Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rose96982)
    Hey,
    Anyone else got an interview at IOE on Monday for Primary PGCE? Starting to panic slightly!
    Don't worry! It's not as relaxed as the other interviews I've had but still more relaxed than you'd expect! They got back to me in 4 days as well which was really good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracey297)
    Don't worry! It's not as relaxed as the other interviews I've had but still more relaxed than you'd expect! They got back to me in 4 days as well which was really good!

Brilliant do you mind me asking what kind of questions they asked you in the interview? I have so much i want to say but worried i will forget bits and then kick myself after lol!
    That's so quick? How did you do? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rose96982)
    Brilliant do you mind me asking what kind of questions they asked you in the interview? I have so much i want to say but worried i will forget bits and then kick myself after lol!
    That's so quick? How did you do? Thanks!
    It also depends on your interview because I spoke to other people who said they felt really relaxed! Erm god I can't remember! They asked about my skills I could transfer and about a current educational topic! Can't remember what else! Yea I got a conditional offer! Just waiting to hear back from durham to make a decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracey297)
    It also depends on your interview because I spoke to other people who said they felt really relaxed! Erm god I can't remember! They asked about my skills I could transfer and about a current educational topic! Can't remember what else! Yea I got a conditional offer! Just waiting to hear back from durham to make a decision!

Congratulations! Thanks for your help - just going to swot up, practice and hope for the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurencarey123)
    I just had my email and they've offered me a place at bishop grotts I have heard a lot of good things from teachers at the school (where I'm doing my experience) that got their pgces there and I like it had a really friendly feel to it... More friendly than Sheffield Hallam where I got my degree. Well done anyway maybe see u in sept ...

Anyone else accepting an offer from bishop grotts???
    Well done! I'm leaning towards bishop grotts now. Still need to know what the conditions of my offer are before I decide 100%. I've only heard good things about it and I thought they were really organized on the interview day and gave loads of information before

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer from Uni of Leicester for PGCE Primary!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slainery)
    I finally did! Too bad it wasn't the decision I expected :/Speaking of which, here is the mail they sent me: Does anybody know if they really keep people's application on file or if it's just their standard denial letter? :rolleyes: SHU was my first choice, but I got an offer from my second one (Hull) and I really don't want to end up with nothing...
    They will incase it gets nearer the time and they have rejected too many people, or people pull out and they need to fill the places

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by proud nd luvin it)
    Conditional offer from Uni of Leicester for PGCE Primary!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ahh congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear, hopefully soon! I had my interview on the 16th Jan. Did they email you or was it just a UCAS update? Well done again, hope I'm joining you! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowworld)
    Just wanted to wish you good luck for your interview tomorrow
    Thank you :-) I think it went well, they were honestly all so friendly so try not to worry too much :-) Good luck for yours too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellsbells)
    Hi, I was just wondering what PGCE in Oxford Brookes do you have an interview for? I have applied for the post compulsory in ICT/CS and haven't heard anything back from them at all. I have an interview for Edgehill and Reading in February but Oxford B are my first choice.
    Has anybody else received an interview invite with them for the post compulsory?
    Thanks for any feedback
    Hi, I've applied for the Primary PGCE (5-11) and I heard back pretty quickly with an interview date. Maybe you should call them to find out when you'll hear from them; just shows them you're super interested :-) Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)
    They will incase it gets nearer the time and they have rejected too many people, or people pull out and they need to fill the places
    Thanks! Well, they have until the 4th of February (17:58.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.of)
    No problem that's the one we were all given too, the question they ask is a tad random but it's fine, very doable! Good luck with your interview
    Thank you, I think it went quite well :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curlykayla)
    Ahh congratulations! I'm still waiting to hear, hopefully soon! I had my interview on the 16th Jan. Did they email you or was it just a UCAS update? Well done again, hope I'm joining you! x
    Thank you!! omg I had mine on the 16th Jan too, probably saw you haha XD I'm sure you'll be hearing soon, good luck!! xx

and I just had an email from ucas saying 'something has changed'

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool Oh okay, not just me who hasn't done the skills test yet then! Yeah I am going to book somewhere, would be too stressful otherwise I think Oh well done on your Oxford Brookes interview! I haven't heard from either of my other choices yet I am at the University of Bath at the moment - I am doing a bit of a random course though, it's social sciences so a mix of sociology, psychology, politics and education. I would have applied for a PGCE here but they don't do them :'( I've been having a think about interview clothes! Ahh, been two years since I've had an interview so need to buy some new clothes I think. Also... have no idea what to put on the 'personal statement' bit of the college application form - is it just a list of hobbies or should it be continuous prose explaining them and why you do them?
    Thank you, I'm not so nervous about Oxford Brookes! Cool that sounds like a pretty relevant course for teaching :-) I'm sure you'll hear from your others soon! I went shopping and bought new clothes too haha. I just talked about my hobbies, just try and make yourself sound as outgoing and interesting as possible lol. Everyone was so friendly at the Cambridge interview so try not to worry too much! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Oh I have been given the same article! Have you applied for primary or early years. I applied for early years so thought it might be specific to that. It looks quite interesting but I haven't read all of it yet
    I applied to Primary, sounds like we were all given the same article! It is pretty interesting, and the question they ask you to answer is quite broad so quite easy to do :-)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!! omg I had mine on the 16th Jan too, probably saw you haha XD I'm sure you'll be hearing soon, good luck!! xx

and I just had an email from ucas saying 'something has changed'
    I was the girl who spilt tea all over the desk before our English/Maths tests! So if you happened to see lots of commotion and people rushing about with paper towels, it was me! Totally embarrassing! I so hope so, feels like we have been waiting forever. Bet you're over the moon! Do you think you'll take it? I had an interview for a School Direct place on Monday but I was unsuccessful. Just hoping it went well really, but we shall see xx

ReputationRep:
    I was the girl who spilt tea all over the desk before our English/Maths tests! So if you happened to see lots of commotion and people rushing about with paper towels, it was me! Totally embarrassing! I so hope so, feels like we have been waiting forever. Bet you're over the moon! Do you think you'll take it? I had an interview for a School Direct place on Monday but I was unsuccessful. Just hoping it went well really, but we shall see xx
    Oh nooo I saw that!! :P at least it postponed the tests for a few minutes hehe which group were you in? Yeah I think I will take it, I've been invited for an interview in leeds, but I kind of fell in love with leicester I was so surprised that I got a place, cause I thought the interview was okay, but everyone looked so good! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryE5)
    Is this for bgu? I've had an email but nothing on track :/
    Hi. Yes it is from BG. Had an email from the admissions team but had nothing updated on track!

ReputationRep:
    Oh nooo I saw that!! :P at least it postponed the tests for a few minutes hehe which group were you in? Yeah I think I will take it, I've been invited for an interview in leeds, but I kind of fell in love with leicester I was so surprised that I got a place, cause I thought the interview was okay, but everyone looked so good! xx
    Haha! I know, took my mind off the nerves for a bit!
    I was in group 7 ( I think lol) I really liked the uni, just hope that it went ok. I wasn't sure how mine had gone. I thought it went ok, but like you said, there were other people that I thought were really good. xx

ReputationRep:
    Haha! I know, took my mind off the nerves for a bit!
    I was in group 7 ( I think lol) I really liked the uni, just hope that it went ok. I wasn't sure how mine had gone. I thought it went ok, but like you said, there were other people that I thought were really good. xx
    Ahh right, I think I was in group number 4? in the G building let me know how you get on, I'm sure you'll get offered a place xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.