Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kguo2)
    I applied in mid November.. (22nd ish) got the 2 weeks email, and receive the 7 weeks email one week after. Then is the xmas email extending 2 weeks. Last week was the end of the 7 weeks and I receive 2 emails asking for my mother tongue language and AS grades.........
    Why did they ask for mother tongue???? a little bit weird...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dezzyyy)
    Why did they ask for mother tongue???? a little bit weird...:confused:
    <br><br>Cuz my passport is american, but i grew up in China.... tho i went to international school for my whole life.... i think its becuz of the english requirement issue... i hope they accept my igcse english result...<br><br>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mantown)
    Is this on top of the 'strongest in cohort' email? If so, then the amount they expect us to wait is simply excessive!!!
    Firstly I got email saying 'strong enough to be considered further' and wait 7 weeks my seven weeks ended last friday and today I received email 'application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle' wait another extra 4 weeks. And its for Geography...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muzika)
    Well I just got email saying that I need to wait another 4weeks....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just out of curiosity - where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alwaysannoyed)
    Just out of curiosity - where are you from?
    Im Lithuanian. But I do my A-levels in England now

ReputationRep:
    Any offers?

ReputationRep:
    Damn, rejected for accounting and finance.

LOL f this imma take a gap year and reapplying for chemistry and hopefully get into UCL/Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear that guys. Cheer up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh no!!! It's rejection Friday . Spare me LSE! Sorry to the people that have just been rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sun_Bear)
    Damn, rejected for accounting and finance.

LOL f this imma take a gap year and reapplying for chemistry and hopefully get into UCL/Imperial.
    sorry to hear that bro. Accounting is very competitive and a rejection isn't a reflection of your abilities.
    So can I criticise LSE now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)
    Oh no!!! It's rejection Friday . Spare me LSE! Sorry to the people that have just been rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2 more hours and you are saved for today . Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    i think i just aged 10 years waiting for lse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dutchie1)
    Rejected
    if **** happened, you better flush it man.
    LSE is just LSE there are many other things to achieve in life. Did they give you a reason?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected
    I'm sorry to hear this, for what course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arminb)
    if **** happened, you bstrongessh it man.
    LSE is just LSE there are many other things to achieve in life. Did they give you a reason?
    Hahaha, nice one. Waited 8 weeks though after strongest in cycle mail. Personal statement was the reason. Wrote for ppe and explicitly stated i wanted to do ppe. So can imagine thats the reason

ReputationRep:
    guess i am kinda screwed although I didn't get a decision yet.

I'm reapplying whilst at my 1st year in university (already got my A-level grades)

Today got an e-mail from LSE asking for predicted grade for my first year university exams..

I contacted my tutors, many said it is against university policy to do so, so they cant really help me.

I know nobody can really help me at this point, just writing to make myself feel better.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, nice one. Waited 8 weeks though after strongest in cycle mail. Personal statement was the reason. Wrote for ppe and explicitly stated i wanted to do ppe. So can imagine thats the reason
    probably it was just a 'hey s/he was rejected from Oxford but also from LSE' issue.
    Best of luck with whatever you are planning to do next.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for IR after exactly 11 weeks. The personal statement good but others better email. Mature, international applicant with international qualifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for law. I applied in mid October and It took them nearly 4 months and all possible emails (2week, 5week, 4week strongest, etc) to let me know that: your subject combination, whilst good, is not as good as the combinations offered by other similar applicants for your programme. If it is so (by any means I don't deny it), wasn't that clear back in October?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.