Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is this a troll team btw?

Mignolet; Manquillo, Toure, Skrtel, Moreno; Allen, Lucas, Can; Markovic, Borini, Lallana

Against a top 3 team... at the Bernabeu, in the Champions League...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Mignolet, Manquillo, Toure, Skrtel, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Allen, Lallana, Markovic and Borini

Subs: Jones, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling and Balotelli

Skrtel captains

Edit: I can't believe I beat mr tim in posting the team sheet. :lol:
    Where'd you get this from? Telegraph says : Mignolet; Manqquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Moreno; Allen, Lucas, Can; Markovic, Lambert, Lallana.*Subs*Jones, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Balotelli.

So is it Lambert or Borini?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is that the team?

Biggest game he's ever managed and he's thrown the towel in. Unreal.

Well done, you've got an average manager.

Forza Napoli

Forza Benitez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Where'd you get this from? Telegraph says : Mignolet; Manqquillo, Skrtel, Toure, Moreno; Allen, Lucas, Can; Markovic, Lambert, Lallana.*Subs*Jones, Johnson, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Balotelli.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lfc on twitter.

My god this team is poor and we'll end up getting demolished. Do not agree with what Rodgers has done, regardless of who we're playing now or at the weekend we should be putting out best team in the champions league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    but.....mr tim hasn't posted yet

that's kind of the starting XI i thought we'd have.
    lucas/can/allen are gonna get destroyed though...
    yet again we just have a single striker; this should be fun.
    The thought of Allen and Lucas in midfield against Benzema, Kroos, Ronaldo, Rodriguez, Isco and Modric is just sickening. :puke:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got it from twitter from the official LFC account

It's Borini who's starting, Lambert isn't even on the bench

ReputationRep:
    This starting XI is a joke, there'd be more dignity in a forfeit.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Agreed. Was hoping we'd at least attempt to keep some of our dignity tonight by keeping the goals scored against us in the single digits.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Forfeit is only 3-0.
    Can we do that please?

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. Was hoping we'd at least attempt to keep some of our dignity tonight by keeping the goals scored against us in the single digits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just checked, we fielded a stronger XI against Middlesbrough.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Part of me is considering not watching the game - don't really want to watch the team I love get obliterated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What will the Liverpool players be thinking?

Especially the 'better' players that have been benched?

Lose this weekend v. Chelsea, and everything could unravel very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    The only way I can see this working is ten men inside the penalty area, occasionally hoofing it out

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely pathetic, I rushed home from work to see us play at the Bernabeu and he has rested everyone, that's so disappointing and frankly embarrassing from Rodgers. Bloody hell

Wonder what the fans who flew out are thinking about that

Imagine if Chelsea batter us now :lol:

ReputationRep:
    If you guys get a draw with this team, Kudos to Rodgers :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Kolo Toure to lead you to a glorious 0-0 :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Looks like tonight's game will be the longest 90 mins of my life.

Even if the team do get smashed senseless by Madrid, I just want the team to give it their all and try their best. It'll be infuriating to watch the team play like they don't care about losing the match. Tbh our second string team looked better than our first team so who knows what can happen.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Campaign on twitter to get money for a plane flying over Anfield at the weekend saying 'sack rodgers'.

A lot of disheartened fans out there and this line-up certainly won't help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, this is going to get ugly. If Madrid score inside the first 10 minutes, then they'll take Liverpool apart at will. The sad thing is, Madrid have no El Classico at the weekend which they had last time out so i highly doubt they'd take thier foot off the pedal against Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Campaign on twitter to get money for a plane flying over Anfield at the weekend saying 'sack rodgers'.

A lot of disheartened fans out there and this line-up certainly won't help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Those 'fans' are stupid.

Fair enough it's been a difficult season for us as we have massively under performed but there's no need for fans wanting Rodgers to be fired. Especially as we have had lots of new players who are being eased into the team which will naturally take time plus it hasn't helped with Sturridge being injured too.

But yeah today's team is definitely not going to improve anything especially if our first team lose and perform badly against Chelsea on Saturday.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Those 'fans' are stupid.

Fair enough it's been a difficult season for us as we have massively under performed but there's no need for fans wanting Rodgers to be fired. Especially as we have had lots of new players who are being eased into the team which will naturally take time plus it hasn't helped with Sturridge being injured too.
    It's United/Everton fans wumming.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.