This discussion is closed.
ro-ro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Gooner how much have you taken?
What have you taken?
Are you really happy with your decision?
I took an overdose once and afterwards I realised I didn't really want to die. If you go to hospital they don't have to tell your parents unless you let them and they can reverse the od and they can find you help.
LegoForEver
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
please just tell your parents what you have done and phone 999 now
ro-ro
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you can't tell your parents phone a friend you can trust or another adult in your life (say a sibling or a mentor or a family friend) and ask them to take you to hospital or to call you an ambulance.
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gooner1991)
So,I've found myself in a similar situation once again.
I can honestly say I hate every single aspect of my life,so here im am with 30 pills in my hands. I want to do it but I want to do it properly.My biggest fear is waking up.As usual Im too much of a coward to do it.

I feel like I will NEVER be better.My own dad even said I'll be 'a bipolar freak' for the rest of my life.I hate myself.
Have you called someone? Please. There's no point in trying to reason with you when you feel like this. But you must get help. Seriously. You can't make a decision like this when you're at your lowest point, because you can't see anything else but the depression. Try to forget about how you feel. Just concentrate on seeking help and then go from there. Please call an ambulance if you haven't already.
gooner1991
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hiya, I'm not too sure how this forum thingy works but I'll try my best.

I'm Orly's older brother and she's gone to hospital.She left her laptop on and I wanted to try and see what's bothering her. Umm, thank you for your comments and for encouraging her to tell someone it's nice to know that there are still some decent people out there.

Anyways, Im sure she will pull through.She's a strong girl.

Once again, thank you for trying.
Laus
Report 10 years ago

I'm Orly's older brother and she's gone to hospital.She left her laptop on and I wanted to try and see what's bothering her. Umm, thank you for your comments and for encouraging her to tell someone it's nice to know that there are still some decent people out there.

I really hope this is the case. Thanks for letting us know.

Send her our get well wishes. And let us know how she is if you can.

Take care of yourself too.
ro-ro
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Give her loads of well wishes and tell her we hope she feels better and she's in our thoughts.
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Had my medication doubled on Tuesday and very quickly noticed that one of the side-effects I'm suffering is heightened anxiety (one of the key things I'm on the meds for). Felt rather sheepish yesterday asking my manager for me to only be on emails because I'd get totally worked up if I was put on phones Going to take my pills in the afternoon or evening rather than first thing in the morning, see if that helps at all.
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
Had my medication doubled on Tuesday and very quickly noticed that one of the side-effects I'm suffering is heightened anxiety (one of the key things I'm on the meds for). Felt rather sheepish yesterday asking my manager for me to only be on emails because I'd get totally worked up if I was put on phones Going to take my pills in the afternoon or evening rather than first thing in the morning, see if that helps at all.
What meds you on? I take 3 fluoxetine a day, but they make me really really tired, so in the morning have to take them with energy boost tablets. They also make me really paranoid which I didnt think was a side effect. Its best if you spread the medication out to be honest, thats what I felt to be the best, but take them those energy tablets you buy from boots, or the supermarket, they seriously work wonders and because your on a high your anxiety may decrease.

Just a little thought
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
It's a single 40mg tablet of citalopram (up from 20mg tablets). On Wednesday and Thursday I was taking them before going off to work, but while in the break room waiting for work I'd be feeling really anxious and panicky. Attributed this to the tablets I'd taken about 30-60 minutes earlier (whether I'm right or not remains to be seen, but I imagine I'm right). Haven't taken the tablet yet today, but expect the same thing to happen when I take it this afternoon. Side effects only last a couple of weeks, though, so I might be back to taking them in the morning by Christmas
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's a single 40mg tablet of citalopram (up from 20mg tablets). On Wednesday and Thursday I was taking them before going off to work, but while in the break room waiting for work I'd be feeling really anxious and panicky. Attributed this to the tablets I'd taken about 30-60 minutes earlier (whether I'm right or not remains to be seen, but I imagine I'm right). Haven't taken the tablet yet today, but expect the same thing to happen when I take it this afternoon. Side effects only last a couple of weeks, though, so I might be back to taking them in the morning by Christmas
Yeah, its just your body adjusting to the new dose. Its double the dose so will have some effects for a wee while. Hang in there you be fine soon, I wish I was only on 1 40mg tablet a day. Im on 3 tablets now.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
how are you going to tell cancer patients what they have to live for if you ont want to live yourself? Sorry if that sounds defeatist, im just curious as to how you balance that kind if work with being clinically depressed.
No, it's not defeatist, it's a good point to make.

