The Ultimate Football Thread IV Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Better start learning to coach so I can be a community coach for Chelsea and show Grant how it's done. *sigh*
Hedger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just watched MOTD...

Distin on Ronaldo was just... I mean, I'd understand if he accidentally got in the way and Ronaldo 'walked into' him, but it clearly wasn't. That was a ****ing bodycheck. Same on the wing as well, when he was running and I think it was Diarra or Muntari? Came out of no where and hammered him down, it was like I was watching ****ty rugby league. I 100% agree with Queiroz and his obligations. Please note as well, he even agreed the penalty you conceeded was indeed a penalty. Common sense says no but the rules say yes.

Thought i'd say as well: Rooney and Ronaldo didn't half have some Torres/Gerrard like movement haha, knew exactly where each other were gonna' be, too bad Ronaldo messed it up, would have been a well good goal.

As far as Chelsea, I didn't watch that game, couldn't be arsed but from what I seen, Chelsea had most of the posession and were just completely outplayed by Barnsley's defence. At least when we lost it was because a shot came out of no where and we didn't have Reina in net. YOU lost because you were just the crapper team. Gutted, lads.

Good day of football. 3-nil win for us, Chelski out the cup Manc out the cup (shouldn't really be) and we get to see some wrestling on the pitch haha (note Pederson's Stone Cold Slap!)
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by loadmalz)
Just watched MOTD...

Distin on Ronaldo was just... I mean, I'd understand if he accidentally got in the way and Ronaldo 'walked into' him, but it clearly wasn't. That was a ****ing bodycheck. Same on the wing as well, when he was running and I think it was Diarra or Muntari? Came out of no where and hammered him down, it was like I was watching ****ty rugby league. I 100% agree with Queiroz and his obligations. Please note as well, he even agreed the penalty you conceeded was indeed a penalty. Common sense says no but the rules say yes.
You could see that as soon as Ronaldo had gone past Sylvain Distin, the Frenchman looked at Ronaldo, and went across to block. No attempt to play the ball. A shoulder charge is fine when both players are after the ball and one comes across to block the other's channel, but Distin was never looking for the ball. It was a very cynical foul. I was just about to say that were it outside the box it was a free kick and yellow card, but given Martin Atkinson's view of the equally dirty and cynical effort from Lassana "I know nothing but fouls" Diarra, I wouldn't have bet my life on it.

Thought i'd say as well: Rooney and Ronaldo didn't half have some Torres/Gerrard like movement haha, knew exactly where each other were gonna' be, too bad Ronaldo messed it up, would have been a well good goal.
They really worked wonderfully together, cut Pompey open a fair bit. And stuff like that makes me wonder about the praise for Portsmouth's defence. Not to mention big Patrice hitting the post, although David James did a bang-up job there. Fernando Torres looks excellent for you, and has given Steven Gerrard the buddy he's been missing since Michael Owen left. They've struck up that sort of understanding now that both are regularly in the team. And the way Torres did the keeper with his hips before scoring, real natural talent. I must practise that one.

As far as Chelsea, I didn't watch that game, couldn't be arsed but from what I seen, Chelsea had most of the posession and were just completely outplayed by Barnsley's defence. At least when we lost it was because a shot came out of no where and we didn't have Reina in net. YOU lost because you were just the crapper team. Gutted, lads.
Mm, I said back then that on another day Liverpool were winning that game quite comfortably. They peppered Barnsley time after time. Chelsea never looked as inventive as that today.

Good day of football. 3-nil win for us, Chelski out the cup Manc out the cup (shouldn't really be) and we get to see some wrestling on the pitch haha (note Pederson's Stone Cold Slap!)
Can't say I agree! As for Morten Gamst Pedersen, it was not surprising that neither ref nor linesman picked that up as both were watching the ball. Could've used help from a video ref sitting somewhere in the stands. The ref was strapped up with a mic too, how difficult would it have been to bring it in?

Anyway, I thought it was more like a reverse DDT than a Stone Cold Slap :p:
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Better start learning to coach so I can be a community coach for Chelsea and show Grant how it's done. *sigh*
I'll see you at my Russian class, yeah?
.Andrew.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
Boro couldn't rip open a paper bag.
:rofl:

Maybe not, but O'Neil will want to get some sort of revenge, for old Harry selling him.. Surely..

Punches & kicks galore.

(Original post by Carlos The Villan)
Don't say that we gotta play Boro on Wednesday.
Your team will be ok, you can beat them with your eyes closed.. Or if they have Afonso Alves playing..
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
I'll see you at my Russian class, yeah?
Да.
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by .Andrew.)

Oh how i laughed when Rio dived. He got Merc'd. :toofunny:

Good day today.. :proud:

any other requests? can't sleep
Rafa
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by farhan)

Welcome back, we've missed you :teeth:
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by loadmalz)
Just watched MOTD...

Ronaldo got served, many times. The Distin 'Bodycheck' was funny

Only good part(s) of the Chelsea v Barnsley game were the fact they beat Chelski, and the crowd at the end running on the pitch too early.. :rofl:
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

:toofunny:

Distin v Ronaldo knock down would be nice, if you are that bored
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Your team will be ok, you can beat them with your eyes closed.. Or if they have Afonso Alves playing..
Yeah but we should have beaten Fulham with our eyes closed and we lost. They better win this one because I got tickets to go down and see it.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Barnsley's 90th minute winner at Anfield? Tevez scoring against the kop? Bramble equaliser against Liverpool? Any United player lifting the Premier League trophy from the past 10 years?

They should keep you busy for 10 minutes or so
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Was Abramovich at the game? Want him to be as displeased as possible - like he was at Villa with Mourinho. He might have some sense and appoint a real manager.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Carlos The Villan)
Yeah but we should have beaten Fulham with our eyes closed and we lost. They better win this one because I got tickets to go down and see it.
Fulham was a fluke.. :p:

Case of underestimating, i think. I doubt you will do that at Boro. (well, i hope they win if you are going )
Rafa
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
Barnsley's 90th minute winner at Anfield? Tevez scoring against the kop? Bramble equaliser against Liverpool? Any United player lifting the Premier League trophy from the past 10 years?

They should keep you busy for 10 minutes or so
Or even 18 years :teeth:
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Was Abramovich at the game? Want him to be as displeased as possible - like he was at Villa with Mourinho. He might have some sense and appoint a real manager.
They could appoint Keegan as manager.

Im sure he will soon be in the Dole queue in a few weeks time..

Perfect, problem solved, Like Maria.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Nah, he'll be a pundit like other failed managers. Reminds me of a Mourinho quote.
.Andrew.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Nah, he'll be a pundit like other failed managers. Reminds me of a Mourinho quote.
'I want to KILL Chelsea'.

Sounds like a Jealous Ex.. :ninja:
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
While it's great fun (and even unifying) to laugh at Newcastle, it's a little harder because of Kevin Keegan's refreshingly frank and honest nature.

He wasn't afraid to use the r-word in reference to his team, accurately describing two draws in eight games as relegation form.

However, the statistic alone doesn't tell the whole story. Half of those games were against Arsenal (league and cup), Manchester United, and Liverpool. The other half included Aston Villa and Blackburn. And all this with an entirely inherited squad, where he was badly screwed by Sam Allardyce.

On the other hand, he did join the club halfway through the transfer window, and could well have strengthened his team in that time.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Fulham was a fluke.. :p:

Case of underestimating, i think. I doubt you will do that at Boro. (well, i hope they win if you are going )
Yeah knowing my luck that i'm going they will win.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (112)
17.75%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.26%
Not great so far... (225)
35.66%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed