whole conflict in detail without bias
    Thanks. Hope to trust her version of events

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    Given the fact that they have not stated what you purport to state they have claimed, your choice of quotes is summarily dismissed.

I suggest you come back when you have something which explicitly calls for the destruction of Jews, as opposed to Israel which could be said to be a reasonable opinion to hold.

I mean, the Palestinians were living in relative peace with their Jewish neighbors prior to the creation of the Israeli State upon when they suddenly became hostile.

What was the factor which drove them to this level of hostility that they would go from living together one day to killing them the next?

The Jews whom they had been living alongside for hundreds of years or the establishment of the Jewish State?

"Elementary, my dear Watson". :holmes:
    You are of course free to "summarily dismiss" the quotes. I frankly would not expect anything different. I am not writing to convince you since you will not change your mind regardless of how much evidence is placed in front of you. I respond to your posts so that others reading the thread will not fooled into believing you.

On the point of Arab violence against Jews. It certainly predates 1948. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1929_Hebron_massacre

ReputationRep:
    Netenyahu is a terrorist. There I've said it. He has no interest in peace, evident in his blatant disregard for international law and his collective punishment against the Gaza population is a war crime according to the IRCC - and I agree.

ReputationRep:
    You are of course free to "summarily dismiss" the quotes. I frankly would not expect anything different. I am not writing to convince you since you will not change your mind regardless of how much evidence is placed in front of you. I respond to your posts so that others reading the thread will not fooled into believing you.
    I think it is clear to all that you have been unable to substantiate your opinion, an erroneous one, that HAMAS calls for the destruction of Jews, as opposed to the State of Israel.

The links or quotes you have posted does not strengthen your argument but detracts from it, as it is shown quite clearly that one has to imply and read so much into it, not to mention, selectively quoting bits and pieces in order to get a vague noion that maybe HAMAS does want to destroy all Jews, contrary to their Charter which simply seeks to destroy Israel, which is quite a legitimate aim.

On the point of Arab violence against Jews. It certainly predates 1948. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1929_Hebron_massacre
    Yes, the plan to have an independent Jewish State in Palestine was only formulated in 1947. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    How awfully convenient is it that people forget that Netenyahu himself said that he has no intention in giving Palestinians sovereignty with or without Hamas?

ReputationRep:
    Nick Clegg believes Israel has overstepped the mark and all UK export licenses to Israel must be suspended.

This follows on from Spain's suspension of arms licenses to Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    I think it is clear to all that you have been unable to substantiate your opinion, an erroneous one, that HAMAS calls for the destruction of Jews, as opposed to the State of Israel.

The links or quotes you have posted does not strengthen your argument but detracts from it, as it is shown quite clearly that one has to imply and read so much into it, not to mention, selectively quoting bits and pieces in order to get a vague noion that maybe HAMAS does want to destroy all Jews, contrary to their Charter which simply seeks to destroy Israel, which is quite a legitimate aim.

Yes, the plan to have an independent Jewish State in Palestine was only formulated in 1947. :rolleyes:
    I leave it for each person to make up their minds whether Hamas only intend to murder all Jews inside Israel or all Jews everywhere.

As for your last sentence, I will just quote back what you first wrote:
    "I mean, the Palestinians were living in relative peace with their Jewish neighbors prior to the creation of the Israeli State upon when they suddenly became hostile."

1929 is prior to 1948 which was the point of creation of the Israeli State.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by merrill)
    Genocide is never acceptable.

But, neither is firing rockets at civilians. (Both Jews and Palestinians)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wasn't aware that all Israelis are Jewish and all Jewish people are Israelis.

I'm not sure why people think the terms are interchangeable.

ReputationRep:
    Repeating the lie that Israel wants genocide is more than just "a bit extreme". One of the reasons that this topic causes such vehemence is that far too many people have bought into the lie of Israel's "genocide" or "apartheid" and are therefore convinced that Israel is the worst country in the world. They are therefore unable to comprehend the fact that the world doesn't do anything about it. If they realised that there was nothing like a genocide or apartheid going on then they wouldn't be left so traumatised by the lack of action to stop those non-existent things from happening.

Since you've made that post I've seen plenty of evidence. Though Admittedly I don't know if there was much at the time of you posting this.

ReputationRep:
    I leave it for each person to make up their minds whether Hamas only intend to murder all Jews inside Israel or all Jews everywhere.
    Ahh, so you are playing the PR game? How like you...

As for your last sentence, I will just quote back what you first wrote:
    "I mean, the Palestinians were living in relative peace with their Jewish neighbors prior to the creation of the Israeli State upon when they suddenly became hostile."
    So I shall amend it to read: "....prior to the formulation of the plan to establish a Jewish State in Palestine...."

There. That's taken out your "1929 link"...

1929 is prior to 1948 which was the point of creation of the Israeli State.
    And it's been taken out...

Next please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrapeLeaves)
    Read history. The "Palestinians" are simply Arabs many of whom immigrated in large numbers from surrounding countries looking for work 100-150 years ago. According to the British during their mandate, more Arabs immigrated there than Jews did. The famous historian Martin Gilbert wrote that at least 50,000 Arabs immigrated there during the British Mandate alone, with tons more having gone there during Ottoman rule.
    Considering the increase in the Arab population of Palestine of more than 600,000 over the course of the British Mandate, 50,000 would be pretty small fry.

Read any accounts about the area, from C.S. Lewis to the British High Commission. All of them said the land was desolate until the Jews moved there and built the place.
    I can't find any accounts by CS Lewis.

There are plenty of accounts documenting Palestine's wealth at the time, including from Ahad Ha'am, one of the early Zionist thinkers.

Palestine did see an economic boom in the late 19th Century, but this was mostly down to modernisation policies both from the Ottomans in Constantinople and from local Arab leaders. Indeed, the areas which saw high increases in Jewish population saw low increases in Arab population and vice versa.

BTW 50% of Israeli Jews today are refugees from Arabic countries. And yes they easily got citizenship and a life.
    Not that easily. While they were given formal citizenship, the Ashkenazi Israeli establishment treated Mizrahi and Sephardi Jews like scum for decades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Since you've made that post I've seen plenty of evidence. Though Admittedly I don't know if there was much at the time of you posting this.
    There is no evidence of genocide because there patently has not been one. Not unless your definition of "genocide" is incredibly loose in which case the word loses useful meaning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    lol a few slight issues. Such as how American states have the most horrific border control and would probably send the isrealis straight back over the Atlantic. Remorselessly

ReputationRep:
    Islamists would still try to attack them...

ReputationRep:
    There is no evidence of genocide because there patently has not been one. Not unless your definition of "genocide" is incredibly loose in which case the word loses useful meaning.
    I may have mis-read your post. There isn't genocide happening, but there are certainly calls for it.

https://www.facebook.com/MFeiglin/posts/695450140534104

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-9643888.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    I may have mis-read your post. There isn't genocide happening, but there are certainly calls for it.

https://www.facebook.com/MFeiglin/posts/695450140534104

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-9643888.html
    Feiglin didn't call for genocide. He called for something pretty reprehensible but certainly not genocide. But yes, there are people in Israel calling for genocide and they will garner attention. Fact remains that Israel hasn't committed genocide and yet people still accuse it of doing so.

Those same people, and people who believe them, then find it very hard to understand why the media and people in power are not acting as if a genocide is going on. Rather than rethink their understanding of the situation they go on about a conspiracy to not let the world know the truth. I guess it must be kind of exciting to think that you're part of a small number who really know the truth. But it cannot be healthy mentally to live in such a fantasy world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by merrill)
    Genocide is never acceptable.

But, neither is firing rockets at civilians. (Both Jews and Palestinians)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Killing in general is not acceptable, it doesn't matter if it is with a rocket or multiple paper cuts.

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.