Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Watched the 3-2 match at Hillsborough against Bolton last night courtesy of a friend. Bolton didn't look all that bad in honesty, their efforts to drag themselves back into the match were half decent although granted our back line was weakened. Some good goals scored too.

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant from Huddersfield Town yesterday... 5-0! Take a bow, Mr Wagner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Promotion feels like it's Middlesbrough's to lose, in truth. Another very good win for them last night.

Elsewhere, thumpings for Charlton and MK Dons at the hands of Huddersfield and Burnley respectively. I love the Championship. I really do.

What a game at the DW, too. Wigan were 3-0 up against Sheffield United but conceded three second-half goals to draw. Nightmare for Caldwell's side.
    I agree! Championship football is the finest football played in my opinion. It is extremely competitive, more so than the BPL. Especially this season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by abrack)
    I agree! Championship football is the finest football played in my opinion. It is extremely competitive, more so than the BPL. Especially this season.
    Great league. So competitive.

(Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Watched the 3-2 match at Hillsborough against Bolton last night courtesy of a friend. Bolton didn't look all that bad in honesty, their efforts to drag themselves back into the match were half decent although granted our back line was weakened. Some good goals scored too.
    Madine couldn't have meant his goal any less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrack)
    Would actually argue that the PL this season is the most competitive it has been in a long time and that the Championship is becoming less so considering the obscene amounts of money sides are throwing at going up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Byram off for £4million to Everton. Another one gone, we've sold some quality over the years..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Byram off for £4million to Everton. Another one gone, we've sold some quality over the years..
    Read £5m earlier? Can't remember where, but definitely saw that figure.

Heading to Anfield to see Exeter visit us next week. Looking forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Read £5m earlier? Can't remember where, but definitely saw that figure.

Heading to Anfield to see Exeter visit us next week. Looking forward to it.
    Yorkshire Evening Post, who are rarely wrong, saying £3.7m + 'incentives'. Considering he's out of contract in the summer it's a pretty good deal, but can't help but leave a sour taste in the mouth. He's replaceable as a player, but it's the same old and fans are fed up with it.

How much was a ticket for that?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    How much was a ticket for that?
    £16. Not too shabby.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Brentford v Burnley right now on Sky Sports, Burnley have just took the lead with a sensational goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Brentford v Burnley right now on Sky Sports, Burnley have just took the lead with a sensational goal.
    ....I have Brentford to get into the playoffs....sad times lol.

ReputationRep:
    Ridiculously frustrating. 90% of the time we're a good time, but knowing that there's always at least one monumental defensive **** up in a game that'll lead to a goal is never going to get you anywhere. May as well give the opposition a goal head start.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    2-0 To Sheffield Wednesday, not sure where the Leeds defence went after a good first half from them.

ReputationRep:
    The football league's corrupt etc

Weekend ruined courtesy of some Sunday league standard goalkeeping and about the equivalent level of refereeing.

I hate football.

ReputationRep:
    Leyton Orient seriously are heading down a downhill slope. We need a new defender, I don't find our current ones useful at all, we slipped up and gave Exeter the lead, after 1 goal I reckon we thought it would plain sailing right throughout, Exeter took there chances despite being the elss dominant team. We need to turn our season around now if we are too get a play off .
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Zezo)
    Leyton Orient seriously are heading down a downhill slope. We need a new defender, I don't find our current ones useful at all, we slipped up and gave Exeter the lead, after 1 goal I reckon we thought it would plain sailing right throughout, Exeter took there chances despite being the elss dominant team. We need to turn our season around now if we are too get a play off .
    I heard Ian Hendon has parted company as well.

ReputationRep:
    This week was a crucial one and we have fallen well short. Hoping that Mowbray can lift the players but it is a familiar tale, poor defending and a lack of ruthlessness up front.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Burton are one thing and that is very effective, top of League One they are now, Lincoln are still going through their usual mid-season slump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    This week was a crucial one and we have fallen well short. Hoping that Mowbray can lift the players but it is a familiar tale, poor defending and a lack of ruthlessness up front.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree with you, should have got more from the games. The mistake for the first goal by Phillips was really poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I heard Ian Hendon has parted company as well.
    Am I surprised? With all the issue, lack of funds and our chairman being a silly prat it's not a great formula.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 25, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.