Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMurray88)
    I had mine last week, I took the UCAS form of choices (from my online account) and my application form which I printed out. The UCAS letter I showed did not have my address on so was not acceptable. Make sure it has your address on it!
    Thanks! Will makesure it has my address on it

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Manchester University for Secondary English. No going back now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Anyone heard back for anything from Sheffield Hallam?
    I finally did! Too bad it wasn't the decision I expected :/Speaking of which, here is the mail they sent me:
    Unfortunately we’re not able to offer you a place on the
    Modern Languages PGCE at the moment – UCAS will confirm this by e-mail shortly.
    As I explained on the day we have had a great deal of interest for a small
    number of places and due to the nature of the application process, it’s
    difficult to know how many vacancies remain.

For that reason, we’d like to keep your application on
    file & will contact you if a place becomes available in the
    future.
    Does anybody know if they really keep people's application on file or if it's just their standard denial letter? :rolleyes: SHU was my first choice, but I got an offer from my second one (Hull) and I really don't want to end up with nothing...

ReputationRep:
    I have an idea what I'm going to do, just need to practice it today! Have you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slainery)
    I finally did! Too bad it wasn't the decision I expected :/Speaking of which, here is the mail they sent me: Does anybody know if they really keep people's application on file or if it's just their standard denial letter? :rolleyes: SHU was my first choice, but I got an offer from my second one (Hull) and I really don't want to end up with nothing...
    They do actually keep you on file. I had the same experience at Leicester, was told I was interviewing for a waitlist place and that they would contact me if a space became free, which it did. So it can pay to be patient and wait 'til they get back to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidka)
    They do actually keep you on file. I had the same experience at Leicester, was told I was interviewing for a waitlist place and that they would contact me if a space became free, which it did. So it can pay to be patient and wait 'til they get back to you.
    Thanks! How long did it take for them to contact you?

ReputationRep:
    I have my skills test today - stupid question but are you allowed to take a pen and paper in for the maths test?

ReputationRep:
    I finally did! Too bad it wasn't the decision I expected :/Speaking of which, here is the mail they sent me: Does anybody know if they really keep people's application on file or if it's just their standard denial letter? :rolleyes: SHU was my first choice, but I got an offer from my second one (Hull) and I really don't want to end up with nothing...
    Ah, thanks for letting me know. I've been waiting over a month now and they don't have long to let me know according to UCAS. Sorry it's not been the decision you were hoping for. At least you have an offer from somewhere! I don't know if it's their standard denial letter, but I'm guessing they will you keep you on file.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got an interview for northampton on the 29th Jan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayleyyy)
    I have my skills test today - stupid question but are you allowed to take a pen and paper in for the maths test?
    They give you a whiteboard and pen to take in with you to write on

ReputationRep:
    On a side note, just read this from the UCAS website:

Training providers are committed to letting you know their decision either before or at the end of the 40 working days. (In the unlikely event they don't reply in time the choice will automatically be made unsuccessful.)

This doesn't seem very fair! It's also different to what I remember reading back in November which was that they would be sent a reminder. I'll be so annoyed if my last choice leave it until the 4th Feb when they could have just selected unsuccessful

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! How long did it take for them to contact you?
    About 10 days. It will depend on other candidates' timelines, which you (and the uni) can't really control.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara Jayne)
    Has anybody received an offer via email from a uni but nothing has updated on track? Wondered how long it takes to update on track, want to accept my 1st choice.
    Is this for bgu? I've had an email but nothing on track :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurencarey123)
    How long did it take them to get back to you? I'm waiting I had my interview Friday just gone and just want to know! If I get it I'm definitely goin to BG I loved the feel to it they all seemed so relaxed
    X
    I had my interview on the Thursday, I just got an email nothing on track yet.
    I don't know where I want to go I don't know much about BG might go visit them again and look around a bit more x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayleyyy)
    They provide us with white boardso n pens...in the exam hall

ReputationRep:
    Ah, thanks for letting me know. I've been waiting over a month now and they don't have long to let me know according to UCAS. Sorry it's not been the decision you were hoping for. At least you have an offer from somewhere! I don't know if it's their standard denial letter, but I'm guessing they will you keep you on file.
    I had my interview on the 6th and had been waiting since then... despite being told that they'd get back to me in a week max.

(Original post by Lidka)
    About 10 days. It will depend on other candidates' timelines, which you (and the uni) can't really control.
    I'll sit here, hoping most of the applicants moved on to their other choices, tired of waiting for SHU's response.

ReputationRep:
    It took three weeks for SHU to reply to me for a School Direct place. The schools alliance had decided straight away but had to pass it into SHU admissions. They took ages.

A month is a long time though! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone has heard back from Oxford Brookes with offers after the January interview days for Primary PGCE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryE5)
    I had my interview on the Thursday, I just got an email nothing on track yet.
    I don't know where I want to go I don't know much about BG might go visit them again and look around a bit more x
    I just had my email and they've offered me a place at bishop grotts I have heard a lot of good things from teachers at the school (where I'm doing my experience) that got their pgces there and I like it had a really friendly feel to it... More friendly than Sheffield Hallam where I got my degree. Well done anyway maybe see u in sept ...

Anyone else accepting an offer from bishop grotts???

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Anyone else got an interview at IOE on Monday for Primary PGCE? Starting to panic slightly!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.