Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Ah, touche.
    Its the difference between social and economic libertarianism.

Whilst we're certainly not economic libertarians (bar an opposition to regressive taxation) we're certainly social ones as shown by our stance on drugs (including alcohol) and LGBT rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arfah)
    Can I and how do I join the Labour Party?
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/pro...editusergroups

Join the Labour usergroup here, and once RayApparently approves your request then you'll have access to the private Labour subforum and we can take it from there
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by arfah)
    Can I and how do I join the Labour Party?
    Evening, I'm the Leader of the TSR Labour Party - you can join our movement by following the link in my signature and then selecting ''TSR Labour Party". It'll take a few days to process the application and once that's done you'll have access to our private party sub-forum and be eligible to vote in our internal elections etc. as a fully fledged TSR Labourite.

If you have any questions about TSR Labour's policies or history - or any broader questions about the Model House of Commons feel free to contact the Deputy Leader (junaidk7), the Party Chair (Saracen's Fez) or myself by private message or by tagging us in this thread.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by localblackguy)

Join the Labour usergroup here, and once RayApparently approves your request then you'll have access to the private Labour subforum and we can take it from there
    Beat me to it haha
    Lab HQ is where all the good banter is.

(Original post by localblackguy)

(Original post by RayApparently)
    Evening, I'm the Leader of the TSR Labour Party - you can join our movement by following the link in my signature and then selecting ''TSR Labour Party". It'll take a few days to process the application and once that's done you'll have access to our private party sub-forum and be eligible to vote in our internal elections etc. as a fully fledged TSR Labourite.

If you have any questions about TSR Labour's policies or history - or any broader questions about the Model House of Commons feel free to contact the Deputy Leader (junaidk7), the Party Chair (Saracen's Fez) or myself by private message or by tagging us in this thread.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    If I could move back off transgender talk for a moment and onto the libertarian comment. How many of you would you say identified as having libertarian views, or libertarian leaning views?
    I'd say I'm socially libertarian - I don't think you should be stopped from doing anything that doesn't cause direct harm to other, I believe we should seek not to judge others and have a justice system geared towards rehabilitation and public protection rather than punishment, and I think we need a great deal more freedom from state surveillance and corporate data-mining.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    If I could move back off transgender talk for a moment and onto the libertarian comment. How many of you would you say identified as having libertarian views, or libertarian leaning views?
    Have you applied to join the party?

ReputationRep:
    I voted Labour last election
    How do I join the club here

ReputationRep:
    You know I just realised I hadn't yet applied, so just fixed that glaring problem now
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Pikachu94)
    I voted Labour last election
    How do I join the club here
    You can apply to join the Labour usergroup here:

In the meantime you can contact a member of the leadership team:
    Leader: RayApparently
    Deputy Leader: junaidk7
    Chair: Moi
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    If transgenders are being bullied in school, changing their sex will not stop the bullying. It should instead be a case of tackling bullying. Many people are bullied for something they were born with, such as ethnicity, appearance, mental disorders, etc. Since having a sex change is not going to stop bullying, one should focus on tackling the root cause of the problem. This is done by creating an environment where bullying is not tolerated, and people should watch out for each other.

If anyone is feeling depressed or suicidal, they should be seeing a psychiatrist. It does not mean we should let underage people make major life-changing decisions. By the way, you are not someone who entirely respects a person who may be feeling depressed and behaving abnormally. Do I need to bring up a rude quote of yours about a former member of this House? Have you not considered that he may be behaving the way he is due to his depression? You did not appear to be as considerate as you make yourself to be now.
    I would have thought that, if anything, it would make the bullying worse if they were hypothetically able to recurve treatment and did so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    I do agree to some extent - it's silly and potentially dangerous for a three year old who may not even be able yet to fully articulate any desire to be the opposite gender to be given a sex change - but I think the age limit should be lower than 18. I would put it at 14 because at that age if someone is still clearly deeply unhappy with their birth gender, and has been exhibiting signs of wanting to be the opposite gender since they or their parents can remember then I think it's safe to say that it's not a passing fad.
    No one wants their kid growing up depressed. But at the same time, you don't need to have your **** cut off (I do know that's not the procedure) in order to identify as a woman.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    You can apply to join the Labour usergroup here:

In the meantime you can contact a member of the leadership team:
    Leader: RayApparently
    Deputy Leader: junaidk7
    Chair: Mao
    Sorted
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    Sorted
    :rofl:

Love it.

Just out of interest, behind the "Corbyn vs the world" media headlines, I've heard faint rumours of a Deputy Leader being elected at the same time. Who are our TSR Labour party members supporting for that position and why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Actaeon)
    Just out of interest, behind the "Corbyn vs the world" media headlines, I've heard faint rumours of a Deputy Leader being elected at the same time. Who are our TSR Labour party members supporting for that position and why?
    Stella Creasy as she has proven herself as an effective campaigner/organiser and I feel her talents would be very useful for the party in the position of Deputy Leader.

ReputationRep:
    Angela Eagle - she's the closest to a firm left-winger of the bunch, has union support and I feel would compliment Corbyn well as well as ensuring some gender balance in the leadership positions. Second preference to Stella Creasy - not so close to her politically but she seems confident, competent, a great campaigner and someone active and willing to modernise the way we work which is sorely needed. Third choice Watson - not 100% convinced by him, he seems very much like someone who's agenda will change with the wind, but with Corbyn hopefully in charge that's not a disaster and I prefer him to the rest of the field.

ReputationRep:
    Firmly behind Stella Creasy for DL. It's the role of 'campaigner in chief' and I think she's proven herself perfectly qualified for it. Soft spot for Ben Bradshaw as a man of principle with the expertise of winning a formerly safe Tory seat in the south.

ReputationRep:
    Stella! RayApparently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Stella! RayApparently

She's just perfect :love:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.