Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuchiR)
    I have only done two of my GCSEs and I am super scared about the results I am going to receive. I am not expecting much but I think I might disappoint my parents. What can I do to reduce my tension?
    Umm...take solace in the fact that you're only getting TWO results?! Come on man, save your stress until next year when you're getting the rest of them like everyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakeyboy16)
    I'd lift or something.
    Bro, do you even lift?:holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ugh. 3 more days. Three morrreee :eek::eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is torture :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait!!!! Love getting results!!!

Sarcasm, just in case you thought I was serious

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dopeyboi)
    great friends you have :dots:

just joking
    hahaha, I just meant my friends wouldn't be disappointed or anything!

ReputationRep:
    I am so damn scared. I think I'm going to run away and open them by myself before anyone can see. I don't like being the center of attention so with my dad or friends there it's going to be horrible. I just hope I've done well as I know I didn't work my absolute hardest! I'm going to try and be positive though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emily997)
    Anybody else started getting weird anxiety dreams about Results Day?Last night's dream featured me being swallowed in an huge brown envelope because I didn't get an A in Chemistry....hmmm.
    Well I had a terrifying dream that I missed the bus to College on my first day because I had forgotten all my things, which led to my first impression being a bad one! Pretty scary when you're dreaming it! Although a huge envelope sounds terrifying too. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydiaknibbs)
    I am so damn scared. I think I'm going to run away and open them by myself before anyone can see. I don't like being the center of attention so with my dad or friends there it's going to be horrible. I just hope I've done well as I know I didn't work my absolute hardest! I'm going to try and be positive though!

Youre sounding like me haha but if you worked your hardest thereisnothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meadhbh 3)
    We both did eng (of course lol), add maths, Spanish, geography, DA science, and R.E . Yeah I answered everything in physics but I just laughed threw the 6 mark essay question asking how the universe started ( or something like that) I remembered the right theory but after that my memory was a bit fuzzy so I just started guessing at what I thought sounded right, it could be right or wrong I never did check, and I don't want to, but I just looked over at people doing it as we'll and they weren't writing at all!!!! I was especially worried looking at my cousin once again sleeping in another exam, which very guiltily made me feel better. Geography was sort of a blur I tend to have pretty selective memory so I believe I blocked most of it out luckily, but I just about got it finished the last question severly suffered though, my result for that though should be interesting though as I believe I either did terribly well or terribly.......terrible. what about you? Was it plain sailing? or how about add maths and Spanish ?
    Fell asleep?!
    The 6 marker was the same as the specimen paper so I just learnt it haha, wrote about a page!
    I was happy enough with Geography, didn't need to overly well for my target grade.
    Add.Maths went really well! Went through it after with my teachers so I have a fair idea of marks. I did think the second paper was trickier though!
    Spanish went really well too! The listening had some tricky vocab, but the reading went brilliantly! Hoping now my examiner for the writings is kind. :lol:
    English Lit was very stressful and I worked really hard for it, so hope it pays off! How did you find them?
    Where abouts are you from btw? (never seen your name spelt that way!)

ReputationRep:
    At least you guys don't have results day on your birthday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subo_)
    At least you guys don't have results day on your birthday
    I am not sure whether you are the luckiest or unluckiest guy in TSR for now

ReputationRep:
    Rather nervous about a few individual exams but altogether feeling good. My mum dreamt that I didn't do as well as I hope, which I hope isn't true. I completed my German and English Language GCSEs before summer as I'd had all my exams and coursework marks given, so I know I've done well in them. I also received my Core Science, short course RS and Maths GCSEs last summer so I'll be getting fewer results than most other people.

ReputationRep:
    I think I've done so badd but I tried so hard and I don't know if all the hard work will pay off. It's just sad how you put so much work into classwork and stuff but when it comes to the exam you just do so bad because of the pressure and everything is determined on these exams you've taken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    Bro, do you even lift?:holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ha lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly648)
    They were okay but the confusion about one of the questions in the population section of the human paper was strange! Which topics did you do for each paper? If I had to guess I think the grade boundaries will be low (they usually aren't that high anyway and our papers were more difficult than previous years.)
    ooo, For Physical Paper I did, Restless Earth, Coastal Zones and Living World. For Human Paper I did, Population change, Development Gap and Tourism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radhikagulati)
    I don't do French but I do German and Spanish

I found the reading okay- hopefully I only lost a few marks on the last question. But the listening was a lot more difficult compared to other years! most people found these papers harder compared to past papers so hopefully grade boundaries should be lower, but tbh i don't know what aqa and gove plan to surprise gcse students with -___- I'm really scared I missed out on my chance of an a*

and to anyone doing spanish, I felt it was quite easy, but a lot of people in my school found it difficult as the questions were very vocab-specific. but overall I think the grade boundaries will be similar to past years- maybe only a few ums lower

hope everyone does well! x
    I feel exactly the same as you- don't even get me started on Gove and his stupid reforms!! -_-

Good luck, I hope you get an A*! Hopefully the grade boundaries will be low this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rakib567)
    were you doing edexcel french? if so then i completely agree with you...
    Haha, no, I did AQA Good luck with results though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    I only did German - Higher Reading and Higher Listening.

I seem to recall there being questions about what time of year people like to buy Christmas Presents, and a Laptop that was accidentally put on sale for the wrong price which resulted in loads of people trying to buy it.

Seriously, where do they get these question topics from? So many random things come up, it was horrible to revise. I don't think I done too bad in the reading but I hated the listening. Loads of questions sounded like they could have more than one of the answers.

My courseworks were all at an A grade, hopefull I'll get an A overall or at the very least a B. I think the boundaries will be low for German this year.

Yeah, I remember those questions! For French, the last question was about insects taking over the world! Like seriously, where do they get these questions?!

I know about questions having more than one answer- you never know what to pick, then you spend so long on one question, then miss the next- it's just some horrible trick! -_-

Good luck on your results!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.