Basically, my first encounter with depression was back in 2004 when my best friend died from cancer. She had so much to live for and was one of the world's nicest people. She didn't deserve to die. I've known many people who have died from cancer and I've seen what it does to their families and friends. I may not see the point in living but the one thing that stops me from suicide is knowing that it would break my Mum's heart so I plod on with each day. These people don't get to decide their fate. They may die and their families and friends will never be the same again. So yeah, I want to do this so that money is raised so more people can survive from cancer and families and friends aren't affected and don't end up with depression like I did.

Hope that makes some sense and that you are ok today
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
No, it's not defeatist, it's a good point to make.

Basically, my first encounter with depression was back in 2004 when my best friend died from cancer. She had so much to live for and was one of the world's nicest people. She didn't deserve to die. I've known many people who have died from cancer and I've seen what it does to their families and friends. I may not see the point in living but the one thing that stops me from suicide is knowing that it would break my Mum's heart so I plod on with each day. These people don't get to decide their fate. They may die and their families and friends will never be the same again. So yeah, I want to do this so that money is raised so more people can survive from cancer and families and friends aren't affected and don't end up with depression like I did.

Hope that makes some sense and that you are ok today

Hun are you ok?

My phone wiped because a blackberry is ****, and I forgot my pass code lol

Text me as I dont have your number anymore xxxx
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Seeing my cousellor in a bit, really need to go because I need to talk about how I've lost al motivation now.
Other than that though, dare I say it: I feel a little good. Only a little.
KJ21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
Seeing my cousellor in a bit, really need to go because I need to talk about how I've lost al motivation now.
Other than that though, dare I say it: I feel a little good. Only a little.
Aww well thats good pal. Tell the councillor everything, they may seem ********s and interfering ***** but they will help in the end
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ro-ro)
I'm fat. I can't stick to any diet so I'm staying fat.
aaaaaah! what is it about girls and being fat! i bet you're not fat at all!

I'm not always making it to uni. I feel like all the friends I made at the start of uni are now drifting away from me and I dunno what's going on but I just really struggle to make myself go. I'm going out alot and I can't afford to but I dunno drinking just fills that void inside me, while I'm out and partying I don't have that big gap in my chest although I'm 'the girl that cries' alot of the time. So really I'm heading for financial disaster but I just can't quite manage to pull myself back. I'm SO tired but yet I can't sleep at this time. My room is a bloody mess and no matter how much I tidy it it gets messy again.
you're my long-lost twin!
I like this guy who has a gf and lives about 250 miles away and I don't even want to like him because it's not good but if I delete his number he always calls or texts and I don't want to tell him not to speak to me because I think his amazing and I don't want to be alone. I know I should care about his gf and I don't and that makes me such a horrible person.
well, you never know what might happen......
he's still a friend though, no? and if you feel you're drifting away from your other friends then keep talking to him.
I know I'm being self destructive and I know I'm depressed but I just can't stop myself. And now the cutting. It seems like a natural reaction to me but then I remember it's NOT NORMAL. But it is to me and I'm scared of anyone finding out. Like guys, I know the guy I like felt marks on my stomach but I dunno how aware he is and eventually if he comes to stay he will find out and I just feel so ashamed but I can't stop.
please, please don't do it. i've never had the urge to do it myself, i always turn to alcohol. so i can't really say much. if it's purely a stress thing, try cutting something that isn't you. carving things into desks is always fun......
I told my friend that I really liked him and she was like don't text him anymore because he told her he was confused by it and that he thought I was awesome but he knew he was leading me on. But I want to text him and I don't like being told what to do. I just think what happens between him and I is my business. I just feel like such a horrible worthless person and the moments with him makes that melt away but then I feel so vunerable. And I know a boy shouldn't make me feel like that and I know nothing good is going to come from this but I can't walk away.
all i can say is i know how you feel :hugs:
it's the end of the semester today, and i've let the most amazing girl i've ever met walk away, after barely even speaking a sentence to her. even i laugh at my ineptness. i told my friends i liked her, and to be fair all they gave me was encouragement. and yet the best i can manage is a longing gaze across a dancefloor. god help me

hope things improve your end....
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

whoa! what? she actually did it? give her my regards, and other people here no doubt, don't really know what to say.....
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
how are you going to tell cancer patients what they have to live for if you ont want to live yourself? Sorry if that sounds defeatist, im just curious as to how you balance that kind if work with being clinically depressed.
wow, that was harsh... I shouldn't post here drunk. I'm sorry :o:
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
whoa! what? she actually did it? give her my regards, and other people here no doubt, don't really know what to say.....
30 pills are unlikely to have done much damage... depending what it is. I'm sure she'll be fine. I hope she is anyway...
Laus
Report 10 years ago
Try to take them at the sameish time each day. I take mine in the evening. I haven't heard from you in ages. Love and hugs :hugs:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads