Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaaceandl0ve)
    Rather nervous about a few individual exams but altogether feeling good. My mum dreamt that I didn't do as well as I hope, which I hope isn't true. I completed my German and English Language GCSEs before summer as I'd had all my exams and coursework marks given, so I know I've done well in them. I also received my Core Science, short course RS and Maths GCSEs last summer so I'll be getting fewer results than most other people.
    What kind of evil mum do you have? Why would she tell you that she dreamed you did bad? If my mum had a dream like this, i'd prefer she kept it to herself! Haha

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else have a best friend who (not-so)secretly wants you to fail a few subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by THEMathlete)
    Anyone else have a best friend who (not-so)secretly wants you to fail a few subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am the best friend lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEMathlete)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have a twin sister! Haha i really hope we get similar grades or results day is gonna be so awkward in our house...

ReputationRep:
    2 days 19 hours and 12 minutes !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by India2013)
    I have a twin sister! Haha i really hope we get similar grades or results day is gonna be so awkward in our house...
    Omg finally, I found someone else on this thread who has a twin! I am really scared our results are not going to be similar, more preassure

ReputationRep:
    This is such a drag

ReputationRep:
    One of the teachers in our school confused us by telling us that we were going to get out results tomorrow, and everyone was freaking out. ._.

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, would you prefer your results being slowly released to you as soon as they were marked (e.g. via email) or do you prefer them to be all released on the same day? I'd prefer the first option :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Omg finally, I found someone else on this thread who has a twin! I am really scared our results are not going to be similar, more preassure
    I have a Twin Brother !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by bobbricks)
    Out of curiosity, would you prefer your results being slowly released to you as soon as they were marked (e.g. via email) or do you prefer them to be all released on the same day? I'd prefer the first option :rolleyes:
    Same day. I love having a big surprise. Plus, its fun (for me) having to wait and not know..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsrocks)
    Yeah, I remember those questions! For French, the last question was about insects taking over the world! Like seriously, where do they get these questions?!

I know about questions having more than one answer- you never know what to pick, then you spend so long on one question, then miss the next- it's just some horrible trick! -_-

Good luck on your results!

Good luck to you too, let me know how you get on with your German... It'll be interesting to see how badly or well we've done :P

Throughout the listening I heard all of the answers on the multiple choice questions being said, so I just ticked A B C A B C... when in doubt, guess

Another topic I recall on the listening was mouldy milk in the fridge that the cat ate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apoorvahk)
    One of the teachers in our school confused us by telling us that we were going to get out results tomorrow, and everyone was freaking out. ._.

GCSEs with CCEA are released tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    Good luck to you too, let me know how you get on with your German... It'll be interesting to see how badly or well we've done :P

Throughout the listening I heard all of the answers on the multiple choice questions being said, so I just ticked A B C A B C... when in doubt, guess

Another topic I recall on the listening was mouldy milk in the fridge that the cat ate?
    I'll let you know- let me know too!

Haha, that is classic, a guess is better than no answer :P

Oh yeah! Stupid cat :P Wasn't there one about old furniture or something like that as well? I can't remember exactly lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsrocks)
    I'll let you know- let me know too!

Haha, that is classic, a guess is better than no answer :P

Oh yeah! Stupid cat :P Wasn't there one about old furniture or something like that as well? I can't remember exactly lol

It was basically loads of stuff that I was never taught, but I think all students felt that way so hopefully that will be considered when doing the grade boundaries D:

ReputationRep:
    It was basically loads of stuff that I was never taught, but I think all students felt that way so hopefully that will be considered when doing the grade boundaries D:
    It was just beyond random! There was no link between anything we did in class, and the random stuff that came up in the exam! :P

Yeah, hopefully they will consider it

ReputationRep:
    i did AQA French and some of the questions in the listening paper had little in common to what we were taught but the reading wasn't bad, even though the questions were random

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity: I'm in a secondary school with a Sixth Form. It's completely expected that everyone who sits GCSEs and intends to do A-levels will get good enough grades to attend the Sixth Form.

What happens if you don't get the threshold? Can you still look around for colleges in a hurry? Or is that it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaT)
    Out of curiosity: I'm in a secondary school with a Sixth Form. It's completely expected that everyone who sits GCSEs and intends to do A-levels will get good enough grades to attend the Sixth Form.

What happens if you don't get the threshold? Can you still look around for colleges in a hurry? Or is that it?

There's still time, you can still enroll on courses after the new academic year has started but it's best to think of a backup plan now if you can't get into your sixth form, so that you're not going crazy trying to organise something at the last minute!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaT)

I'm sure if your results were still reasonably good you could call up a few colleges you're interested in with your grades and see what they say - some may offer quick interviews to see if they would like to offer you a place or even accept you on the spot. Not all colleges are like this but it's worth trying

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.