Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Can anyone help me please? So for AR which is the most similar resource to use, and are the medify mocks easy/hard for AR. I'd just like to know before I do them that's all thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I could tell you my scores from Medify compared to the real thing if it'd help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    I need it so bad! Been preparing 2 months and I struggle to break 550 in the official mocks. How rubbish is that!?!?!?!?!?!?!/1
    Honestly as long as you're preparing you're in a better position than me... Aren't you going to apply to Oxford? I'm not sure if it was you or not... But anyway just make dua that I get a reasonable score and I'll do the same for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BFCBP)
    I could tell you my scores from Medify compared to the real thing if it'd help?

Yes please I need to know if medify mock exams are harder and the scores that people got compared to the actual exam is lower, because I'm only averaging about 620 when I need about 700.

ReputationRep:
    What is that 👀👀 why do they do this to us tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Starting to get sick and tired of it tbh, wanted to do the exam now and get it out of the way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    Starting to get sick and tired of it tbh, wanted to do the exam now and get it out of the way

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too but in the back of mind I know that if I don't put 100% into it now I'll only regret it. Just think if you get in this year no more UKCAT ever again! What time is yours on Thursday just so I can make sure to message you or whatever since ours is on the same day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Me too but in the back of mind I know that if I don't put 100% into it now I'll only regret it. Just think if you get in this year no more UKCAT ever again! What time is yours on Thursday just so I can make sure to message you or whatever since ours is on the same day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good point haha but I just feel like at this point we're not going to improve *much* more tbh. It's at 11:30am I believe, and yea let me know how you did!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    Honestly as long as you're preparing you're in a better position than me... Aren't you going to apply to Oxford? I'm not sure if it was you or not... But anyway just make dua that I get a reasonable score and I'll do the same for you.
    I'm sure you will be great.

Definitely! I will make Dua for you tonight Pls make for me too but I will make dua that you smash your target score!!!

I actually am thinking about Oxford but really don't know as I haven't touched my Advanced Higher stuff at all due to UKCAT. Oxford would mean less than a month to prepare for BMAT, and catching up, and projects :'(

All the best

ReputationRep:
    Which heartless idiot came up with the UKCAT?! 😒

I got 580 average and Band 4 thanks to whoever came up with such a stupid exam!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 581114 This pattern finished me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, they're a right pain. If you see a load of the same shape in the same box, it might be a good idea to consider it is a pattern like this I think it may have come up on my exam, but i cant quite remember...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    Thanks for your advice. I was legit thinking of doing a mock the day before but I've decided now to just do practice questions, relax and have an early night!
    that's definitely a good plan!!
    hope all goes well~

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am sure you will both be great!!
    Good point haha but I just feel like at this point we're not going to improve *much* more tbh. It's at 11:30am I believe, and yea let me know how you did!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I also want to do it now but feel the same and know I could have done more. Just go ALL OUT until Thursday and hopefully you will do amazing. If you finish Medify maybe get Kaplan because I am hoping to finish medify by Tuesday, then do Kaplan and then do UKCAT Ninja and then do Kaplan Book. I have heard Kaplan is pretty good.

Lastly: My friends keep telling me so just to let you know, make sure you are doing timed practices on Medify. It really helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    I'm sure you will be great.

Definitely! I will make Dua for you tonight Pls make for me too but I will make dua that you smash your target score!!!

I actually am thinking about Oxford but really don't know as I haven't touched my Advanced Higher stuff at all due to UKCAT. Oxford would mean less than a month to prepare for BMAT, and catching up, and projects :'(

All the best
    Thank you! I remember ages ago I said i wanted >800 in each section - clearly I wasn't in touch with reality. And omg same... I don't even know why I'm doing 3 AH I only need 2 and 1 H but trust me I haven't done anything for school except suggest a vague topic for my chemistry project. As for me, I think I'm going to stick to Scottish unis - if I somehow get in it'll be by scraping it. lmao

All the best to you too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archie2004)
    What have you done to revamp your AR? I've been getting anywhere between 570-670 on mocks! So not amazing but it could be worse. Sometimes I can't work out the pattern but I can just sort of tell if it looks right or not, probably not the best way to be going about it haha!
    I've actually found AR the 'easiest' (not that any part of this process is easy) to improve on since I can follow a mental formula for working out the answer e.g. starting with number, colour then the next parameter and so on. I've also found it least worthwhile to do practise questions for AR compared to other sections due to following a formula. I'd recommend the 1000q book and completemedguide.com's guide I got a couple days ago since they have a comprehensive guide to making your own formula and I find I've massively sped up i this section since sticking to this strategy.

