Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    yep www.google.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumb cabbage)
    Ahh what's everyone motivation to do work and revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Saying: If I get this bit done, I can have ____ (insert something I enjoy).

Oh and locking away my laptop and phone (obvs didn't happen today. )

(Original post by techcloud14)
    yep www.google.co.uk
    huh...? did you mean to quote someone...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Saying: If I get this bit done, I can have ____ (insert something I enjoy).

Oh and locking away my laptop and phone (obvs didn't happen today. )

huh...? did you mean to quote someone...?
    yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Ah, okay. I'm sure you'll get there! Take it slow and don't frazzle yourself in one go! Use your wish to do Psychology A-Level to get there! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I keep reminding myself how important it is for me personally to get the grades needed to stay at my school's sixth form and do the subjects I want to do. I also say that if I revise a certain subject for half an hour/1 hour, I can then do something I enjoy. After Easter Sunday, my post-revision rewards will probably be chocolate for a while

Good luck, I know how hard it can be to get motivated sometimes Especially when it feels like there's too much, try and break your revision up into small, manageable chunks and try and make your revision enjoyable if possible. While I was revising Psychology today, I drew some storyboards for some case studies that I find difficult to remember - my drawing skills aren't the best so that definitely kept me entertained

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Motivation... pfft. Right now, if I revise for so long I allow myself some working out time (for getting into shape for prom). Besides that, chocolate bribery, removing my iPad from my room and the thought of a Dominoes and film night with my two best friends is dragging me through.

On a more serious note, I really want to get the grades so I can leave my schools sixth form

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The feeling I'm gonna get when I open my results and see 12 a*s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Basically, this period is just a couple of months of our lives. Working hard now means I will (hopefully ) get results to be proud of come Results Day without worrying about it after that - during sixth form and uni applications - and without regretting the lack of work I did. After this, it will all be over and I can focus on subjects I have chosen.

I see where you're coming from, though. I really struggle with motivation.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Guys, I've gone crazy with colour in the OP :eek4:

Tell me what you guys think! I'm thinking maybe the title is too much

ReputationRep:
    by any chance do you know the themes in about a boy-quotes, characters,plot

ReputationRep:
    Happy Easter (to everyone that celebrates it)!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice everyone, and happy Easter hope you all get lots of chocolate eggs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by moe889)
    What's the clan name?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :awesome:

The name is simply 'TSR Clan' with the tag #8LL9CVGY

If this is the way to get clan members, maybe I'll start posting in all the revision threads... :holmes: . There's currently 4 of us, so we're still a way away from a war, but if I can get another 4 of you from the GCSE/A-level threads, then we'll be singing!

ReputationRep:
    Is it okay if I'm still playing on my PS3 after I revise? I use it as like a reward for revising. I've finished all my notes and I'm just reading over them highlighting etc again and again and bashing through past papers. I've been working like that for 2-3 months now. Is it normal to play cos i feel kinda bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    Hello Welcome to The Current Year 11 Thread (2014/2015)

Now... for Ice Breakers

Ice Breaker Questions
    - Introduce yourself!
    - What subjects are you taking?
    - What are you hoping to do after finishing Year 11?
    - What are your hobbies and interests?
    - How do you feel about Year 11?

Who are we?

Black Rose
    Hello, I'm Black Rose. I will be doing maths, further maths, triple science, English lang, Bengali, ict, re, pe, health and social care and geography. After Year 11, I hope to do a levels, not sure in which subjects. But, I'm thinking about: Chemistry, Biology, Psychology ,Maths and Law atm. My hobbies are reading and just going on the internet really It doesn't really feel like it's Year 11 yet for me, I still feel like I'm in Year 8

Humzaawan123
    Hey everyone, i am an aspiring doctor who love mint ice cream (ikr weird) and hates anything related to chocolate (even weirder) I do french, geography, ict, triple science, maths, additional maths, english lang and english lit. At A-level i plan to take bio, chem, maths and then either economics or classical civilization to AS (really can't decide) I would love to study medicine, i can't imagine myself doing anything else tbh, the only reason i am getting the grades i am is so that i will have a good chance of competing for a place at my dream university...UCL. I like minecraft, creative writing is an area i feel is my strongest along with biology, i really like running and swimming and i think life without algebra is a life not worth living.

nox1
    My 'name' is nox1, I am taking Triple Science, Maths, English (both Language & Literature), German, PE, Geography, History and Additional Maths. After Year 11, I will go to sixth form/college, then go to university to study veterinary medicine. My hobbies are reading, baking, ice skating, running, animals. I feel like Year 11 is going to be over really quickly, since there isn't long before mocks (at my school), then only a term or so after that we do our actual GCSEs. I'm worried we won't actually get much learning done, and will spend too much time revising, taking exams and going over exams!

