Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Wilshere's better than Rooney mate and on an upward trajectory unlike shrek. With 70m to spend we can definitely do better than Rooney anyway.
    You really think Arsenal can do better than Rooney? :laugh:

There aren't many better forwards in the game let alone those who are available and would join Arsenal. I get the whole wages issue, but Rooney could get into any team in the world, its that simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)

There aren't many better forwards in the game let alone those who are available and would join Arsenal. I get the whole wages issue, but Rooney could get into any team in the world, its that simple.

Nobodies doubting his good but his fitness and attitude lets him down at time. Plus the drama that comes with him every time he renews his contract.

ReputationRep:
    ALL LATEST ARSENAL NEWS :
    • Nicklas Bendtner was in Málaga this weekend to negotiate terms over a £2.6m transfer from Arsenal.
    • Gonzalo Higuaín has begun pre-season training in Madrid. Club will not sell for less than £26m.
    • Arsenal have opened talks with Arsène Wenger over a new contract.
    • Arsenal intend to conclude the deal for Gonzalo Higuaín, who only wants to play for the Gunners, before they embark on their Asia Tour. (AS)
    • Arsenal depart on their pre-season tour of Asia, on Thursday 11th July. (Guardian)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)

Everything you said is right. Many people have forgotten about Rooney's quality. He's had a very poor season by his own standards, the main reason for this is because he's playing second fiddle to RVP and I don't see this changing for the next two years which is the remaining time of his contract.

This makes the situation perfect for Arsenal. We need a world class center forward, Rooney wants to play center forward and Man U (whatever Moyes says) would rather sell than keep Rooney. A deal with Arsenal benefits everybody.

Unless Rooney says he's completely happy at United and not looking to leave I have hope Arsenal can pull off the biggest transfer in British history.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney? Do not want.

ReputationRep:
    why are people still talking about rooney?

surely it was pretty clear after the press confrence that rooney is not for sale..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)

surely it was pretty clear after the press confrence that rooney is not for sale..
    Moyes in 2004, "Rooney is not for sale" Moyes in 2009, "Lescott is not for sale"

Moyes in 2011, "Arteta is not for sale"

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Moyes in 2004, "Rooney is not for sale" Moyes in 2009, "Lescott is not for sale"

bit of a different situation, with him being the new manager and all..

after watching the confrence though I did believe him, and I really cant see any way he will let rooney go this summer..

maybe next summer after a year to settle in, but its far far to risky for him to do now..

0% of it happening to arsenal,

maybe 5% chance of it happening to another club...

(in my opinion...)
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Guys, what's the latest on Higuain? I can't be asked to sit in front of the telly all day waiting for Sky news to say something about Higuain. Way too hot for that. I don't trust the papers as much as Sky Sports. If anyone could provide me with anything i'd be grateful. Here are two videos that I think might interest some of you guys. Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWtsagKZDyU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYig1SnX1fo (Strange this video was published in 2012 :confused:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY-UI70oV9A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Guys, what's the latest on Higuain? I can't be asked to sit in front of the telly all day waiting for Sky news to say something about Higuain. Way too hot for that. I don't trust the papers as much as Sky Sports. If anyone could provide me with anything i'd be grateful. Here are two videos that I think might interest some of you guys. Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWtsagKZDyU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYig1SnX1fo (Strange this video was published in 2012 :confused:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY-UI70oV9A
    http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/t...enal-and-are-q
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    This match gave me heart problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQK-ZnF0HeU
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Nah mate! I doubt that article is reliable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)

All Moyes did was detach himself from blame if Rooney is sold. When asked about Rooney personally wanting to stay he deflected the question and didn't answer it. Surely if Rooney was 100% committed to Utd he would have expressed this to him already.

All that press conference means is that Rooney has to hand in a Transfer request if he wants to leave.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

Everton haven't had two pennies to rub together in recent years and have had to sell their best players whenever a bigger club comes calling. Hardly the same situation as Moyes finds himself in now. Would rather have Rooney see out his contract than be sold to a domestic rival.

ReputationRep:
    What's happening with Higuain? Tottenham showed the way with Paulinho. We need some conviction in the market.

ReputationRep:
    Telegraph reporting we bid £30m for Luis Suarez. No way :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Surely you should all know by now not to ****ing trust anything written in the newspapers? :facepalm: JHEEZE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Telegraph reporting we bid £30m for Luis Suarez. No way :eek:
    Well, Liverpool rejected it according to them so we can breath a sign of relief.

These part of the article made me laugh though-

There is certainly a sense of opportunism and extreme optimism about the Arsenal

Chelsea are also believed to be pondering a move for Suárez. That is even more distressing to the Merseyside club than the notion of his heading to the Emirates Stadium. After taking the last Liverpool icon, Fernando Torres, from Anfield the idea of Jose Mourinho doing the same with the much more dynamic Suárez revives painful memories.
    Pretty sure the whole thing is false.

ReputationRep:
    ''Be funny to see the Arsenal morality brigade in turmoil if we sign a racist, pathological cheat to play centre forward.'' It actually would be hilarious to see the Nick Hornby type Arsenal fans squirming.

Unfortunately, we wont be signing Suarez.

Moyes in all those situations was managing an Everton club trying to ward off 'bigger'/richer clubs from picking off his assets, though. I do think he genuinely wanted to keep all of those players in all of those cases; at United, he will actually be able to - whether Rooney wants to stay or not, frankly.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.