ReputationRep:
    Bruhhhh the average was 640! I'm gonna have to become a biologist :'( #rip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ikram99)
    Which heartless idiot came up with the UKCAT?! 😒

I got 580 average and Band 4 thanks to whoever came up with such a stupid exam!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's a bit of an unfair assessment. You can't say that because you did badly, the UKCAT is a bad exam.

Unfortunately, it works well for the majority, and so this was due to either your lack of preparation, lack of aptitude, or more likely a bit of both.

The UKCAT is great for doing what it does: assessing one's skills, not their academic knowledge. You don't need to know anything going into it, it's all about learning the techniques to do well. Also, it gives those who may not have the best overall profile a chance to prove themselves in another way.

Please do not take this the wrong way, as I do not mean to offend but only to inform you without sugar coating anything, but I would seriously think long and hard about whether you are suitable for medicine/dentistry/vets, as although I have not learnt anything about your overall profile, your UKCAT is perhaps not indicative of your application being successful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    Thank you! I remember ages ago I said i wanted >800 in each section - clearly I wasn't in touch with reality. And omg same... I don't even know why I'm doing 3 AH I only need 2 and 1 H but trust me I haven't done anything for school except suggest a vague topic for my chemistry project. As for me, I think I'm going to stick to Scottish unis - if I somehow get in it'll be by scraping it. lmao

All the best to you too.
    I'm doing 4 AH, and one is crash AH Computing Science – didn't do Nat 5 :/ it hurts...

But AH chemistry is probably worse, not taking anything in hahaha, hopefully I'll have some sort of miracle exponential growth of understanding but I wouldn't count on it!! Hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GetOverHere)
    That's a bit of an unfair assessment. You can't say that because you did badly, the UKCAT is a bad exam.

Unfortunately, it works well for the majority, and so this was due to either your lack of preparation, lack of aptitude, or more likely a bit of both.

The UKCAT is great for doing what it does: assessing one's skills, not their academic knowledge. You don't need to know anything going into it, it's all about learning the techniques to do well. Also, it gives those who may not have the best overall profile a chance to prove themselves in another way.

Please do not take this the wrong way, as I do not mean to offend but only to inform you without sugar coating anything, but I would seriously think long and hard about whether you are suitable for medicine/dentistry/vets, as although I have not learnt anything about your overall profile, your UKCAT is perhaps not indicative of your application being successful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn bro, u savage af hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Is their any way if resetting medify to having the questions unanswered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeed.)
    Yes please I need to know if medify mock exams are harder and the scores that people got compared to the actual exam is lower, because I'm only averaging about 620 when I need about 700.
    Hold on I'll just check!!

In Mock 1 I got:

770 VR
    770 QR
    650 AR
    Band 2 SJ

In Mock 2 I got:

800 VR
    650 QR
    730 AR
    Band 2 SJ

(my Medify is weirdly broken and says I got 900 AR which is not true, luckily I already noted it as 730 elsewhere)

In Mock 3 I got:

650 VR
    650 QR
    630 AR
    Band 2 SJ

(Yeah not great here...)

and then on the day I got:

650 VR
    750 QR
    860 AR
    Band 1 SJ

And also in Medify Mini-Mocks I got:

650 VR
    700 QR
    600 AR
    Band 1 SJ

Shows how different it is on the day I guess. Still shouldn't disregard Medify as too hard as it really does prepare you for anything!!

Hope this helps!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzz11)
    Is their any way if resetting medify to having the questions unanswered?
    Do you mean to redo the mocks? If so, not really... I suppose you could contact them and chance your luck but I'd not count on them resetting it for you...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.