Imank01
    Hey my name is Iman and I love science, history and maths. A weird fact about me is I'm allergic to silver. (). I like anything to do with chocolate (except dark chocolate) and I love pizza! In year 11 I'll be studying additional science, further additional science, english language, english lit, maths, ICT, R.E (most call it R.S), Citizenship, History and French. Also getting an ASDAN qualification for P.E. After Year 11, I hope to do Chemistry, Biology, Maths then either FM/Physics/History at A level at sixth form. Then hopefully go on to study Medicine. I like doing Karate and many other sports including volleyball, basketball, football and cricket. I also like to volunteer in my spare time and I read frequently aswell when I'm not watching Teen Wolf or GoT. I'm actually quite excited because I do like to learn and it's the last year of secondary school so yay!

Purple-Pixie
    Hey, my name is Fran I'm taking IGCSE's in Maths, English Lit, English Lang, Double Science and Spanish and I'm taking GCSE's in ICT, Psychology and R.S. After Year 11, I would like to continue on to my school's sixth form and most likely study English Lit, R.S, Psychology and Sociology. I like playing video games, reading, ice skating and watching Supernatural and some other shows I'm really nervous about going into Year 11 and doing my GCSE's

Cantellyou
    Hi everyone! My name is canttellyou, just because I couldn't think of a cooler username :P I'm taking English, maths, French, geography, pe, re, triple science. Hopefully I want to do Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Geography. I love swimming, playing tennis and going to new places I have mixed feelings about going into Year 11, I half feel like everyone's going overboard saying it's so stressful, but then again it must be because of all the exams. I'm just ready to get it over and done with!

tryrevise
    Well hi I'm taking English Lang, English Lit, Maths, further maths, RS, triple science, Spanish, German, Geography, Art and Music. I'd like to go to sixth form and do A levels the subjects I'd be most interested in taking would probably be 4 out of biology, chemistry, maths, english lit and Spanish. I do music and drama as extra curricular and art is kind of like a break from my other subjects so it feels like a bit of a hobby as it takes up so much time my strongest subjects are probably English and science. Quite excited but also quite nervous as I know I'm going to have over 30 exams to revise for, without even starting to think about the amount of coursework and controlled assessments I'll have as well I really want to do well though so I'm looking forward to putting the work in (weirdly enough) and hopefully it will pay off in the end

Martie08
    Hello, I'm "Martie08" and I'm 15. I'm taking triple science, Maths, have done Statistics, English Lang/Lit, French, Business Studies, History, Geography, Computer Science. (12 GCSEs) I'm hoping to go to college and do A-Levels, probably in a mixture of sciences or humanities, or perhaps mainly sciences - I'm not entirely sure yet! Then I'd like to go to university. I like to read and am interested in technology. I go to Rangers (guiding for those age 14+) every week, and I like to do baking when I have the time. I'm excited at the prospect of getting my exams done, and also because I've heard from a lot of people that Y11 is one of the best years despite the stress. And I assume it's nothing to A-Levels so I'll try to take it in my stride.

NathalieGW
    Hey I'm Nathalie. I am sitting the following GCSE subjects. Maths, Double Science, Double Science, Geography, P.E, Computer Science and Art. ( I sat IGCSE French this year)My aspiration is to become an accountant as I have a love for accounting. Firstly I hope to sit A-level Maths, Further Maths, Geography, Accounting and international A-level French; after that hopefully I will be able to do a degree in accounting and perhaps a PhD before settling as an accountant. My Hobbies are Reading, watching documentaries, cooking, Swimming and playing Tennis. My main interests are Politics, Accounting, Mathematics ( Statistics in particular) and Sports. I am quite confident about going in to year 11 and it would be great to have an A* or two, under my belt ( which I expect to be Core Science and possibly English Literature)

ElGenioEstupido
    Hiii I am ElGenioEstupido and I support Arsenal FC. And I like chocolate and everything and even more chocolate. I'm taking for the next academic year, Maths, Further Maths, Eng Lang, Eng Lit, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Drama and Economics, although come results day this august, I'll have 5 GCSEs under my belt. After I finish Year 11, I hope to study Maths, FM and Economics at A-Level and then something related at uni. I like football and other things, Idk really I feel quite scared at the prospect of English where I'll have to write so much in such little time and the fact I have atrocious handwriting.

