Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you don't know about a particular player, where do you go to quickly find out about them? Apart from football manager/ultimate team/youtube (which I take with a bucketload of salt obviously)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    If you don't know about a particular player, where do you go to quickly find out about them? Apart from football manager/ultimate team/youtube (which I take with a bucketload of salt obviously)
    forums of the team he currently plays for and youtube. Run a search on one of the proper football broadsheets as well if he's playing in England.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if people genuinely believe we'll sign Rooney. I'd give us a 20% chance of getting him. Not because other clubs would beat us to the signing but it just goes against the clubs general philosophy. Paying £20m+ for a player who would command hefty wages and there aren't even any guarantees of how long he'll remain a top striker. Not denying he's a class striker on his day but I think Higuain would be a much safer (and cheaper) alternative.

ReputationRep:
    Don't want Rooney tbh. Would be a terrible signing. Too many downturns rather that upturns There's a reason why most United fan don't care if he goes or stays. Let him continue giving them apprehension rather us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Don't want Rooney tbh. Would be a terrible signing. Too many downturns rather that upturns There's a reason why most United fan don't care if he goes or stays. Let him continue giving them apprehension rather us.
    Exactly this. Would much rather we spend 25m and 80k a week on someone like Lars Bender than potentially double those wages on someone like Rooney.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney will not be signing for Arsenal :rofl:

I don't even see the point of going for Rooney if we're going to get Higuain anyway. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Rooney will not be signing for Arsenal :rofl:
    Good, the vast majority of Arsenal dont want a washed up has been. Enjoy paying his 250k/week wages though :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Good, the vast majority of Arsenal dont want a washed up has been. Enjoy paying his 250k/week wages though :awesome:
    What we pay Rooney doesn't bother me in the slightest, it is one of the reasons that Rooney signing for Arsenal is so ridiculous though.

ReputationRep:
    If its true that rooney and his representative aka his dad asked for another contract at the same or higher wage then Ive lost all respect for the guy an dont want him, if true hes just a mercenary.

Theres only one man left, ibrahimovic.

ReputationRep:
    had a dream we bid for messi last night ffs.
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Roman Neustädter would be a good option for a DM, but then again he joined Schalke last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Roman Neustädter would be a good option for a DM, but then again he joined Schalke last season.

Hard to judge Neustädter. He dominated us last year but he was up against Coquelin in possibly the worst CL performance in 10 years. May as well just get Nordtveit back who's doing well at Gladbach apparently...

Lars Bender is the dream signing though.

ReputationRep:
    Hard to judge Neustädter. He dominated us last year but he was up against Coquelin in possibly the worst CL performance in 10 years. May as well just get Nordtveit back who's doing well at Gladbach apparently...

Lars Bender is the dream signing though.
    Yeah Lars would be very good, but he doesn't seem keen on leaving Leverkusen currently. I can't think of any other DM we could get apart from Fellaini.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Yeah Lars would be very good, but he doesn't seem keen on leaving Leverkusen currently. I can't think of any other DM we could get apart from Fellaini.
    Could offer Podolski as part exchange? They just lost Schurrle and he plays in the same position...

I reckon we'll end up with Capoue. Wenger bid for him on deadline day in Jan and he's the cheaper option. Still a great DM though.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    A ''washed up has been'' that were he to join, would be the best player in your squad by a country mile? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    A ''washed up has been'' that were he to join, would be the best player in your squad by a country mile? :holmes:
    Wilshere's better than Rooney mate and on an upward trajectory unlike shrek. With 70m to spend we can definitely do better than Rooney anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    2 seasons ago, you'd have said the same thing. RVP went to United and dominated leading to Rooney's crumbling.

Food for thought.

ReputationRep:
    Love how after one poor season (when he was still one of the most productive players in the league) Rooney is completely ****. I very, very much doubt that Wenger would ever spend £70m in a transfer window anyway, even if the money is available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Love how after one poor season (when he was still one of the most productive players in the league) Rooney is completely ****. I very, very much doubt that Wenger would ever spend £70m in a transfer window anyway, even if the money is available.
    Well they've been reported to have made several bids for players e.g bender and Grenier so clearly he is willing to spend big to make Arsenal title contenders again.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.