Marii101
    Hey everyone! My name is Marii101 (which is close to my real name - without the numbers of course ) and I'm into learning languages. Well, I've done some of my GCSEs already (this year and last year in yr 9) so I'll only write the subjects I'll be doing next year. That list would consist of: FSMQ, English lit & Lang, IT, Music, History, R.S Philosophy & Ethics and Further Additional Science. At the moment I'm planning to do Physics, Maths, History and French A Levels after Yr11. But I might change my mind during the year so Right now I'm kinda content about going into Medical Physics. Hmm, hobbies and interests. I play the piano and learn Mandarin and Korean in my spare time. I'm into Kpop and Korean R&B, HipHop, Funk etc. I like baking. Oh and I like Game of Thrones. Umm, I feel alright about Year 11. I can't wait to finish English and never have to do it again in my life. But I don't really like the idea of leaving my school. Not so worried about exams. I tend to not think about things until I have to so lets leave it at that.

_-_Ella_-_

My name is Ella.
    I am taking English Lang(IGCSE), English Lit, Biology, Chem, Physics, Maths, Sociology, History, Religious Studies, Computer Science and I will be taking some kind of additional maths.
    I am not too nervous about year 11 however I am worried about the controlled assessments.

sunday_morning
    I'm sunday_morning, 15 and from SE Wales. I'm taking triple science, History, geography, full course Welsh, Spanish as well as English and Maths. After Year 11, I will hopefully stay on to sixth form in my school studying history and geography as well as biology, English, physics possibly maths. I'm a pretty boring person , I like music and I'm part of an orchestra but I mainly just enjoy listening to it as well as watching TV (my film knowledge is terrible though). My taste in music is very broad. I feel stressed just thinking about it Year 11!

Nomes24
    Hi everyone! I'm Naomi and I'm taking English Literature, English Language, Maths, Triple Science, Theology, Spanish, History, Art and I took French in Year 8. I'm 15 years old and have aaages to wait until I'm 16… Patiently waiting until May to no longer be considered a child D: After finishing Year 11 I firstly plan to have a massive party and basically chill- until a feeling of responsibility kicks in and I'll get a summer job and maybe start reading around my A Level subjects: History, Physics, Maths, Further Maths (Which to drop?!) My hobbies include reading (fiction/ non-fiction), writing, cycling, learning new things/ languages, shopping, hanging out with friends, checking out cute boys, tumblr… and hopefully soon researching physics and doing karate! I'm trying to improve myself as a kind of new school year resolution thingy I'm excited for Year 11 because I'm one of those geeky people who loves new stuff like new folders, new schedules, fresh start really! But I do feel slightly anxious about when I need to start revising for the big exams… When I did my French GCSE I barely remember doing much revision at all - just practising vocab the night before really? But I feel like the revision for languages is more in lessons so maybe that won't be the same for my other subjects! I've done half my GCSE revision already so it shouldn't be too bad, though.

I'm really looking forward to chatting to all of you over the course of the next year as we struggle through Year 11 together xD

Trihawk7
    I'm called Trihawk7. I'm taking Maths (CCEA) Further maths (CCEA) Geography (AQA A) English Language (idk) English Literature (AQA, I think) ICT (CCEA) Double award science (CCEA). After Year 11, I'm going to do A Levels - Maths, chemistry, physics, computing/undecided. I like learning about WW2 even though I don't do history I like planes, to learn about technically and want to learn to fly. I like cars, to learn about technically, is pretty good motivation and obviously want to drive I like food. who doesn't. And I feel like I'm year 11 now?

Laurenxxx
    My name's Lauren, I'm 15 and I love American Horror Story, Lana Del Rey and Disclosure. Oooh and garlic bread is my favourite food in the world..
    When in year 11 I will be taking: Additional Maths FSQ, English Lit and Lang, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, French, History, Drama and Dance. I took some of my GCSEs early this year including: Maths, R.E/R.S, ICT and BTECs in Dance and Drama. After finishing year 11 I hope to go on to read medicine and become a doctor. This is something I am very passionate about and have wanted to do since I was young. I also would like to move schools for sixth form as I like a change every once in a while!!! My hobbies include water sports, going out with friends, hiking and shopping. I have a strong desire to travel around the world when I am a bit older and see as many countries as I can. I really don't feel like I'm ready to go into year 11, I still feel like a year 8 at heart. I just find it both strange and sad how this year is the last year I will see some people, the people who I wouldn't necessarily speak to but I'm used to seeing their face around school

Aeuronautics
    Hello, my name is Aeuronautics. I am 15 years old from London. I spend a majority of my time either studying Aeronautics or Playing flight simulators. I am sitting/ or have sat a variety of different level 2 qualifications; which are: GCSE- Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Geography, Computer Science, English Literature, English Language. IGCSE Maths, Chemistry and Physics ( of which I sat this summer examination series is May/June 2014) and Level 2 Further Mathematics. Additionally I sat AS Mathematics this current A-Level examination series and scored an A (283 ums points). After year 11, I will complete Further Mathematics, Further Additional Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics A-levels alongside Computing to AS level. After this my plan will be to study Aeronautical Engineering at Imperial College London and my ultimate goal is to become a chartered Aeronautical Engineer, then a Pilot and possibly an Air Traffic Controller during the latter stages of my career.My interests are Aeronautics, Mechanics, Nuclear Physics, and Flight Simulators. My hobbies include Playing flight simulators. Studying Mathematics. Studying Aeronautics and Aeronautical Engineering concepts. Studying Nuclear Physics. And Finally Exercising.

BEARichards
    Hi! I'm Briony (BEARichards) I'm 15 years old and I live in Wiltshire I'm currently studying:
    IGCSE: English Language, English Literature, and Cambridge IGCSE History
    GCSE: Maths, Science, Additional Science, French, Spanish, Short Course Religious Studies
    BTEC: Music After year 11 I hope to go to my school's Sixth Form and study for A Levels in French, Spanish, and 2 out of English Language & Literature (or just English Literature), History, Government and Politics, and Mathematics. I'd then like to go to University and study French and Spanish My hobbies include playing instruments- I play Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Flute, and I'm self taught guitar and piano. I'm also in a Traditional Youth Marching Band (Which is a Hell of a lot more fun than it sounds!) I'm also into other performing arts- I enjoy to sing and act and I'm always involved in theatre productions. I like to read and write too, and surf the internet. (I might be slightly addicted to Facebook and Twitter and Tumblr and TSR... >_>) I'm worrying a bit about Year 11 as I have a lot of responsibilities to do- I'm the newly appointed House Captain, so I'll have to put some work into that, as well as the next school production, and, of course, exams! I'm trying to stay calm and not stress out though, and just take things as they come! I'm going to work really hard to achieve the As and A*s that I'm predicted and hope that my work eventually pays off and I can open my results this time next year with a smile on my face :yeah:

h_isforhasi
    Heyyy, I'm Hasi, I'm so late joining this thread! But, eh it's worth it - seems very cool! I'm studying english language, history, french, core science and additional science, religious studies and maths! At A-Level, I plan to take history, french, sociology and religious studies! Hopefully, I want to be a teacher or a paediatric nurse!! My hobbies include procrastinating and reading!! I suppose I need to start studying but I have no motivation!! Part way through my second set of mocks - have the last two mocks over the next few days! Wish me luck lovely to meet y'all!

Useful LinksAdvice from previous Year 11's to upcoming Year 11's

Change from Year 11 to Sixth Form

GCSE Results Day Guidance

Getting ready for a levels

A student's guide to A level reforms

From the last Year 11 thread (these were stolen borrowed without permission from Little Tail Chaser, apparently..)

The Nuffield Foundation –Bursaries and work placements(post-16) for science-y things.

Results Day Wiki Page –All the information one could possibly need about results day and the aftermath.

A-Level Wiki Page –The place for everything to do with A-levels.

Starting Sixth Form –This may seem far away, but it’s approaching fairly quickly!

Hopefully we'll all have a great last year of secondary education :woo:

:party:

Spoiler:
    Show

Okayyy ... sooo im A
    i'm taking ...

Triple science
    Maths
    English Lit
    English Lang
    History
    Citizenship

After yr 11 i hope to get a job at a nursery .. college isn't the way to go for me

I am a sports FANATIC !!! I love netball (goal shooter here !!!!! woohoo)
    And Football is EPIC (UNITED ALL THE WAY)

I have hated all my school years and cant wait to leave the ****hole I am currently suffering in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvllum)
    Is it okay if I'm still playing on my PS3 after I revise? I use it as like a reward for revising. I've finished all my notes and I'm just reading over them highlighting etc again and again and bashing through past papers. I've been working like that for 2-3 months now. Is it normal to play cos i feel kinda bad
    Dont worry about it ... seriously you need motivations and rewards !! knock yourself out with a game of black ops or fifa or whatever you play !! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    What music do you guys listen to for study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielBaranowski)
    Some good 'ol musical theatre. Nothing like Enjolras and the rest of the Amis *swoon* passionately belting their battle plans ^-^ You?

ReputationRep:
    I don't, can't concentrate with music playing.

ReputationRep:
    Good ol' Drake
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    chocolate...

:P

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.